What's new

CAP Ebb n Grow, results.... Very happy.

As per the res temp issues, HPS and MH are notorious for emitting a great deal of the converted electrical energy as IR or heat, if your reservoir on the Ebb and Grow is in the same room it'll reach room temperature given the above this can be out of the ideal range. A res chiller may be the solution, however may I also suggest you consider CMH as your lighting technology, run on ANSI50 or 51, 250 or 400W respectively. The benefits of CMH are extremely high CRI of 91 on the Philips MasterColor Retro White for HPS ballasts. The CMH converts an extremely higher amount of electrical energy into light than the HPS or MH, therefore giving off far less IR, and heating your room and therefore your res less.

Many growers that have converted to CMH have done so from 1000W and up set ups, they suggest using two 400W CMH in place of 1 1000W HPS, you can always opt for 3 and 1200W if you prefer the Tim the Toolman way.

Check out the CMH thread on this very forum if this is of interest to you.

I have my own 12 site Ebb and Gro set to arrive this week, will be doing all the preperations and acquiring some Purple Urkel clones to break the system in.

Thank you for the tips, I will make sure the siphon line is present before operating to prevent the before-mentioned air locking issue. I will also take the advice about raising the buckets for a more complete drain cycle.

As per Higromite I use a mix of 6 to 1 Hydroton to Higromite, and I have to note you will see the benefits of Higromite in your plants as it degrades, however I have to state the cost of Higromite is double that of Hydroton for the same weight, therefore, I do not know how cost effective it's vs. simply buying a nutrient that already contains sufficient amounts, or instead purchasing a product to add additional silica. It's good to note however that according to the Medical Marijuana Indoor Grow Bible there are no known Silica based toxicities, so use as much as you want. I'd actually suggest it to some of you guys growing massive sativas with snapping branches from their own bud weight.

rr14

In regards to reses, I was running 2 brains off one 55 gallon res and that worked okay with approx 32, but it would drain the res quick once they are a few weeks into flower.

I am now using a 130 gallon res, larger pumps (flotec 1/6 hp's) and one brain. This will give me a little more capacity and margin for error.

Not installed but will install soon is an automatic parastaltic (spelling) pump that is controlled by a ph monitor from an aquarium reef setup. This will keep the ph fluctuations in line that are common with these setups.

Also, one tip is go to bigger line. I'm going to convert to 3/4" line on mine. The 1/2" takes way too long and makes for a plumbing nightmare. I'm using 4 1/2" lines for 24 and it still takes forever to fill.

If you're looking for 4 zips per site, then grow out to 3 ft and bushy before you flip. Go with 4 per light and you'll be good. I've pulled as much as 7-8 zips off one 600 under a 4 plant type setup. Most per 600 is 12z's with moderate yielders.