What's new

Cars anyone?

A-phorm

I know there has to be some people here that love cars. I was thinking maybe we could post the cars we drive or, would like to drive/work on, any projects, and so on. You can post a pic if you want. I'm not going to post any pics of my "actual" cars just because I'm paranoid:joint:. So post up people let's see what you run!

Copy and paste if you want

Year:
Make:
Model:
engine:
Modifications:

I've got a little project I'm working on right now. There are some problems with starter, and I need to swap the heads and put on a new carb. She Had a fresh paint job in Chevy Red, about 5 years ago, but hasn't seen the road since.

Year: 1963
Make: Ford
Model: Fairlane 2door
Engine: Original 260ci v8
Modifications:Stock, except for the paint.

A-phorm

Here is what The car COULD look like. I would however remove the chrome from the rear pillars, the sides, and the front fenders to give it a more custom look. I also would like to put in a 289 or 302 with some hi-po heads and a 650 cfm 4bbl carb, with a street/strip cam....:bow: take a look....

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 33

madrecinco

Veteran
I am getting a P.U.M.A. as soon as it comes out. I will rent a bigger car if I distance travel. I can't wait to get my PUMA though.

A-phorm

Randude- that there is a '63, you can tell that because it still has the on the rear. The next year, 1964, Ford got rid of the fins and I believe that is also the hear that Ford started to make the Thunderbolts sport coupes. These came with hi-po 427 two 4bbl carbs and ram air. THOSE were hot cars!

Attachments

• Ford_Thunderbolt_front_quarter.jpg
    Ford_Thunderbolt_front_quarter.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 30

NOKUY

Veteran
i drive a 2007 toyota fj

this pic isnt mine (i wouldent post mine for obvious reasons)...but very similar.

ive had mine a little over a year and love it....no real issues w/ it

(when it's hot out and in idle w/ the clutch not depressed it chirps a bit)...been told thats pretty common tho, and has to do w/ the throwout bearing, and that replacing it or even replacing the clutch wont really fix it, but if i complain, toyota will replace it for free, but like i said it will come back...its no problem just a minor annoyance.

also mine is getting a 3" lift next week...(already rollin 33" BFG mudders)...and i'm strongly considering the roof tent by www.autohomeus.com ...thats why i chose this pic.

autoshow-1.jpg

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
:laughing: dude NOKUY the fj is exactly the vehicle i'd picture you in, that's awesome. what a cool truck

this is ours:

Front2.jpg

ArcticBlast

fsaebud

Year: 1993
Make: Nissan
Model:240sx
engine:2.4 liter DOHC 4 banger (KA24DE)
Modifications: mostly suspension, megan racing coilovers, polyurthane bushings all around, ajustable upper rear control arms, a rear subframe with lsd out of the 180sx from japan land it comes with bigger half shafts and swaybar. 300zx front 4 piston caliper brakes with sloted rotors stops on a dime.

Future Modifications: i need a new shell mine is beat up looking for a clean shell. eventually turbocharge the KA and build the motor for boost (lower compresion pistons stronger connecting rods). i want to push 300-350 with a mid size turbo not to much lag but still get that top end power.

i love my car but its a definate beater cosmeticly. i like to drift especally when it rains (saves tires :wink:) and i go to a couple of events we have around here locally to get some seat time with out the hassle of the 5-0.

Kizzattack

I absolutely love the Ariel Atom. One of the fastest accelerating cars around, and soon they're releasing a 500 bhp, 500kg version which, considering the current 300 bhp version has achieved sub 3 second 0-60 times, should be an extremely fast car.

Edit: Here's the Youtube video of Jeremy Clarkson having his face rearranged by this car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
SubaruWRX , wont mention the year but its bout 3 yrs old =D
Mods include : 17" rota wheels, faulken tires(good ones), Catback, Short Shifter, Prodrive lowering springs(should got the STI "Pinks" for a lower ride ht), recently put some yellow EUROLITE bulbs in my fog lights but one of em died i shoulda got the PIAA isntead, unless a screw came loose, Cobb Downpipe heat shield, K&N box air filter replacement(i plan to add a short ram intake from COBB, and a COBB bellmouth catless downpipe(it aint cheap) and then get the COB AP2, and FLASH my ECU to stage 2! ), my shits legally tinted, recently got slotted rotors and some hawk HPS pads for the front that i need to install already(been sitting in my closet for 2 months)
As soon as i get the downpipe and access port 2 i can flash to stage two and ill get a whopping 30 BHP + to what it has stockto the wheels (200 AWD BHP) ill probably be very happy for a while and then decide to upgrade the turbo(18G), intercooler( Huge Perrin stealth black FMIC with methanol injection) and larger injectors..etc..etc. The AP2.0 is cool its got lotsa features and allows you to tune to a specific set(for your specific turbo, etc, gas you use etc) up with a software called street tune? i think is what its called...check it out its pretty cool COBB tuning is now doing many different manufacturers and they make a great CHIP!!!www.cobbtuning.com, its realy the nicest chip ive found for the subies, if anyone has a better option let me know!
Also got a pioneer dvd/mp3 player(my favorite gadget, has a remote and i can put up to 12 albums on a dvd!), i dont plan on doing anything else for stereo, im not big on 'systems' or 'bass', at best id get an 8" tube and replace the stock speakers with pioneer gear thats ALL, no 12" subs, no 2k watt amps...i dont want to make my car a heat up...
I installed everything, minus the fog light bulbs and stereo stuff, with a friend of the family who has a very modded out SRT4 - large FMIC with methanol injection, ECU tune(dont know what company he uses), bigger injectors, larger turbo, he beefed up the drive train im not sure how but i know he got a stage 2 clutch, short throw shifter and wheels and good ass falken tires( he burns thru front ones real quick) he kep the stock ride height and i hate that, SRT's look banging dropped low .. anyways his shit has 330 BHP dyno'd but thats if he has new tires most of the time he doesnt , but even when he does have tires that cars a bitch to grip! ..
mauhahah AWD BABY!!!

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Most of you would laugh yourselves silly from the cockpit of your massive, impressive American machinery, when you saw me driving past in my little euro hatchback/compact!

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
Year: 1986
Make:Saab
Model: 900 SPG
engine: a 2.1L donation with a hell of a lot of parts to make it fit. I can't being to cataloge the amount of bad ideas under that hood.
Modifications: see above.

Going to actually give this to a friend soon. We've been playing with this car for years, it drives like a dream. Wife wants to find another one but she's been very keen on it being stock. With that "cockpit" glass up front it really is like flying a damn plane hitting that road at 130. I can say with some certainty that I am absolutely not sure of if it goes any faster than that, we have a distinct lack of long stretches of strait road around here.

A-phorm

Nice cars everyone. I'm diggin those imports. I used to have an 91 240sx coupe(s13) with the KA24DE, I sold it for a price I couldn't pass up. Currently though I'm a whore for the Audi's. The old quattro coupes from group b rally, and the new RS4 and S5 are SOOOOO gorgeous! Take a look at the Rieger S5 and the MTM Supercharged RS4.

Attachments

• rie_a5_s5_8b_coupe_front_3quarter_zz02.jpg
    rie_a5_s5_8b_coupe_front_3quarter_zz02.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 0703_ec_01_z+audi_rs4_mtm+front_view.jpg
    0703_ec_01_z+audi_rs4_mtm+front_view.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 33

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
Cars for Pimps

Cars for Pimps

......:yeahthats.....'39 Delahaye...(whatthehaye?)(Boyd Coddington-v10 viper motor, the roof lifts off

Attachments

• 2005BJCCA2_1000_34_T.jpg
    2005BJCCA2_1000_34_T.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 2005BJCCA2_1000_Rear_T.jpg
    2005BJCCA2_1000_Rear_T.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 33

strydr

...and i'm strongly considering the roof tent by www.autohomeus.com ...thats why i chose this pic.

autoshow-1.jpg

Nice choice Nokuy, a buddy of mine has a TRD FJ, and loves it. We drove the mohave trail last year, and one of the other FJ's in our group had that tent. Pretty sweet, but it's heavy. Still, much better than trying to sleep inside the FJ (just too short).

Me, I'm a ford man, at least until I can build my Jeep :)
"06 Ranger FX4
4.0 V6
awaiting a DBR long travel kit :)

Here's a shot from the Mohave trail FJ cruise

Latest posts

Latest posts