What's new

Carrying Water Guerrilla Style (idea)

Panoramical

some thought provoking ideas here, i'm liking the bladder idea the best since it will form the shape of the rucksack it's in, therefore more space efficient. although can you get 40-60 litre bladders?

my two cents;

i can easily fit four 5 litre water bottles in my deuter quantum. I can prob fit 5 in if I needed to, but 4 (20 litres/ 5 gallons) is plenty for my needs.

I then have a spare cap/lid for the bottles, with loads of tiny holes drilled through the top, which works like a watering can.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
First? I thought I was freakin nuts! A cliff? shit man. any thought about a new location? I always was movin!! You will want bladders,and a frame to your pack.Can you rework some of the stone/ground as a res? Stuff called Terra sorb? polymer absorbes/stores water? And of course Darkness Covers All!! Just dont get lost while you are carrying that pack plus A large tote full of big baby gurls. X Guerilla (allegedly) I was really never there.

R

rick shaw

use tarps under thick brush to use as a rain collector. under thick brush a camo tarp would be hard to see from an air plane or helicoptor. just a thought.
Bury a couple of water beds up there and catch the spring rain.

hamstring

Veteran
Do a search on the below. That pack your using may work but there are things made for this. something that wont screw your back up. I promise you money well spent. Oh yeah and some coco in the bottoms of the holes may help/

Kelty Cache Hauler (Frame Only)

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Coco seemed to draw racoons.Never a good outcome.Bury that type of thing in the fall or very early. I mounted straps to a large plastic trash can, 35 gallons I think.very handy for large clones,tools,wire mesh (to stop digging creatures) etc. good luck

M

madback

water_in_bags.jpg

I like these.. swallMart $0.30