What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

carboload and bud candy question

BBWluva

can you use both these products together?or are they the same thing basicly.just curious if anyone has had good results using both at the same time.. thanks

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Use black strap molasses, less expensive and works perfectly. Molasses and GH Ripen together work brilliantly.

MtnLivin

I have been using a mixture of 5ml Molasses and 5ml Bud Candy and damn, some of the strains have blown up like I haven't seen before!

carbo load is discontinued when they came out with bud candy. carbo load is probably most of what bud candy is made up of. just missing the molasses. same thing then i would guess, never having used bud candy, as Sugar Daddy by technaflora. magnesium sulfide or close to it.

i am using molasses with carbo load because the store gave me 1/3 off on the carbo load and the Bud Candy was too rich for me.

G

Guest3498

Bud Candy sucks imo.... makes everything have that same sweet aroma - good genetics should smell awesome on their own.... Carboload is awesome.

Last edited:

MtnLivin

carbo load is discontinued when they came out with bud candy. carbo load is probably most of what bud candy is made up of. just missing the molasses. same thing then i would guess, never having used bud candy, as Sugar Daddy by technaflora. magnesium sulfide or close to it.

i am using molasses with carbo load because the store gave me 1/3 off on the carbo load and the Bud Candy was too rich for me.

Carboload has not been discontinued.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sometimes use Bud Candy in Hydro instead of molasses as the mols mash up my pumps!!
It's good stuff, kinda expensive for what it is though..
As the other fella says Bud Candy is a mixture of Carboload and Sweet Leaf!!

okay, just repeating what the guy said when he offered it up at 1/3 off. maybe he meant that the store was discontinuing it. sorry. and yes luv a grow, that is what it is, carbo and sweet. and again i am repeating the sales guy.

toohighmf

Veteran
Bud candy is like carboload (dextrose & water w SCORPION JUICE. salictic acid... it salictic acid is aspirin. aspirin emulates a viral attack or infestation to stress plants to produce more terpines, essential oils etc.

MtnLivin

Bud candy is like carboload (dextrose & water w SCORPION JUICE. salictic acid... it salictic acid is aspirin. aspirin emulates a viral attack or infestation to stress plants to produce more terpines, essential oils etc.

VERY good info my friend! Gracias!

MtnLivin

okay, just repeating what the guy said when he offered it up at 1/3 off. maybe he meant that the store was discontinuing it. sorry. and yes luv a grow, that is what it is, carbo and sweet. and again i am repeating the sales guy.

No worries brotha.. I have been working at a hydro shop for some time now and we def just ordered a fresh batch last week...

toohighmf

Veteran
I own a shop and I am an ex AN tech rep. I carry the whole ridiculous line. I personally wish I could hand Everyone a good 1 part, some kelp, molasses, and lignite based humics, and some MPK..
Call it a day. Maybe some silicate too..

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW

i know this is a 5 year+ old thread but i wanted to know if u are 100% sure that bud candy has Salicyic acid in it?

Heusinomics

^good Q.

I thought that advanced's aspirin in a bottle was there "Bud Factor X"?

Since they don't like put mot than one product per bottle I wdnt expect to find it in any of there other lines.
Gotta buy 50jugs of bs to get a complete nutrient... That for me has never been an improvement.

Skip the bud candy n mix your own carbs.
I use: mixed to 1ltr water & added @15ml/G
17.5% cane sugar
7.5% light malt
5% molasses

None of that artificial sweetener/flavoring bull shit.

Big ups respect and happy growing.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
salictic acid and Salicylic acid are not the same thing

do u mind to tell us exactly what salictic acid is then? from the way tohigh put it he said its scorpine juice and also said salictic is aspirin which is why i think he was trying to type salicylic acid