What's new

can't stand people anymore....whats my problem?

Madjag

Veteran
Just be authentic....if you're truly meant to be alone most of the time, you will be.

Be honest and skip the denial part and see what's left.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds good but when I'm talking to people positively about shit'n'stuff and they start being rude or sarcastic I know it's from their own insecurities but it doesn't do anything to subdue the urge to bash their fuckin head in, they're called haters now but I've always just thought of em as rats. And a rat's a rat. I got traps for them bitches.

I was coming from the perspective of... when I had to learn that I was operating from an ego based perspective and that was limiting myself and the interactions I could have with the people around me; to more ignorant, selfish, surface interactions...

BUT...

for sure, when you are speaking some truth and someone acts that way it can be frustrating... but then I pity them and know that I have probably been there once too (ignorant and insecure about change and new ideas) and then it becomes somewhat amusing... like "OK, you'll get one day buddy x^D"

you can move on unfazed and... either so will they and they'll continue their ignorant insecure ways, or they may think on what you said and eventually see things from another perspective... either way in that mindset things stay positive for you 'cause either the haters will get bored with you and move on or they'll evolve some sense... and you can interact with them on a conscious level where there is a mutual exchange of ideas.

Last edited:
W

willyweed

we all have the power to make other people happy,some of us do it by entering a room ,and others do it by leaving the room !

W

willyweed

i was being profound,we have the power (its up to us, our choice)not others .to make people happy or sad by staying or going!still our choice not other people's.entering a room(people are happy to see us) our choice to enter the room ! and leaving a room ,because it may make us and others happy(still our choice to leave)
so where does it say or imply anything about what others do or do not do?
please only reply if you have something interesting or relevant to add to this thread
good luck willyweed

O

OptionDork

i was being profound,we have the power (its up to us, our choice)not others .to make people happy or sad by staying or going!
Your attempt to be profound failed.

So you're saying you have the power to make others happy or sad by being in some place or not and how you are? So you're saying it's your choice to make others happy or sad by your actions/presence and 'others' have no choice to be happy or sad?[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

maxmurder

Veteran
I understand what alot of people are saying. In general most people will use or abuse you if you put yourself into a position where you can be taken advantage of. Understanding how the majority of people work is one thing, but you should be cautious as it can hinder your own personal happiness.. Happiness is a perception thing, it is you that controls it. Focus on those precious moments where you can enjoy yourself with people but always limit the amount someone can screw with you. Its easy to find things to be upset over, to dwell on..The challenge is looking past all the bullshit and find those tiny things that bring out the love and happiness.

I constantly repeat to myself the serenity prayer and also the quote from Lao Tzu, although most are familiar with the serenity prayer, Tzus quote is
“If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.”

Much love bro, keep your head up..May you find your own path to happiness

yep serenity prayer - covers everything:scripture:
i do wish being present came naturally tho, this other shit is exhausting ... :thank you::biggrin:

O

OptionDork

and also the quote from Lao Tzu
“If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.”
Great reminder and missed this post. Thank you.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Or do I even have a problem>?

I really can't stand being around other people anymore...not for longer than an hour or so anyway....

aaff759_zps0a66aca5.jpg

A

Alone

I dunno, humanity in general used to sicken me.

The "Me Me Me" attitude just boggles my mind.

I have taken to viewing society as a huge social experiment now, it is kinda interesting...

I will sometimes do the opposite of what I think I should do, just to test the waters with people.... Honesty seems in short supply. Everyone out for themselves...no consideration..

People used to have pride, a man's word meant something, and people didn't play bullshit games...

There is a reason I live in the boonies on 80 acres....with no neighbours besides a few cows...My wife is much the same..

Our circle of family is close, but have turfed a few over the years .

And Yes I Be Blasted as I write this. :)

Most people Suck...I prefer the company of my Dog LOL

^^^^AGREED! ^^^^ Well said.

yep serenity prayer - covers everything:scripture:
i do wish being present came naturally tho, this other shit is exhausting ...

It's indeed a supreme & superior quote! :woohoo:

Fact is, being present used to come naturally when you were very young. We have all learned to forget it in our rush to become older and big like mommy & daddy.

But thankfully we can unlearn the unhelpful ways by paving over them with a deliberate effort to be conscious of how we are feeling NOW and recognizing when we are living in the past or future...or present. The scale is right there in that quote:

If we are depressed, we are living in the past.
If we are anxious, we are living in the future.
If we are feeling alright, we are living in the NOW.

Good ol' Lao Tzu...:dance013::ying:

I'm the same way. I can't stand 99.9% of people. Sometimes I let my guard down and talk to a new person just to see if I can get lucky. Nope. Every time the person is a total douche. Even people I would expect to be nice.

Madjag

Veteran
Even we take ourselves too seriously and let our judgements rule us. The Judge starts at home.

Floridian

Veteran
Man you people have problems Whohoas.Have you been smoking from a strain left to cure in 1/4 to1/2 qt glass containers?Indica significant?