What's new

Catapillers are destroying my crop! Help please!

Medved

well i have some caterpillars in my indoor garden. It looks like that they love sativas. I looks like that i brin some caterpillars with my outdoor budy, when i dry them in the same room as my sativas grows. Well here are some pictures of them, and some pics from the damage also

first a stem from the original haze (flying dutchman)

untuched bud

and after caterpillars

and some caterpillars

well the best thing to do is to remove them, but they have safety color, so it's very hard to see them.

Hope I help somebody, and have everybody nice day
:joint: :joint:

Last edited:

Skipload

Before lights out bomb with pyrethrium. Repeat as needed. Smash as many as possible.
This year there where loopers in ventura and los angeles counties as far as I've been told.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I am in Riverside County, and I have been battling these bastards for the last 3 years!! Bt works great, but you have to reapply every few days-- I had them bad a few weeks ago, and all I am finding now are shriveled up dead ones--
DO NOT STORE YOUR BT OUTSIDE!! It is very heat sensitive!!
I also have 15 large plants, and hand picking helps...it is impossible to get them all that way, you would destroy all your buds pulling them apart, as the bastards hide very well down deep in them!!

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Limeygreen said:
Instead of chemicals you should be looking at bt (Bacillus Thurengensis) it's a bacteria that kills catapillers but is safe for humans. I don't know how late you can use in flowering you can use it though. Also if they start eating the buds, cut out the sections they have eaten to avoid molds or other dieseases.
Do you know if it is loopers, bud worm, corn borer or another catapiller?

I got some Bacillus Thurengensis from productos flower http://www.productosflower.com/ and was also wondering if it is safe to spray on plants with a month to go. Maybe a "test branch" would be a good idea ?

Also considering nighttime moth nets, while waiting up for robbers at night, you would not believe how many of the bastardos are constantly coming and going.[moths, not robbers.....]

snoogans

use nature!

use nature!

Cannasuer said:
Thank you, and no I havent tried predators. What bugs could I order that will go after catapillers and do a good enuff job because almost every cola is infested with big 1s lil 1s So I appreciate the help.

Try these guys. They breed them on-site. Somebody asked indo/outdo? I'm not sure what you have unless they are actual caterpillars that turn into butterflies?? Please dont spray any chemicals on them... ever.

http://www.hydro-gardens.com/ipm.htm

They will next-day them. You will probably have to get some Mantis or a Garden Pack.

Random Replies...

Regardless of personal opinion, smoking while pregnant is a personal choice. Some women swear by occasional use. I have NEVER seen a child messed up by infrequent Mj use.

No, I am not from CA.

You are right, if he is a Care-giver he should never, ever spray pesticide of any kind. There are people with serious illnesses that could die, not to mention babies.