What's new

Carniverous Plants~

Wildlifer69

Any growers of CP's out there ?

Theres some really "weird" plants in this group ~ and most thrive under HID's .

Pitcher Plants are my favorite ~ Thier just so damn cool.....

Last edited:
G

pitchers are awsome!!! Was thinking of putting some VFtraps around the house

Wildlifer69

Fly Traps aren't as efficient as you'd think ~ they don't eat all that much!

One of the "Sticky" type CP's might be better :dance:

E

EatShitake

Are there any CP's that love whiteflies, the bane of my growroom's existence?

Kenny Lingus

Got some sundews (2 kinds and bunch of spawns/seedlings) and 1 nepenthes/tropical pitcher plants. (Sadly I only have them at the windowsill, but in wintertime they go under tube-lights/etc...)

They're not to effective for capturing pests, but very pretty plants I think...

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i keep a cobra pitcher my brethren gave me.. needs a repot ,, feed it only rain water,, and it likes snow placed on the top moss in winter,, eats wasps :D

n.b. the wasps were pollinating the gourds this year so they are now garden friends not foes :friends:

rootfingers

My venus fly traps always die, but I had dream last night that one come back and was thriving in my veg room. It was feasting on fungus gnats.

Other then weed, I grow CP very succesfully

Been keeping my VFTs for 3 years now, love my claytons red sunset and B52(Biggest Trap Variety) along with my sundews (D.Capensis and D.fillimoris)

Ive only had my Sarracenia for 1 year (S.Dana Delight and S.Luceo)

RubbaDub

Are there any carnivorous plants that would be good for reducing fungus gnats? Been thinking of trying them, but not sure which species would work for that.

RubbaDub said:
Are there any carnivorous plants that would be good for reducing fungus gnats? Been thinking of trying them, but not sure which species would work for that.

Any Drosera would work, the best would be D.Capensis and drosera filiformis

Weedninja

RubbaDub said:
I was thinking about trying Butterworts for fungus gnats. I agree with ^^.

Latest posts

Latest posts