What's new

Cats

bobcat1963

Parker Schnobel
Veteran
Fuck,fuck,fuck.So my avatar was my best friend, obviously his name was Bob.Lost him last September at age ten.Then on June 10th this year I lost my Baby Girl, another feline who graced my presence for almost 15 years.So A few days ago I see that my only remaining cat is not eating,or doing her normal routine.Just sleeping and hanging out with me.She is 14 and mean as the day is long,but always has been.She is going to the vet as soon as I can get an appointment.I just cannot bear anymore bad news.I know shes done.She knows shes done,but she does not want to let go.I feel like fucking shit over this.
Sorry for the rant.But I had to.:cathug:

Guess I have to add one more to my signature.

rogerw

I feel for you. I have had my share of parting with my pets. Hurts like a fucking sledge hammer hit ya.
Just remember it happens to everything living . I always will have my dogs but look at it this way now you can get a new friend and have all of the fun breaking him in lol. Good luck

Abb4Zaba

Sorry to read that, BC. As a cat lover myself, I know that they are some of the most magical creatures you can share your life with, and it sucks when they leave.

Surely there is a hearty contingent of dog lovers out there who will disagree, but I don't think dogs can compare as companion animals. Dogs are geared at a deep, genetic level to see you as a pack leader and express obsequiousness. Dog lovers seem to view this as affection. Well, maybe it is, but it's also instinct. When a cat lets you into its world, I mean really lets you in, you know it's real.

It may not make you feel any better, but death is part of the cycle. Just know that that cute little kitten you'll (undoubtedly) be bringing home soon would not exist if some of the cats that came before it hadn't died. Death and rebirth. We can't escape it, and neither can our friends. Cherish the memories and rejoice in the new life that springs forth from the passing of the old.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I'm so sorry to hear about this.
At least she had a wonderful life with someone who loved her, that's more then a lot of animals get.

She's in cat heaven now, where all bowls are full of milk, the mice are just slow enough to catch after an exciting chase, and tuna grows on trees.
I think time works different there too, from her perspective, she will have just arrived, only to turn around and see you coming too, she'll never have the chance to be lonely.

Cats

Deepest sympathy to you my friend. I don't know what I'd do without my little fella. I hope that as time passes the pain will as well. I always see dog lovers on this site but I thought most tokers were cat people. May you see your friend again someday. Wish you the best of luck and karma and I raise my bowl to you.

Going from several cats to none is hard just for the grieving, but also b/c it's a change in lifestyle. Won't you consider giving another cat or cats a forever home? During the summer time, shelters are swamped with unwanted animals for several reasons.

1. College students go home or graduate and can't take their animals with them.
2. Families go on vacations and don't want to board their animals. They figure they can get another one later on.
3. People who got an animal at christmas are over taking care of it.

It won't change that you miss your meow meows, but it will keep you from being lonely and it will make some kitty's day.

Also, you may want to make pages for your kitties on catster, to celebrate the years they spent with you.

someotherguy

Veteran
sorry you lost your friends man, i have two myself,
Archie, the oldest at 13 is looking kinda tired now,
and with the beginnings of cataracts too so i know
it won't be that much longer and he'll be gone.

been with me for all of those 13 years too and
i know i will suffer with his passing.

my other is only 8 though, came to me when i took
custody of my children, and he is still frisky as hell.

anyway, again, i'm sorry for your loss brother.

peace, SOG

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
I feel for ya my friend i have 5 of them all around 6-8 and they are starting to get up there we will be devistated when we lose them... Im so sorry for your loss man... Got to remember the times with them when they are dead... not the fact that they are dead.. usually helps me alittle...

S

stickey fingers

MAY BE ITS TIME FOR A NEW ONE, I RESCUED BOTH MY PETS, I DIDNT EXPECT THEM OR WANT THEM,IT JUST HAPPEN, I HAVE NEVER HAD A CAT, SO WHEN SHE SNEAKS IN MY GARDEN I JUST WANT TO KILL HER, THIS THRED IS A GREAT REMINDER DONT SWEAT THE SMALL THINGS AND ENJOY EM WHILE YOU HAVE EM, WISH YOU WELL :cathug:
SPECIAL THANKS GP,OJD,REZ,BOG
RIP DR JAY

Killerzeit

I feel for ya, too. It's always hard losing a best friend. It's such a lifestyle change and it never gets easier. Just remember they all went over the rainbow bridge and they are in kitty heaven doing the things they love most.

I just adopted another kitten in June. She was born April 1st and I thought to myself why would I get another pal when I'm going to be devastated 15 years down the road? You just have to remember all the good times. Such is life...

Nicoli

Veteran
Sorry to hear about your kittys.

Once you get a few new kittens you'll feel a lot better! :D Always helped me!

someotherguy

Veteran
high man, thought i'd post up some pics of my cats to maybe cheer you up.

Frankie and Archie calmly chillin' together.

Archie decides he wants the green basket.

Archie, celegrating his victory, lol,

and a couple more of Archie, he likes to find small places to tuck himself into, lol.

peace, SOG

btw, while they both look similar they are unrelated by blood and Archie is twice the size of Frankie, lol, he's about 3 times the size of a mexican chiuaua, i know that isn't spelled right but you get the idea i hope, lol.

THC123

Veteran
I'm sorry for you bobcat , my cat is also very sick with cat leukemia , only has a few months left , maybe less he is 11 years old , had to get antibiotics again 4 days ago when he stopped eating , now he is better for a while

here he is in better times taking a piss on the toilet http://www.myvideo.be/watch/7463817

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Love your kitties everyday....every second with a cat is a blessing. I have 5 boys with PoopyTeaBags, they're my babies. We give them an awesome life and that's all I can do until it's time for them to go. Pictures, pictures, pictures.....we always have a camera laying by the desk to catch cute, funny moments.

For those of you that lost your little friends, my heart breaks for you.... when you heal, rescue another one in honor of your gone, but not forgotten buddy.

An animal's spirit lives with us forever.

bobcat1963

Parker Schnobel
Veteran
Thanks for all the kind words everyone they are greatly appreciated.It has been a little less than five weeks since the passing of my last cat,and I am thinking it is time to start looking for a new addition.The loss of companionship hurts the most.Wish me luck on my quest,and I will post pics if/when I find one who wants me.:):)

With the attitude of wanting to find a kitty who wants to be with you, I KNOW you will find an awesome kitty very soon. Most likely one will come find you, but your local petsmart, spca, or animal control would be a great place to visit. :)

Sleepy

Veteran
So Sorry to Hear...

So Sorry to Hear...

so sad to lose so many friends.

we lost 3 in 6 months last year. it really hurt.

they are a big part of the family and will be sorely missed.

it does not get easy...just part of life.

my condolences.

:cathug:

meow.

Latest posts

Latest posts