What's new

Cannabutter

grayeyes

Can anyone tell me why you would strain your mixture after cooking? Seems to me that just makes a mess. I think I'm going to try cooking it then putting the whole mess in the freezer then scooping our the cannabutter and throw the rest away. Anyone ever try that?

VidaLoca89

Can anyone tell me why you would strain your mixture after cooking? Seems to me that just makes a mess. I think I'm going to try cooking it then putting the whole mess in the freezer then scooping our the cannabutter and throw the rest away. Anyone ever try that?

Si usa filtrare con il colino da cucina per evitare di avere in bocca sgradevoli pezzi di erba al sapore di clorofilla. Per un burro più pulito meglio filtrare il composto. Ecco le foto di quello che ho fatto io oggi ( puoi andare a leggerti il mio procedimento nel mio 3d.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211106-224000_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211106-224000_Gallery.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 67

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The material soaks up too much of the goodies. I cook in a small chinese crockpot. 2 pounds butter, a little water, and 2 quarts of ABV (as much as will fit). Cook for 4-5 hours stirring and make sure the water is still there, as it regulates the temp to 212*F. After the time is up, press a strainer that is the right size for the crock put down in, and using a little 1/2 cup measuring cup scoop out the juice. Add hot water, heat the mix a while, and do it again. Keep repeating. This saves you from having to squeeze the stuff in a cloth.

The liquid goes in the fridge, overnight cool, separate the butter from the water, scrape off the gunk on the bottom, and if you want repeat the crock pot and water with the butter to clean it, until the water stays pretty clean.

Toss away the mash.

shawkman

put it in panty hose draped over a pitcher, load all the material in it, then squeeze the fucking bajesus out of it when it still super warm , to where its burning yer hands, use yellow cleaning gloves, and squeeze like fuck to get the drugs out, i cook mine in crockpot low with lid half off for 16 hours, with tons of weed and water like a pot of greens and add 4 to 6 sticks of butter depending on how much herbs , i use a lot as much as can fit in the crockpot, lil crockpot i use 3 or 4 stix, i stir every hour or 2, even when im sleeping i get up to stir the weed soup cause good butter is worth it. just use the fridge to harden the butter, i usualy use a tupperware dish i poke a hole in the bottom to drain the water from under the butter, anyway , if that makes sense , im hiAzfk

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
The reason for straining is to keep as much of the plant material out of your final product as possible. It doesn't taste anything like it smells when you smoke it. The plant material in your cannabutter will give everything you cook with it a strong taste of freshly cut lawn or hay and it will add a less then pleasant texture from all the tiny bits of plant matter. Even with all the plant material removed the cannabutter will retain a slightly grassy/hay like flavor that most people don't enjoy and so they use the cannabutter on foods that they feel will sufficiently mask the grassy/hay like flavor. Plus once you've completed the process all the good stuff has been absorbed by the butter, there's very little if any still in the plant material so there is no real benefit to having that plant material in there unless maybe you're trying to add some fiber to your diet. Mainly the unpleasant flavor is coming from the chlorophyll that has also been soaked up by the butter. This is what also gives most cannabutter it's distinctive greenish color. You can improve the taste by remelting and then restraining the butter but you'll also lose some of the good stuff in the process.

Latest posts

Latest posts