What's new

Carbon Filter brands!? Vivosun?

bs0

Wondering what the word is these days- I've used Can and Phresh, both worked well but both were spendy. Now I see there are cheaper carbon filters out there (1/4th the cost) and I'm wondering if people had experience with cheaper products like the vivosun.

I have all vortex fans and had been using a shorty 4" for veg and 2-6x24" for flower so this could be a pretty significant savings if these are functional products.
:thank you:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I used a cheap no brand filter once. I was running the filter in the grow closet and exhausting into stovepipe and up and out the chimney. It worked great.

Untill it didn't. About a month later I came home and my whole "block" smelled like the dank.
NEVER AGAIN. EVER

now I buy Phat 24" long that connects to 6" duct.
They last over a year of 24/7 use, sometimes longer.

All that being said I've never tried the vivosun. I can say that I've ran several of their bulbs and was happy. I also was extremely happy with their customer support. I remember once ordering a 600w bulb that only worked for 20 hours straight and then quit. I emailed them and they immediately sent out a replacement that worked normally.

You could always get one and try it out and if it falls, they may refund you if you contact them. But I would grab another fresh or can to have on hand as a backup just in case it fails

How long do the phresh and Canfan filters last?

Fixer

Wondering what the word is these days- I've used Can and Phresh, both worked well but both were spendy. Now I see there are cheaper carbon filters out there (1/4th the cost) and I'm wondering if people had experience with cheaper products like the vivosun.

I have all vortex fans and had been using a shorty 4" for veg and 2-6x24" for flower so this could be a pretty significant savings if these are functional products.

I was buying cheap filters until I tried a quality brand (Phresh and Canna.) I don't think the inexpensive filters are worth the money.

ElGato

Veteran
after trying at least 5-6 different brands of Carbon Filters over the years, Phresh Filters are my #1 with Phat Filters being a close 2nd

if you aren't in a legal state, Filtration is not an area to be cheap imo

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just saw a new one today,I think it was mad by "Greenline"a company out of Canada.

Probably give it a try,running a 14" Max Fan to scrub with it,so there's no cheap way out.Dropping 3 Bill's for one is actually reasonable.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd

Bs0,
Which did you like better? Can or Phresh?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Has anyone ever received a carbon filter thru the mail or FedEx, etc that didn't have a dent on it somewhere?
Lol
Every single one I've ordered had a dent from shipping!

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

I run Vivosun and I have no issues. Replace once a year. Always use a pre-filter :)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone ever received a carbon filter thru the mail or FedEx, etc that didn't have a dent on it somewhere?
Lol

Ive used both. I prefer Can. It seemed to last longer. They are on the spendy side. The Can 100 I ordered online had a dent.

ElGato

Veteran
Lol

I can't recall ever getting one with a dent in it bro

go figure

bs0

Bs0,
Which did you like better? Can or Phresh?

I thought that the two of them were functionally equivilant - though the phresh was a bit smaller and easier to move around. That's kinda what got me asking the question; if those two were about the same, what about the cheaper ones?

Big M

I've been using a 6" AC Infinity filter for about eight months in a 3x3 tent, and it works great. Nothing has gotten by it yet. Arrived intact with no dents, and it was packaged quite well in a box with foam. Came with a pre filter, too.

bs0

It can be done for 1/4 price but it may only last 1/12 as long

But activated carbon is activated carbon, eh? What could the variability be for the same material and volume? Don't get hung up on the price. Be skeptical, yes, but not dismissive. We all know how little actual cost goes into a carbon filter. Lab quality activated carbon in bulk is under $1 a lb. 30lb 6x24" filter has gotta be about $40 in materials, tops.
High grade filters, IMO, rely on the fear imposed by prohibition to end up with 400%+ sales margins.

Latest posts

Latest posts