What's new

Caregivers?

vwgtiron

I also wanted to point out that I do not believe that Maine has any idea what they are testing for and would be hard pressed to be able to identify even the largest of contaminates in medical marijuana tests. I have talked with the person in charge of putting together their testing program for organics. And WTF they base their standards on OMRI? Here is another paycheck waiting to happen.

vwgtiron

Thank you for the help.
AHHHH they are lined up at the door .
I just want to be a caregiver to the legal now

048-1-2-1.jpg

this was 30 days a go lets just say a weeeeeeeeeeeee bit biger now :tiphat:.I have fallen in love growing this plant with organics and the science behind it,right down to the breaking out the microscope to see if the compost tea is right.And making my own worm castings by the 55 gallon drum and breading my own bacteria strains for soil.Its like growing a prize fighter.Good meds is what I think I have :laughing:
I didnt want to sound like I was bagging on you the ladies are truly impressive and a testament to your soil knowledge and skill.

E

emerald city

044-3-2-1-1-1.jpg

This is the BIG one 9 feet by 10 feet
Barney farms LSD its a girl and they are all like 75% indinca
the other pick the one on the left is a barney farms sweet tooth
the one on the right GHS WW.
Again all like 75% indinca all girls.
And on the organics they can tell.Its alot of science to it but as you no the fungi and bact greak the food down for the plant and they take it up in a way that was ment for them,(by being broke down by fungi and bact).The plant works togeather with the soil life and BANGOOOOO.The other stuff is kinda like living on fast food not the way it should be .Thats just me.OH and not one bug bite on my plants no molds or fungis nota Bullet prof becouse of organics and runing a brix level of 15 need a level of 12 to have that happen .The other nuts almost never see a brix of 5.That say bugs and any thing out there come kill me take me out of the pool so I dont pass on my gens.The big lsd went from 12 inches to that size in like 35 days in the ground june 10 pick was july 15 I think.Not so sure about this. 'chemicals', organic growing uses compounds containing carbon, the basic building block for ALL living things.

Organic gardening also means that in well maintained soil, there are millions and millions of micro organisms that form a symbiotic relationship with the plants, meaning the plants supply sugars to the microbes and they in turn breakdown food, or 'nutes', in the soill and make them available to the plants. Many chemical ferts , if applied too liberally, can be detrimental to these microbes.

One of the main differences between feeding plants using chemical nutrients and feeding the microbes in the soil, is that when the microbes breakdown and eat the stuff in the soil or the nutes that you've watered in, they 'immobilize' the food, making it impossible for the nutes to drain or flush out of the soil.

When feeding plants in a sterile media, using chemical chelated nutrients, there is nothing to immobilize the food. Meaning that nutrients are only available shortly after watering. This means that you have to fertilize more often, depositing salts into the media that must be flushed out more often to prevent toxic build-up.

Also, all the chemical 'runoff' is probably going down the drain and into the local river systems, contributing to the myriad pollution problems we already have.

Considering most people on this forum are building their own soil that is essentially a water only mix, that makes it a less complicated process than measuring out correct doses of chemicals that must be ph balanced and have the proper EC and and just the right TDS blah blah blah.......

As far as the same nutrients being available........ well that's just not true. Do you think that a meal from McDonald's is just as healthy as a home cooked meal with fresh veggies ? ........

Bat guano, or Bat shit as you so eloquently put it, does not on its own improve taste in bud. It is a natural fertilizer that also contains beneficial bacteria like composts and worm castings.
Again this is just me .Again Im just trying to offer the best meds I could offer to some one who it could help and this is the way im doing it I would take any help I can get to start down this path.
Your plants look awesome,good job.Im immpressed...My only point was, What works outdoors in nature really cant be duplicated in a closed enviroment......hard to keep a [somewhat] sterile work area clean when dealing with bacteria/fungi etc...never mind figuring the break down time for the organic nute to become available...general hydroponic's all the way,420ppm continuos feed,ph'ed to start[my water climbs due to alk]at 5.8....I like to run by the numbers and stay outa the woods.,...pleasant day to all....E.C/out

Onthepoint

I have to side with Maina, organics! Growing is as much art as it is science. I dare any chemical nute user to sniff their batch of tea and say it is ready! Maina can appreciate that guano + molasses scent as much as he can the scent of the girls' flowering. There are many good reasons to use chemicals;they are precise, quick, less hassle, easier to work with, produce consistent results, etc. If I were a commercial grower, chemicals would be the answer.

An organic grower has to love growing organically or it just will not work. I would dare to say organic growers spend 50% more time working with their crop than non-organic. Not necessarily tending the crop but working for it. When we have an "issue", it isn't so easy as reaching for something off the shelf, well except for garlic. Our "cures" sometimes take days for any effects while chemical users may see instant results. We don't just "mix & pour", we plan days in advance. It isn't always easy and too much can go wrong, but I wouldn't do it any other way.

It's a personal preference without question, both have their merits, both have their drawbacks.

Maina, I found at least 10 caregivers in Maine by using google. Craigslist had another 5 or 6. If I were a registered caregiver, I would have both a website for google to find and run a few Craigslist ads. My own education shows that there are way more patients looking for a good caregiver than there are good caregivers. If you look in the Maine forum here at IC, the new State regulations are posted in a link.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

emerald city

onthepoint;
Ive done the coop exten master gardener class,worked in a greenhouses, own a small farm and made a living off the land [self employed] for the last 13 years..I hear what your saying but for me to jump through the hoops to become "organicly certified" from dept of agriculture isnt cost effective and [imho] wont give me a better end product....I believe in the intergrated pest managment theory,or useing the least intrusive method needed but farming is such a pita that ill take all the help from modern science i can get......Ive grown pryrithium daisies,but to use them naturaly, by the time i make a tea and see if it works my garden would be gone..Lot easier and less time to use say AVID on mites and be responsible with the products use......
pleasure to joust with yah....E.C

Maina

Veteran
Maina I would like to offer you a job however it would require that you stop guerrilla growing. This is a problem when becoming legal. There has to be a line drawn somewhere. If you had 5 patients and where a patient yourself the most you could harvest would be 15.5 oz per 15 day period. And that is if all your patients continually took the max. I believe you would be over that. LOL Seriously though you would be giving away a lot of free stuff to other caregivers or the dispensary or finally the police.......
Lets say i did stop the guerrilla growing ! I would want to stay organic.And I can have my plants eating my soil mix in two weeks of cooking and never have to do a thing to it again except water them.So i do have control.And yes its not about money I make good money.I wanted a challenge and I did what others said I couldnt do.But I fell in love:jump: with organics and growing this plant.

E

emerald city

My quest is to be able to teach anyone at any level, to be able to grow thier own medicine[KISS theory].Useing materials that can be found in most area's,Processes and procedures that can be "duplicated in all enviroments" [water quality being the variable].Premier Pro-mix,lime,GH ferts and a hanna ec/ppm tester....plants want to live within certain paremeters ie;ph 5-7 or an EC of .7-4.o[700 ppm-2800 @.7 conversion]...makes it easier to dianosis a problem[useing math] with a test rather then a guess......done...E.C

Maina

Veteran
Well looks like im going down the straight road boys got 2 people and others in line :laughing:

E

emerald city

Nice to see that someone thought in thier wizdom to move this thread to the medicinal area......nice
Maina....you STILL looking for work?
evening all......E.C

mule420

Okay...this is my theory, and how it is I came to my pricing scale.

I asked and surveyed over 100 people on their OUT OF POCKET expense for the current medications via Big Pharma. The average person on disability, social security, medc-are/aide is spending on a monthly basis between $150-300 a MONTH for prescriptions.

If then, a patient is unable to find a consistent supply of TRULY MEDICAL QUALITY cannabis at such a price that reflects the current cost of their Rx medications....

WHO ARE WE TO SAY ANYTHING EVER ABOUT BIG PHARMA. We then become WORSE than they are.

I KNOW first hand cannabis CAN be and IS medicine. I refuse to allow it to be made a hoax and a joke in my state. What this means, is I'll never get rich growing buds. Fine. What it also means, is I am actually benefiting and improving the quality of another's existence. The law was passed on the means and basis of compassion. In my opinion, part of "following the law", includes operating in the basis of which the law was passed.

Eventually, I hope others learn to follow such a model, and realize what their actions are doing not only to the movement, but also to the patients they are taking advantage of.

Onthepoint - Just because someone has a card and grows does not make them a caregiver. I shovel snow, I take out trash, I do miscellaneous chores...shopping and have even cooked meals and stashed them away in the freezer / fridge for later use. The term caregiver does NOT mean you care for the plants. It means you care for the PERSON.

A lot of people have lost sight of this and it is unfortunate. I wish you the best of luck in your search, and don't give up hope. If you shop around, just like when doing any type of consumer/market research...you eventually find what it is that fits your needs.

dank.Frank

God dam Frank I'm not gay, but I think I love you! I charge my patients on disability whatever they can pay, most times I just give them weed... The others I charge $55 a Q $400 a zip... I drive them to DR appointments. Food most just wont eat... So I make them food, make up the extra bed for them when shit gets rough... This is how it should be! Yes I am my brother's and sister's keepers and I hope they are mine... One of my people just made me a cane it's super bad ass! Peace and puffs

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Being a caregiver has been just as much, if not MORE of a blessing and benefit to my own life personally than it probably has for the patients.

Every time I interact with them, I am amazed at how resilient and how determined and essentially how TOUGH these people are in the face of such adversity. (2 of my patients are terminal) It is a great example in my life, and really shows me I have very little to complain about, and have much more than I realize to be thankful for....

It is a shame that others don't dig deeper for such an experience in their own lives. I'm glad to know that someone else is out there caring for the PEOPLE involved, rather than just simply being a person growing some plants for them...

dank.Frank

Last edited:
E

emerald city

Being a caregiver is just has been just as much if not MORE of a blessing and benefit to my own life personally than it probably has for the patients.

Every time I interact with them, I am amazed at how resilient and how determined and essentially how TOUGH these people are in the face of such adversity. (2 of my patients are terminal) It is a great example in my life, and really shows me I have very little to complain about, and have much more than I realize to be thankful for....

It is a shame that others don't dig deeper for such an experience in their own lives. I'm glad to know that someone else is out there caring for the PEOPLE involved, rather than just simply being a person growing some plants for them...

dank.Frank
Good assesment and advise for all of us to live by Frank......Our therory is to offer up a little time/effort of something your either good at, or have an abundance of....A friend of ours is a unemployed seemstress who still finds the time and money to make head scarfs for women who have lost thier hair due to chemo treatment....My wife and i have disabilities to deal with BUT wanted to prove a point so we took over our towns community gardens this season.....Took 12 -4x8 raised beds that hadnt been used in 3 years and turned them into a vegitable factory feeding both a food pantry and a couple elder food programs being run by the center.....Besides time, we spent under 10 dollars for starter seeds .Supplys to revitalize the beds,ferts ect were donated by the local garden center,labor was provided by a small"gang" of teens[therory was ownership of community if they worked the project,rather then mess with it for fun]...We found in the long run we were growing more then veggies[hundreds of pounds] in our garden,we had grown some community spirt without knowing....
Try to give just a little of what you can,to some who genuinely needs it.....We all good at something,Take the time to share an hour with someone in need..
Karma works.....:tiphat: good day to all.....E.C/out

Maina

Veteran
YES always looking for work :tiphat:
My wife is a RN that is out of the Hospital thing and she left becouse people didnt care about the sick.She works soooo hard at what she does the hospital was not happy with her leaving.But If there is any one that I would ever work with its her.She is a paper work monster :laughing:.AND she will be in this very soon.She some times says what will people think.But she is way ok with it.In my Mind the two of us will be very good caregivers.
I will be supplying a other cargiver that is on SSI and he will be giving it away to his people for free.I will have 10 people for pay,he will get his for free and give it to 4 people for free.And Another care giver will do the same he will be giving it away to to people on ssi.He will have his own and have 4 pay and give away to one care giver to give to 4 others for free.Or very close to free.I to some times wonder what people will think.But I also know the science behind it .I have everything now to set up a indoor grow so thats good.Two people are going threw the steps to get there papers from a doctor .They already had scrips for the THC pill shit soo things should go smooth.always looking to help some one!:comfort:

Maina

Veteran
Good assesment and advise for all of us to live by Frank......Our therory is to offer up a little time/effort of something your either good at, or have an abundance of....A friend of ours is a unemployed seemstress who still finds the time and money to make head scarfs for women who have lost thier hair due to chemo treatment....My wife and i have disabilities to deal with BUT wanted to prove a point so we took over our towns community gardens this season.....Took 12 -4x8 raised beds that hadnt been used in 3 years and turned them into a vegitable factory feeding both a food pantry and a couple elder food programs being run by the center.....Besides time, we spent under 10 dollars for starter seeds .Supplys to revitalize the beds,ferts ect were donated by the local garden center,labor was provided by a small"gang" of teens[therory was ownership of community if they worked the project,rather then mess with it for fun]...We found in the long run we were growing more then veggies[hundreds of pounds] in our garden,we had grown some community spirt without knowing....
Try to give just a little of what you can,to some who genuinely needs it.....We all good at something,Take the time to share an hour with someone in need..
Karma works.....:tiphat: good day to all.....E.C/out
Nice to see some one doing good things:tiphat:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my patients get one free ounce every harvest of their choice, and also 1 cup of good oil that will make 4-8 dozen edibles. After that they get ounces for 300 and they are always availabel and the creme of the crop. Without patients I don't exist in this new market here. Karma is real and it always comes back, do to others as you would like to be treated. My commendations to all the caregivers out there that put patients first.

C

CANNATOPIA

I'm a CG & I charge what I charge & my patients & I have no Beefs for all costs are openly discussed between us. Man thats just not right to call all cgs dealers & liars. Saying things like this only makes the good CGs not want to help you. IF a Caregiver could grow pounds of MMJ then they could help johnny on the spot whenever he/she needed their meds, but with many Laws, limits & regulations where I live this is not allowed. Strict Limits on the CGs = Strict limits for the patients. IF the CG grows mainly sativa strains it will be aprox 14 weeks depending on the strain from start of flower to harvest not counting Veg time.Then if you want properly cured buds & don't want to pay for water weight it will be weeks maybe months more till those nugs are ready for set patient. All these factors and more play a part in why most patients are having trouble finding meds quickly. I highly doubt all Cgs are crappy shitty people, & to patients that think this way your probably better off to grow yr own..

E

emerald city

Was is you that got awarded a dispensery?

Was is you that got awarded a dispensery?

I agree E.C., how do you know the bat shit you are buying is sourced from a good place especially coming out of -indonesia, philipines, or mexico need we mention Jamaica? How do you know that the bacteria coming out of these areas are good for U.S. soils? How do I know that the seabird guano I am getting was not harvested from birds that fed on toxic waste? How do I know that the bacteria I am placing on my plants is beneficial to the plant and not harmful to humans? These are a few questions I have for organic farming. To me organic farming means that I have the substances at my disposal and I know how, what from and where they were sourced and rather than purchase nutes I gather them from my living situation. Being organic does not mean that I go to the grow store and purchase OMRI products. It means that I have various kinds of materials available to me that are readily available and to my knowledge environmetally and ecologically safe, and I would be a fool to purchase nutes.

If I am buying nutes I buy chemicals whether they are carbon based or not I care less. I buy what works for me and make sure I water feed at the end causing the plant to burn essential storage during flowering and use up all substances contained within the plant.
I would argue that if I did things organically nutes can be washed out of your containers from a good rain or a flush just as if I was chemically feeding. There has to be run off from somewhere. Also the soil could be chemically laden with high phosphorus and magnesium content and others. Overtime if you were consistently dumping your soil in the same spot you would have an ecological disaster. (just from my thinking I do not have facts to back this up)
Growing organically adds a lot of questions and doesnt answer many for me.
Chemical fertilizers on the other hand are well understood, you can be given an exact breakdown of the fertilizers contents, Let you easily plan fertilizing schedules, offer exact dosages, offer better production over time and this has been proven over and over again. Just because I am growing with chemicals it does not mean that I am changing the genetic sequence of a marijuana plant. I am not messing with nature, and if I do not overfeed I will be left with basically blank soil at the end of the grow.

Sorry this is a soft spot for me
Little off topic but....
vwgtiron,Was that your company that just got awarded a dispensery certification in southern maine?.....Hope so and good luck to ye if it was.....:tiphat:....see you round...E.C

swordfish

As much as things change, they stay the same. With Dr's recommendation in hand, I began calling caregivers. Several are not accepting new patients, one told me the price was $450 for outdoor skunk, $600 for hydro! Another told me that he could only provide about a half a month until his crop came in, sometime in October. I finally made an appointment with one who seemed decent enough, offering Blueberry & AK-47 for $300. It would be three days before he could deliver. So I wait, and wait. Thirty minutes after he was supposed to be here, he calls with car trouble. Can't make it this morning, maybe this afternoon.

Dealers...caregivers = Chronic Liars

Anybody recommend a decent caregiver in Maine?

www.mainescaregivers.com my ounces start at $250.00
I have 5 diffrent strains finishing in the next few weeks. Lemon skunk, lemon haze, bogglegum, church, red dragon. Our company in organised and 90% of them time I have quality medicine available between my harvest. My wife and I run this business with pride and integrity.

E

emerald city

Has anyone started a list of caregiver's,who are taking clients and registered by DHHS? There are a growing list of patients who are looking for help but want to make sure everythings "legal". Hence the concern over the registration status,which all patients,caregivers,dispensaries will have to do to stay compliant,by january 1st....

Latest posts

Latest posts