What's new

Catpiss IBL

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
^^ do u plan on making more ?

Catpiss has been on my radar forever ..this strain is so unique once u smoke real catpiss u can't never forget the taste and smell ..

Also there's 2 catpiss that seem to be out there NORCAL & SOACAL ..ur catpiss seems to be diffrent from those ..and ur seems like a pretty old version ..although they say it's a strains from the 80s ..but I'd like to see more pics and info from u

Edit : I read that it's supposed to be a skunk from the 80s

Last edited:

Frogmann

I do indeed

There was talk back in the day whether it came from cali or not..nothing definitive though. Just some old dude who grew from seed stock outdoors and called it catpiss. He grew catpiss and monkey paw. Catpiss was a more uplifting indica, while monkey paw was narcotic as hell. Seeds were kept of both. Catpiss was often seeded pretty heavy, while the moneky paw had few if any depending on the batch we got. The catpiss germinated while the monkey paw did not. Given techniques were pretty crude back then. The monkey paw was sometimes nicknamed "herb burger" for the bbq meat smell it often had. Catpiss always kept its name because of the ammonia type smell.

Couple more pics:

Attachments

• Catpiss (Indica A Pheno 70days) 01.jpg
    Catpiss (Indica A Pheno 70days) 01.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Catpiss (magenta pheno) 03.jpg
    Catpiss (magenta pheno) 03.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 7

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I do indeed

There was talk back in the day whether it came from cali or not..nothing definitive though. Just some old dude who grew from seed stock outdoors and called it catpiss. He grew catpiss and monkey paw. Catpiss was a more uplifting indica, while monkey paw was narcotic as hell. Seeds were kept of both. Catpiss was often seeded pretty heavy, while the moneky paw had few if any depending on the batch we got. The catpiss germinated while the monkey paw did not. Given techniques were pretty crude back then. The monkey paw was sometimes nicknamed "herb burger" for the bbq meat smell it often had. Catpiss always kept its name because of the ammonia type smell.

Couple more pics:

Those magenta pistils are nice also ..I'v heard people on this board talk about monkey paw ..I think there's a thread on it somewhere ..it's supposed to be kind of reveried ..somebody will chime in

Those leaves look kinda funky ..reminds me when I revege

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Catpiss is definately I strain i've wanted to try for many years. Somehow I seem to miss it everytime it comes around here. Would be nice to get ahold of some IBL beans or at least several Bxs of the CP. Most of the time its always described as having a sativa effect when it does pop in town.

Hey frogman, any chance once you get settled in here that you may put some Catpiss IBL on the bay? How bout some Monkey Paw beans? Been looking for these 2 for some time. Glad to hear someone has beans of them. Take care 1

Frogmann

I have a very full plate of strains I'm running through atm. But, I will try my best to make a fresh batch for the server fund by summer time.

Attachments

• Catpiss (Indica A Pheno 70days) 04.jpg
    Catpiss (Indica A Pheno 70days) 04.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Catpiss (magenta pheno) 05.jpg
    Catpiss (magenta pheno) 05.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 10

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
agreed. there is definitely a large demand for these genes.

..i used to know a dude who grew only catpiss and hells bells, both old strains, supposively him and his buddies had been holding onto the cuts for quite a long time. last i heard he got popped from a "wrong address" on a search warrant. oops. i gaurantee his buddies still hold the cut. and from how i remember it, she was definitely sativa in structure (the buds atleast) .. i seem to remember them being a little airy-ish, but wow just a god awful amonia smell. damn now that i think about it.. he gave this cut to my buddy for his first grow, lol, needless to say the cut didnt stay around lol.

but ya, im rambling, IBL's of this would be great.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Frogmann, I will keep an eye out for those. Think you can give a heads up in this thread if you do make some more stock to send in? CP and MP beans are gonna be something I bet quite a bit of people will be on the hunt for when they pop up. Looks like this year will be 1 to try to collect a large variety of new strains to expand my genetic library, hope all goes well. Take care 1

Frogmann

The original Monkey Paw seeds never germinated back then. They were probably permature .. but, like I said the germination methods were pretty crude back then.

The Catpiss we'd get was often pretty well seeded. They germinated and inbred lines were made accordingly. It lasted the test of time because of its unique traits and the cannabinoid profile was well loved by heavy smokers.

I will give a heads up, but it will probably be after the summer solstice. Working on other things atm and don't want to risk pollinating other projects.

Attachments

• Catpiss (Indica A Pheno 70days) 02.jpg
    Catpiss (Indica A Pheno 70days) 02.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Catpiss (magenta pheno) 04.jpg
    Catpiss (magenta pheno) 04.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 7