What's new

cant compete with all the "domestic importation" please help

I need advice on my new investment batch of seeds off the boo or bay .basicly its come down to the fact that if it isnt super duper one hit shit i cant sell it.

the grow store that i normally shop at told me that their business has been off this year -so I asked her why ? she said "domestic importation"

so I need help in picking my next strain -I dont have access to any clones -I trust buying off seedbay or the boutique
if anyone knows a strain that fits the bill please help a brother out

past seed buys
big budda seeds= cheisel - bluecheese-cheese
rez= sour deisel chemdog-chem ix iii-sour deisel ibl
bog =sour bubble -sour lifesaver-blue moon rocks-boogle gum

currently running sour lifesaver and chemdog
my sour life saver is great looking and taste + smelling -but lacks potency

my chemdog is a low yeilder and a very difficult fussy plant

any input would be great !

I

Iron_Lion

might be time to work on the grow skills. import is usually shittier quality then the best locally grown. If it's grown like shit, tastes like shit and looks like shit strain or name isnt going to make any difference.

iron lion -i hear ya my skills have evolved a bit to where that's not the issue -finding a strain that has killer pontency is

schwilly

In my experience, no quality indoor gets shipped east from the west coast. At least not in wholesale quantities.

They just ship the chemmy factory hydro beasters eastward. Nothing to really compete with..

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
In my experience, no quality indoor gets shipped east from the west coast. At least not in wholesale quantities.

They just ship the chemmy factory hydro beasters eastward. Nothing to really compete with..
maybe before the feds shut the D's down in several Med states..Now great stuff is just plain moven every/anywhere..same sorta problem here in Mich OP..you see my answer below..black n red all day

paladin-thanks for your answer i have been meaning to try out some grind house gear any strain you stand by ?

streetslang- How did you cross "your own" chemdawg?
well about 2 yrsago i ordered chemdog ix iii from seedbay -grew out one male and some female clones and made seeds -im not claiming to have made my own chemdog or anything-in fact i think the seeds that i made turned out no where near as good as the the first rez seeds and cones that i had-but they didnt cost $150 per 10 seeds

B

BrnCow

I need advice on my new investment batch of seeds off the boo or bay .basicly its come down to the fact that if it isnt super duper one hit shit i cant sell it.

the grow store that i normally shop at told me that their business has been off this year -so I asked her why ? she said "domestic importation"

so I need help in picking my next strain -I dont have access to any clones -I trust buying off seedbay or the boutique
if anyone knows a strain that fits the bill please help a brother out

past seed buys
big budda seeds= cheisel - bluecheese-cheese
rez= sour deisel chemdog-chem ix iii-sour deisel ibl
bog =sour bubble -sour lifesaver-blue moon rocks-boogle gum

currently running sour lifesaver and chemdog
my sour life saver is great looking and taste + smelling -but lacks potency

my chemdog is a low yeilder and a very difficult fussy plant

any input would be great !

Not enough information but, my friends have grown out several packs off SB and even the freebies have been awesome. Then they got some Pineapple Express seed from A... in the UK and that shit rocked although they had to pick it early as it was smelling outside. Still was good enough that their buds in Co. sent it to the lab and it pulled 19% immature. Their using a home made hydro setup under a 1000 watt HPS with one of those umbrella looking hoods. I think they worked up to 700 ppm at the end of Advanced. After a year of growing, they are finally getting it down and they hope to get good enough at it to bust a move on those Co. dispensary growers with 5 or more years of experience. Kind of a pot war thing instead of the tomato wars help at South Park...you would just have to be there..lol But the idea is to learn to grow until you get it down and after five years, you will be amazed at what you can do with it! Until it is allowed to finish, it will be weak. Got a small microscope? Run it out longer and let it flush for a couple of weeks at least. Don't touch it until half the balls are amber...if that doesn't do it, get some help to look at it or take a bud to someone who is good at it and let them tell you what is going on. Stuff's harder to grow right than it looks. Might need to get a job until you get it going better. OF course, if you had posted more info, you would have gotten a few more answers...be sure and use Exif tag remover on the pics before uploading.

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Problem is your concept...

If you want "elite" and unique, you need numbers. Quit sprouting 10 of this and 10 of that. Buckle in and sort 50+. Your best of 50+ will be better than everyone elses best of 10. Strain is only part of the equation, numbers are the key....

If you can't go with numbers, time to dial that room, regardless. No way a bud traveled 2,000 miles and passes through many fingers, should EVER be as good as your worst bunk. SOMETHING is wrong if that is the case...and it isn't the strain.

No offense, but my bag seed plants could have sold top dollar when beginning and the market was not unintelligent then...I'm only providing for me now; maybe I've lost touch over the years...

Or maybe, buy some sativas. The different high vs most bulk indica should open a new niche for you...

Good luck...

dank.Frank

Last edited:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
paladin-thanks for your answer i have been meaning to try out some grind house gear any strain you stand by ?

Well I'm Runnin all that I can.. Ultrasonja,mob boss.pre11 prophet.Ancient Afghani. With the Blockhead and new prophet on the way..so far everything grows like a machine..The only one I hav got to the smokin stage is The Ultra Sonja..Damn nice, had to take the first one early (56 days) still outclassed my deadhead x tahoe OG..
The blockhead seems to be the skull skinnin part of the mix..feels like you got a zipper at your hair line....zzziiiippp of goes the top of your head.. That is the one my patients are dyin for..the strait Quill...good luck brudda

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Uhhh so not true, MOST of the fire in our area is shipped east for one reason......better prices.....I know I ship most of mine east but that might change real soon as I just started a local delivery service. And it is anything but " chemmy factory hydro beaster" in fact NONE of the growers I hang with ( most in Santa Cruz have grown for OVER 20-25 years) ever grows that crap, I know I don't, he'll my clients are screaming for more of my OUTDOOR as it is better than any local indoor they can get back east!

Keep it fire bros

dank frank that makes alot of sense-but sounds expensive- im not a full timer,so thats not going to work, but i here what your saying.
I have grown really good buds-my lifesaver looks and smells amazing -it does the job on me -but some of my regulars smoke way more than me, everyday-
There has been alot of response saying that im not dialed in -I think I am but lacking the genetics that are up to specs with the import that has of late taken some of my regulars

nvthis

dank frank that makes alot of sense-but sounds expensive- im not a full timer,so thats not going to work, but i here what your saying.
I have grown really good buds-my lifesaver looks and smells amazing -it does the job on me -but some of my regulars smoke way more than me, everyday-
There has been alot of response saying that im not dialed in -I think I am but lacking the genetics that are up to specs with the import that has of late taken some of my regulars

Go with the bud flood.. Why compete against it? If it's money you want, be one of the players.. Forget the seeds and find a source and move more than the guy next to you... Out hustle everyone around you and let them know who is king shit in the hood... Or, just grow your own, give freely and enjoy your karma...

nvthis-yes im not a hustler or a big player just trying to make a little extra and grow some top of the line buds.
here is my set up

4 600 air cooled hoods.
cap ebb and grow hydro flood and drain
nutes - dnf a&b Bloom, bud candy , bcuzz bloom
co2 using a 20lb tank 15 minutes on every hour using a timer
Strain -currently running sour lifesaver and chemdog

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i love popping seeds and finding cool phenos but i realized that in this market, time is money. so while i pop a few dozen seeds every round that i grow in a seperate test flowering chamber...i networked, found some friends who had already popped hundreds of beans and found the best phenos, and got access to those cuts.....i basically have hundreds of dollars in seedstock and manhours that it took to grow them whenever i can source a good cut from a seed mother....big thanks to the homies who hook their other fellow growers up! good karma always comes back around..

bambi

sounds like your clientel want what most buyers want w/wide''

They want hard/ dense greasy one hitting, or two hits to fuck em up or it just wont do i learnt when first getting into business,

Most breeders use there favourite cross's over Skunk/1, or if your like me flavour is a must you'd use - The oldest Super skunk you can find, & let me tell ya s/skunk like this normaly makes very very dense heavy buds also,

Another member mentioned u grow out as many as you possibly can, not one pkt of seed sort'a thing and this members right of course, just as shantibaba showed me some time ago -Selective Breeding, being the only way to fly or lol grow yes'

Meaning the more plants/clones too,we grow out the better'ra the CHOICE we produce in the plant or clones also that need selected also, and the dad clones to lets not forget either,

Your customers want a hit like old N/Lights i think, or afghan type variety, id go for a good ole HUMBOLDT anytime, yea/ old the humboldt funk ive heard it called,

Problem with good heady/trippy Sativa's is they take too long to flower,even the hybrids take up to 10'weeks to finish off, this is why i dont grow em out very often till the outdoor season anyhow, plus varietys like bubble gum/bleberrys etc im pretty sure you find were intended more for day time use,racier high perhaps,

I still grow out fast flowering brands that other breeders ive noted over time gone by use, such as the Mikado with an impressive 45'day bloom time, i bought 4 pkt's nearly 5 yrs ago and found one good mother keeper that was'nt too leafy as the mikado is re'nowned for, and ive only one qualm using it for this purspose, well' il let ya no if im ever asked i guess.

bambi.:smoker:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dank frank got the right idea
plus sativas are key, they tend to rage the flav n stink a lil harder, but not always

Latest posts

Latest posts