What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

capabilities and limitations of a drug sniffing k9

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
defeating a drug dog is actually not hard at all. it is only an animal. sensory overload works best. minute traces of substances in every corner , nook and cranny. if a dog is hitting on everywhere makes things rather time consuming and confusing. secondly, mixing a small amount of contraband with black pepper and putting it in an easy to hit spot will effectively render the dog out of order for an hour if it inhales the pepper. i cant bet my life on this but did personally observe said scenario take place in jail. i am more interested in water...

Tangwena

Veteran
How good the dog is relies a lot on how good the handler is, returning from Africa I had an ounce in my shorts, all taped up but even I could smell it now and then. At customs a dog handler ran his labrador along the line of people. As he was aproaching me I held out my hand for the dog to sniff.
The dog came straight to my hand but before the dog had a chance to sit, indicating it could smell dope, the handler angrily yanked the dog away, saying " dont touch the dog sir"
The dog could smell it for sure but being obedient went were it was told, clever dog stupid handler. There are many variables with a dog, another time at an airport I had dope in my bag, dog indicated on the bag, but when customs opened it the first thing they saw was some salamis wrapped up, again handler miss read the dogs response and waved me through.
I trained my own dog to find hash, he was always stealing my stash and eating it, he really loved hash. I had to hide it out of his reach, we used to hide a piece the size of an apple pip anywhere in the house, tell him to seek it and he never failed to find it, but then he was motivated, he never gave us a chance to retrieve it once he found it, it was wolfed down in a second.
I came home one day and he was lying on the carpet just wagging his tail he couldn't even get get up, I thought "oh no!" I lost a quarter ounce that day.
I love dogs its people I have trouble with. Tangwena

redlaser

Veteran
A couple years ago I was at the United Air desk trying to check in some luggage for about twenty minutes, waiting in line. Security was walking a dog around and passed our line twice and didn't even slow down. There was a recently fired .38 in my luggage, a little unnerving that the dog couldn't pick up on that.

iampolluted

True story... On my way to a concert in DC from sc. Got pulled over after sparking and finishing a bowl. Car reeked of weed. Officer tells me to get out and get in the back of his car. Drug dog hit on the car. Had a 1/2 oz and a pipe. Told the cop the pipe was under the seat. Weed was in the armrest covered with CD cases and sorted papers. 4 cops and a dog searching through the car and all they found was the pipe. 10 minutes later, the cop writes me a warning for speeding and said you know what to do with this and handed me my pipe and turned his back. I immediately threw the pipe about 100' . he turns around and says, "ya know, we're not all assholes, have a good day." Took off and hit the next exit for some papers and went and saw iron maiden. Epic time and story. Weed wasnt sealed, and the whole car stunk so that may have helped. Now I ride with a dog, dog food, human food, double seal anything over a 1/2 o and hide the bigger packages in the back. If a dog hits, the likelihood of finding the small bag is high, but the sealed stuff should be good. I make my ride messy and like I live in my car to discourage a throrough search. I'd rather lose the 1/2 than the L's in the back. Either that or i don't smoke, or have anything incriminating when I ride with major weight.

Latest posts

Latest posts