What's new

cars

M

movingtocally

How long do you run them? Till they break? Ever break 200K miles without a major repair? What kinda car was it?

GaryNuman.jpg

U

uncle_shorty

toyotas will run for ever i gotta 94 camry way over 200000 no majors

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I was lurking through the local wrecking yard the other day for a toyota part. They had all of the cars arranged by make and the toyota section was the smallest by far. I had a 1985 Supra that I put over 200k on without any mechanical failure, sold it to a friend that is still racking up the milage on it.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Had a chevy caprice that was getting close to 400,000 miles. A pulley broke and I didnt feel like fixing it so I gave it to a friend who took her a demolition derby for one last yee haw..

R03

Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.

Cheap readily available parts if something does break, very simple, v8, rear drive, live axle, body on frame, heavy duty everything. Just change the oil and they go forever.

If you mess up and brake something there are tons everywhere in the yards, and parts are dirt cheap.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I had an 88 Camaro 2.8 289K miles when traded it in. rarley changed the oil it ran out the rear main as an aout oil change. one clutch and that was it. With out a doubt if you figured how much it cost to run and own for 17 years I made out on the dollar spent per mile.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.

Cheap readily available parts if something does break, very simple, v8, rear drive, live axle, body on frame, heavy duty everything. Just change the oil and they go forever.

If you mess up and brake something there are tons everywhere in the yards, and parts are dirt cheap.

Tint the windows, and get a bump bar, and spot light....

Voila, no more getting pulled over.