What's new

Car finding services?...

spainmedman

Anybody ever use one or know about car finding services? I'm in the states, I am looking for a couple low mileage 90's Hondas.

Do they just look all over the internet like I have or do they have some other ways to find cars?

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
An old bank of mine (actually a credit union) has a car brokerage service where you tell em what you want and they find it for you. I think its free so long as the loan is through the certain institution. I'm sure you could find a bank that would be more than happy to sign you up for a loan.

however a 90's car? With low miles? Autotrader/Carmax (carmax will ship a car cross country if you so wish[for a fee])

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya, spainmed, you may want to see if there are any honda owners clubs, thats where you will find the nicer older cars, good luck, regards and peace s2:tiphat:

Last edited:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
They will just go to the closest auto auction and buy one.

Also they will find one through their dealer partner and negotiate a deal with profit for them.

If you can't find one, then who cares how they find it...? just buy it if they come through.

spainmedman

I am not in a hurry for the cars. I just want to find the right ones.

I was wondering how they look for them. I'll try my credit union and see what they have.

I have been checking craigs list but good ones go fast.

Autotrader and cars.com seem to have the most listings.

On Ebay I missed out on a 1993 Honda Accord EX with 13k on it, almost a brand new 1993, it went for $11,000. I bid 9,500.....

spainmedman

10g's for a 1993 car? are you fucking nuts?

Dude, you must not know Hondas:) Yes I bid a lot but did you see I got out bid?

A 93 Honda Accord EX with 100k on it in excellent condition normally would go for about $2500.
The one I bid one was like new. I have had 2 Hondas go over 350 thousand miles.

Still wondering how these services actually work. I might email one and see, they might just be for super pricey collector cars.

Ski

My brother bought a 93 Accord with 100k on the clock.
Some oil changes, some tires and a clutch got him to 200k.
Last seen still getting 35+mpg with 250k on the clock.

S

SeaMaiden

USAA offers car buying services to its members, which I like, but they don't work with Ford. In fact, I have found no one who works with Ford to get good deals for their members (think AAA, AARP and the like). I don't know if you'd qualify to become a member of USAA, but their services are top notch.

Used to be military officers only, but now I think all who serve(d) can become members.