What's new

Catching another grower in my area.

djonkoman

Veteran
my ID has the address I lived in when I got it

I have moved 3 times since then
surprised your ID has an adress on it... mine doesn't, it just has the city I was born on it and the municipality where the ID was given out(wich is the muncipality where I live)

oldhaole

Veteran
This is a recipe for disaster. Now things are cool, but wait until they get close to harvest. You will have everybody racing each other to harvest first. Not to mention you don't know this guy from Adam.

On many more than one occasion I have found plants planted before I got into working the area. Time to pack up, clean up and get the hell out of Dodge. If my plants are there and some idiot plants right on top of me I'll dig out my plants and move them. If I'm there first I'll destroy any other plants I find. If I'm there second I leave everything alone and find a different spot.

A few times I've found a lot of seeds because some moron did not pull all his males or missed a fag. That's a pisser. Search upwind til your blue.

This is a trip you do by yourself. Not with some random just met partner.

gurnt

If I am in the woods and some push me for my I D. there be only 1 set of shoes leaven the woods >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> oh yeah I mean I take his shoes yeah that what I meant
You see I said pushed have land in Rough and Ready Ca South side of the hill 340 arc. 5 big springs ever year
i have to remove fish hooks at eye level wood with nails strait up junk old camps gas dump on the ground dead deer ect......... and I can't even grow on my own land. It a long walk with no shoes

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Just gonna rant for a minute....

All this talk of "I'll get their ID," "I'll get their info," etc. hits me as a little bit of crazy talk.

If someone else catches me in the woods near my plot, whether they claim to be a grower or not, I'm sure as hell NOT telling them who I am, let alone, giving them a document that proves it. I guess giving them an ID would be hard because I don't even take identifying shit like that, a wallet, a phone, etc. anywhere remotely near my plot. that's just asking to get found out because you dropped your stuff in the woods, at the very least.

If you walk up to me and demand to know what I'm doing, I'm already thinking in my head that you're either a cop or an asshole.

All this tough guy attitude shit is funny too. Unless you're carrying iron into the woods with you, you're not gonna do anything to most people. If that person you threatened isn't 6ft down before you walk away, it's gonna be a much bigger problem for you than if you had just walked by and exchanged a hello.

A lot of you also seem to think that harvesting 'just a little' of someone else's crop is cool, or that its cool to destroy other people's plants because either you want that spot for yourself or you somehow deem the spot as putting yours at risk or too amateur. These are both just as bad as ripping except that with the second one, you at least didn't make the guy work all through the season just to see his hard earned crop disappear. I bet your first few crops weren't the stealthiest things either, and you may have even once or twice accidentally planted in the same area as someone else.

On the topic of the thread, I hope this venture works out for you. Maybe you've gotten lucky in finding a first partner, who you don't know anything about, who's not gonna screw you over, on purpose or accidentally, in some way. Could mean bigger harvest and stuff.

Personally, I would have left the original spot and found 2 more spots to use instead of continuing to throw all my eggs in one basket where this one guy knows where ALL your plants are.

Partners go out to bars get drunk, and peacock around to impress the women and their friends, bring friends to grow spots to show off how cool they are, and a list of other stupid stuff. And this is just the stuff they do when they're not personally ripping your shit because they think they earned it more than you or whatever other bs reasoning they use.

/rant

Last edited:

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ran into a prick once, thought he owned the forest, said go and grow your pot somewhere else. By doing that he might as well have told me that he had plots in the area.
Didn't take me long to find them and I can assure you they didn't last long.

thats cop talk bro, or that of a ripper... and either way your a pig.

go take a dirt nap

M

Merrywanna

I found this guy in my area not my spot. 2 different things. OK he was within 200 meters of it but there is no trail until your within 5-6 meters of it. At this point I am more worried about the 3rd party. I got multiple spots in this area. Hopefully this 3rd party is not someone with male plants. If I had to do over I would do exactly what I did.
The guy is also a member here so I have forwarded the link of this thread to him.
MW

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And this is why we just love you here Nog. Maybe you should have respected his being there first and moved your shit.

Maybe we should start a contest to pick out your next name. This one ain't gonna last long I'll bet.

picture.php

No Me Ves

Originally Posted by paladin420
And this is why we just love you here Nog. Maybe you should have respected his being there first and moved your shit.

His spot was over a mile from mine, you fool. It's not like I was growing right next to him.
And he was an asshole for thinking he owned the forest; no-one owns the forest, anyone can grow there. Of course common courtesy dictates that you don't grow right next to someone else but in my case he was over a mile away.
If someone is an asshole like that then it's ok to rip their plants.
It's called Karma. He was a bad person so he got a bad result.
And by the way, if I found some plants growing near one of my spots I probably wouldn't rip them; I would live and let live. And who knows, they might have already found my spot and are doing the same thing; don't steal my plants and I wont steal yours. But if I pulled up their plants then they might come and pull up mine.

I always have mixed feelings when discovering someone else's spots.
This year alone I've found 3 spots. Two of them are run by total amateurs, one has 2 plants one has 4 but they do not seem to have bright future ahead of them.
Other spot is bigger, has about 20 plants in it and further 20 waiting in pots.

The latter doesn't concern me as it is far away from my spot. I might go there in fall to harvest some buds, but not all of it. I am not that evil.

The first two, noob-spots, are my concern as both of them are in radius of 100m / 300 feet from my spot with 15 plants in it.
I am considering printing out 3 labels saying "The Police has been informed about this grow" and place it on all 3 spots, including mine. I think it might be enough to scare those kids (I suppose) away..

ASSFACE!!!

No Me Ves

The latter doesn't concern me as it is far away from my spot. I might go there in fall to harvest some buds, but not all of it. I am not that evil.

I guess that you wont mind then if they harvest some of your buds, but not all of them?
After all if you think that it's ok for you to steal some of their buds then you will be all right with them helping themselves to some of yours? Wont you?

G

guest845704

Looks like very comon area which means it will brake anyway. I will be very unhappy growing there, allways thinking that like you said 3rd person or even crew is involved. Harvest your plants this year, if it still possible and run away:D to better place. I will do that. There is also option that the area is so huge that there is no point to favour each other, just plant and grow and enjoy:D like in paradise:D hehe

M

MrSterling

Lots of assholes with big masculine machismo in this thread. Talking about murdering other growers you run into in the woods? What is this shit? Embarrassing, and a terrible image to project to LEO reading any of it.

badmf

Good Luck Merrywanna. I turned 60 last week and i still grow outside. I planted my first seeds in the spring 1971. I have had a crop outside nearly every year since. In all of those times i have only let two different people share a grow. These were men i was raised with and shared many a good times together. People i trusted. Both ripped our smoke. It has been 25 years since i had a grow partner and i know i won't have another . Take your loss. Get a new grow by yourself. Good luck with your grow.

I never let naayone know where, had a partner years ago and yes plants went missing, it may it may not have been him but none lost since going solo. :woohoo: more work and less risk is the way to go. You may need a new area as it seems this one is too popular! BTW I wouldn't have said a thing, but maybe recorded his plate if I get mine disturbed. I have seen many folks I thought were growing over the years esp Topanga/malibu area so I left, no need to fight the odds. I want a farm myself tired of the distance and the sneaking around. Maybe maybe.

thaicat

I'd be planting as many other plots as I could, in other places.

I learned my lesson last year. Had been growing a spot for a few years with no problems. Last year, I came across trails mid-way through the season. My plants were too big to move so I just went through with it and hoped for the best. The trails got bigger and bigger and so I followed one to see where it led. Amazingly, it led straight to their plot.

Rather than steal them or wait to ambush the other guy, I watered his plants when they were dry and even mulched them. Last thing on my mind was ripping. Low and behold half of my plants were ripped, invariably by the other guy and about 6 weeks early.

I had fooled myself into thinking karmatic auro would ''protect'' me and my plot. I was vastly wrong. I'd jump ship and plant as many plots as you can in other locations.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
if your outdoor is something you depend on then you better be the only one to know about it unless you have a crew working for you in Nor Cal

Do you give people your ATM pin #?

Mr Jay

Veteran
Ugh, can you all shut up about the macho/violent bullshit? None of you are gonna do anything of the sort and you know it. Now quit beating your chest.

badmf

Ugh, can you all shut up about the macho/violent bullshit? None of you are gonna do anything of the sort and you know it. Now quit beating your chest.

Where is this coming from? A lotta folks said do something violent to someone? Place trail markers etc to know if someone is going down your path. Trail cam? I use Dakota Alert motion detector works for miles and if anyone crosses the path I will now early enough to camo my works.

Ajunta Pall

There are a lotta badasses in this thread, but I'm the baddest ass of them all! This morning walking through the forest I killed six wookies, now the brown shag carpet in the foyer is complete. And I have some new hairy undies to boot. All would be well except for the fucking fleas. Wookies have em ya know. The proper ones just dont scratch em in public.

Latest posts

Latest posts