What's new

cannatonic

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I have a Cannatonic that I grew from fem seed. I gotta agree with krunch on this one. The pheno I have is super picky. Doesn't like food or water. Really susceptible to mites and root aphids......they fuck it up a lot more than the 30+ other strains I currently run. I got the red grapefruit pheno which I'm guessing comes from the g13 haze father. Smoke from it is ok......nothing to brag about. It's not the easiest cloner either. But......this is just my experience from a single seed. I put a few outside to see how they do...and if they aren't up to my standards come November......shes getting the axe permenantly......

St. Phatty

La Plata Labs has Quin-n- Tonic Harlequin X Cannatonic
Gage Green has Freedom Baby Harlequin x Joseph OG
Gage Green Healing Fields Cindy la Pew x Freedom Baby
Gage Green Blue & Green Super Blue Dream x Freedom Baby
Just to name a few,all reg seed form. Easy to get you paws on.:biggrin: Hope this helps.

Very Useful. :woohoo:

Not going to call you 'Idiot' though. 'Dr. Useful' be OK ?

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Some info about Cannatonic just in case people want to know the origin of this and most CBD strains:

Yeah like practically the 90% of true CBD strains nowadays, indeed they are all phenos and crosses from the same original spanish strains besides all those fancy names haha...

But what no one says is that Cannatonic it's also just a pheno of another strain from a third seedbank and not MK Ultra X G13 like they say lol. Resin Seeds (and by extension all the people working with those genetics and spreading bullshit all over the world) are just making cash from the original strains discovered by the Spanish seedbank Reggae Seeds, they were the first guys who found those rare CBD phenos in their strains (Dub, Dancehall, Juanita) and started working with them in 2004-2006. They were crosses made from a CBD rich NYC Diesel male (Soma Seeds) and Queen Mother strain (Delicatessen Seeds).

Later in 2008 Jaime from Resin seeds got 7000 seeds from them (via Alex, who was Soma's son-in-law) and from there, they selected a few CBD rich phenotypes and named them Cannatonic and Dulce Canna, but they were simply phenos of Dancehall or Dub strains from Reggae Seeds. Time after that, he also founded CBD Crew with Shantiblabla and they started hyping up all the CBD bullshit.

Same with medical projects like Tikum Olam in Israel. They simply got packs from Jaime, first some Cannatonic packs and later 300 feminised seeds of Z6 and Z7. They used all those strains to select Avi-Dekel (16.3% CBD), Midnight (12.4 % CBD), El-Na (6.5 % CBD) or Rafael (18.6% CBD) but they are in fact simply different phenotypes of the same plants. They haven't been doing any super special scientific breeding or anything like that, just growing those seeds they got from Jaime.

So the sad thing is that the ones taking the credit by all this CBD trend are not even the strain creators but just some greedy guys making he most from the trend and other people's work. It's always the same old story, even though Reggae Seeds were also working with stuff from others (Delicatessen Seeds and Soma) already instead of doing proper breeding with landraces or their own genetics. :biggrin:

:tiphat:

Summary of the first years of the CBD Wave and some of the mains things:

Jimi, breeder of Reggae Seeds starts the wave in 2004 with a New York City Diesel Male with CBD that uses to create Juanita la lagrimosa, Kalijah and more strains, in the second step he creates in 2006 Dancehall, Dub, Session and more strains. In 2008 he gives to Alex Soma 5000 Dub and 2000 Dancehall (still not payed). Alex gives to Jaime (Resin Seeds) and say him that was MK Ultra x G13 Haze, Jaime select Cannatonic and Freeman selects Dieseltonic and Dulce Canna, we believe the 3 plants are genotypes of Dancehall. Jaime gets a prize in High Times Cannabis Cup 2008 and make the analysis in Canna stand during Spannabis 2009 discovering the CBD Wave. In 2009 and 2010 Jaime makes the first CBD genetics marketing campaign. Jaime and Shantibaba create CBD Crew to offer a whole range of CBD genetics. Later other seedbanks made collaborations with them to create true CBD genetics. In 2011 Soft Secrets writes “Cannatonic y Juanita la verdadera historia”, first and only time that Jimi and Jaime explains the truth about this genetics.

Apomixis

@Mustafunk Great info, thanks for sharing. The devil is always in the details. You're right its always the same story, song and dance.

-Kanza

Granger2

Veteran
Whatever they are, I'm growing 3 fem seeds now from Resin Seeds. Topped each, and have the 3 stems removed rooting in Botanicare CocoGro Plugs. After about 5 days under dome with 99% humidity, 2 of the 3 started getting a leaf browning, I think, fungus so I took the dome off and sprayed them with Peroxide water. Sprayed inside of dome, surface of all the plugs in the tray, and all 12 cuttings. Left dome off, but put it back on 24 hours later because 2/3 of the cuts were wilted. I'll continue with the 4 Tbl[3%]/gal Peroxide water, and see what happens.

Won't bloom the 3 originals out till I get rooted cuttings of each for moms. All 3 look the same. Huge ass fans. Very healthy.

I saw a copy of the tests done for a CBD category for one of the Cups. There were 18 samples and 9 were high CBD. One was like 19% and about 2% THC. The other 8 were in the neighborhood of 14% CBD and 5-8% THC. The other half of the tested samples were high THC. Hoping for the best, and with 3 fems I have a good chance of getting at least 1 high CBD. I'm kind of filled with foreboding about the fungal resistance [Botritis], but my crop won't be in 99% humidity.

May have to take more cuttings. There were 12 cuts in the batch, 4 strains. The 2 Cannatonics were the only ones affected/infected. -granger

HMadera

Some info about Cannatonic just in case people want to know the origin of this and most CBD strains

Summary of the first years of the CBD Wave and some of the mains things:

Jimi, breeder of Reggae Seeds starts the wave in 2004 with a New York City Diesel Male with CBD that uses to create Juanita la lagrimosa, Kalijah and more strains, in the second step he creates in 2006 Dancehall, Dub, Session and more strains. In 2008 he gives to Alex Soma 5000 Dub and 2000 Dancehall (still not payed). Alex gives to Jaime (Resin Seeds) and say him that was MK Ultra x G13 Haze, Jaime select Cannatonic and Freeman selects Dieseltonic and Dulce Canna, we believe the 3 plants are genotypes of Dancehall. Jaime gets a prize in High Times Cannabis Cup 2008 and make the analysis in Canna stand during Spannabis 2009 discovering the CBD Wave. In 2009 and 2010 Jaime makes the first CBD genetics marketing campaign. Jaime and Shantibaba create CBD Crew to offer a whole range of CBD genetics. Later other seedbanks made collaborations with them to create true CBD genetics. In 2011 Soft Secrets writes “Cannatonic y Juanita la verdadera historia”, first and only time that Jimi and Jaime explains the truth about this genetics.

This text I write previous to my article of 2014, and it has a mistake, Cannatonic and Dieseltonic are probably Dancehall, but Dulce Canna is probably a Dub, the best is to read the article i write later where is explained

http://www.cannabis.info/gb/abc/10002293-cbd-wave-first-decade-2004-2014

Goyakla

Grown Durga Mata 2 from par., and i was/are impressed by it... Really good for relaxing..Night time smoke..great for games etc etc..and ull get stoned in a Nice Way...and easy to clone.

Latest posts

Latest posts