What's new

Carb caps? Low temp dabbing?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Higher nail temps = Stronger, narcotic, pain relieving high...
Lower nail temp = Racy, uppity, giggly, not long lasting high...

Try it!

So, I've been meaning to ask someone about this... I guess I have noticed that when I vape using my pen that has 3 settings, I get different effects from each setting. But I never really thought about it. Is there a "typical" setting to use on these vape pens, when it comes to vaping oil? I just usually use the medium setting because I can't accurately figure out if I prefer the low or the high setting. But they all seem to work, meaning, they all get me medicated. The differences seem subtle. I often wonder if, by using the low setting, I'm "messing up" the cannabinoid ratio of the remaining oil in the cartridge.

CannaScience

I have a question about flavour.

What tastes better:
A domeless nail with a carb cap
OR
A dome + nail setup with the top of the dome covered to cap?

Everyone seems to be converting to domeless nails for the sake of carb-capping, but for those who already have a dome+nail setup, is it strictly necessary for the taste sensation?

J

jackgastche

Just my opinion but I used to prefer carb capping my dome rather than my domeless. Not much of a difference but I felt like I could control it better with a dome.

K

kingtut106

Lower temperatures allows for a better flavor profile since it burns a little slower and it is less harsh for the obvious reason of the smoke being cooler.

As Jackgastche said a lot of people cap their dome setup just using their finger to increase airflow.

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
I personally like the thumb as a carb cap when using my dome setup vs. my Enail rig.

As noted by many, I don't plug the dome completely, well, kinda..
But I will cover air-tight very quickly, lift thumb a bit then air-tight briefly again...

I can watch the oil pool and boil, plug dome, big milk, lift thumb, more boiling, more milk, until the oil vapes away completely.

I also sort of wave my thumb over the dome, hard to describe with verbiage.

Anybody else have an E nail, but use your traditional nail/dome setup equally, or even use the traditional more often?
Personally, I use my Enail and regular setup about 50/50.

I thought the enail would be perfect for stealthy dabs while my wife is trying to go to sleep (loud roaring torch)..
Well, turns out the enail created such huge plumes of dabbage (exhaled vapor) that she was getting a MAJOR contact high..

You know what's fucking incredible with the Enail..
Full melt water hash...

Epic flavor at about 500° F.... EPIC FLAVOR

I got a friend making both Digital and Analog Enails.

Analog is great, and way cheaper.... But I'm glad I got the digital :)

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Good stuff. I can't believe I've never tried capping my dome setup. The dumbest part, I've thought of it, just havnt done it, lol. Guess I'm a creature of habit.

ThaCollieMann

im super into that domeless quartz nail by joel halen...but nothing beats that dualiti from highly educated..task changed the game for dabbing and water hash....carb caps are the shit ..esp when you get that dabber handle...as for enails...my buddy is making them custom for people..if anyone on this thread wants one get at him on facebook his name is like edward reeder..makes that qnail...only like 400 bucks..thats like half what it is anywhere else..food for thought...personally i dont like the enail..shit burns me everytime

Lono

I have the honey hole+cap, dualiti+cap, and the hive ceramic domeless.

Would have gotten the ceramic cap too but they were sold out! The HE cap fits the ceramic but the Ti to ceramic makes me nervous.

Definitely recommend the hive ceramic...awesome flavor. Takes a little getting used to and definitely not for everyone, as it is quite fragile.

I personally think dabbing FMIW is the best tasting thing out there. Screen tech seems like the way to go for this(hash on a screen, heat nail, place screen+hash on hot nail)..havent tried this yet BC it seems to work best with enails

Which I ordered last week, from torchless. Not sure how ppl feel about this unit, would love to hear some opinions. They're the same people who made the temp temple. They developed their own Ti nail designed to be used with e-nails specifically.

Rather than the coil sit below the nail, as it does with most units I see, the coil is actually "wrapped" around the nail, which supposedly allows for better heating.

Tried to find a pic, but couldn't. The company is super sketchy, no website, etc. Etc...vapenwiser makes the nail though

hammalamma

Veteran
I have the honey hole+cap, dualiti+cap, and the hive ceramic domeless.

Would have gotten the ceramic cap too but they were sold out! The HE cap fits the ceramic but the Ti to ceramic makes me nervous.

Definitely recommend the hive ceramic...awesome flavor. Takes a little getting used to and definitely not for everyone, as it is quite fragile.

I personally think dabbing FMIW is the best tasting thing out there. Screen tech seems like the way to go for this(hash on a screen, heat nail, place screen+hash on hot nail)..havent tried this yet BC it seems to work best with enails

Which I ordered last week, from torchless. Not sure how ppl feel about this unit, would love to hear some opinions. They're the same people who made the temp temple. They developed their own Ti nail designed to be used with e-nails specifically.

Rather than the coil sit below the nail, as it does with most units I see, the coil is actually "wrapped" around the nail, which supposedly allows for better heating.

Tried to find a pic, but couldn't. The company is super sketchy, no website, etc. Etc...vapenwiser makes the nail though
My buddy has one of those and he likes it better than quartz on the dnail. Way more accurate and precise.

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Haha...

I too have a close friend about to go” live” with his custom digital or analog Enails, he is making quartz and Ti.

I just saw one he made the other day where he wrapped the coil around the nail itself.
(ironic that that's the first time I've seen him do it, and now see it mentioned here).

Dude's a damn genius.

In the midst of creating an automated bubble machine in which ice will not be needed, he'll be controlling the temp via PID.
I'd like to share more, but he is being hush hush with this project.

Should be extremely advantageous in creating quality water hash.
I'll post up some info as soon as I learn more.