What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Catching mice

Smokerman

Veteran
Anybody have a way of catching mice? I hate the friggin things. I put traps which seemed to work at first, now the little pricks just eat the bait without setting them off.
And I don’t want to use glue traps because I think it’s cruel.
I caught one in a glue trap the other day and he screamed til he couldn’t scream anymore, not to mention they don’t give up. The little prick ripped half it’s side off and was still trying when I tossed him in the garbage.

troutman

Seed Whore
I have a minnow trap and have caught 2 mice at the same time in it.
I took them for a walk and released them far away from my place.
I just set it in a dark corner with a slice of bread inside and covered
the top to make it dark like a cave. Mice will eventually get caught.

Maybe, get a cat. :cathug:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Get you a 5-gallon bucket and drill you two holes at the top of the bucket. Put a wooden rod dowel as we use for stakes to hold plants up. Put the wooden rod in the holes and make sure it spins loosely. The rod will cross the top of the bucket. Put a glob of peanut butter on the middle of the wooden rod. When a rat goes for the peanut butter the rod spins and he falls into the bucket and can't get out. Take the bucket with the mouse somewhere else and reload. It works every time. 😎

buzzmobile

Veteran
What are you using for bait in the traps? Peanut butter works well. Raw bacon tied with thread to the trigger also works.
There are 'humane rodent traps' for live release..
1658831151570.png