What's new

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
that greenish color is just from using more leaf then bud its the chlorophyll. you cool its good in the fridge

Neo 420

Veteran
I let my butta mix simmer in a crock put for 20 hours...And it is potent.....Always......(I use good trim always too..)

sednal

My first cannabutter run.

My first cannabutter run.

Just ran my first run of cannabutter, used 35g of cured BOG's Sour Grape Punch with 3 sticks or 3/4 lbs of butter. Simmered for 15 hours, solidified in about 8. What should we make that will produce the most potent treats in the smallest form. Sugar Cookies? Or just flour sugar the butter and make some butter cookies? Or something else....we don't bake!?!?

We thanks you for your input.

Attachments

• IMG_0087[1].jpg
    IMG_0087[1].jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 19

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
there is some good recipes out there. A few I like are rice crispys treats and sugar cookies they dont require much butter though. let me get my recipe list and find one for you.. What you can look for is a treat with many layers that you can make that require butter or oil and make what you like. See the Sour grape punch is nice, sour grapes is another name for that I think with different parents. make something with a gram cracker crust that will use butter and some sort of filling and then a butter laced topping like the type used on a cobbler.

BCpete

My last batch was 28.5g's of dry sift keif into 2 pounds of butter. Cooked in a crock pot for 18 hours. Only myself and one close friend can handle it concentrated I've really seen it all, from tears to vomit, and uncontrollable left turning:biglaugh::biglaugh:. It's nice to have it to cut other recipes with though. I've also used the pantie-hoes foot tea bag in a boiling pot of butter also a great method. Since using a stainless steel tea ball and a crock pot i won't do it any other way.

p.s. Can't beat short bread.

TreeTopHi

I've never made my butter this way, I think it would be way quicker and much ezer for me to make my butter using this method. Thanks for the thread and all the useful posts. :p

Also very nice eye candy in this thread I must say...

libertaz

Need some help

Need some help

Hello!

I'm making some cannabutter while writing this, it has been simmering/boiling very lightly for about 1.5 hours.

How long does it have to simmer? Ive been reading on different recipes and they are all the same except the times, its all from 5mins simmering to 24hours, wtf? :S

Im pretty lost dunno when to stop :eek: please help me!

soil margin

Veteran
Hello!

I'm making some cannabutter while writing this, it has been simmering/boiling very lightly for about 1.5 hours.

How long does it have to simmer? Ive been reading on different recipes and they are all the same except the times, its all from 5mins simmering to 24hours, wtf? :S

Im pretty lost dunno when to stop :eek: please help me!

The longer you simmer the more you will extract theoretically. I think a couple hours would be plenty though unless you're doing a huge batch.

libertaz

The longer you simmer the more you will extract theoretically. I think a couple hours would be plenty though unless you're doing a huge batch.

Doing about 8grams of bud in 200grams of butter, will have it simmer for about 5-6 hours.
You think thats enough? :)

Thanks for the fast reply!

Edit: Ok i let it simmer for 5 hours, gonna make some brownies tomorrow :)

Also going to try and dry the buds i used for the butter

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Have you ever tried toasting your herb in the oven first? Supposed to be wicked strong. About less than 300 degrees for about 20 minutes (decarboxylate I think). You want to have less temp than you use for a vaporizer so you don't destroy THC. I usually also use a crock pot on the low setting so I can run around doing other stuff.

soil margin

Veteran
Doing about 8grams of bud in 200grams of butter, will have it simmer for about 5-6 hours.
You think thats enough? :)

Thanks for the fast reply!

Edit: Ok i let it simmer for 5 hours, gonna make some brownies tomorrow :)

Also going to try and dry the buds i used for the butter

Yeah I'm sure 5-6 hours is more than plenty for 8 grams of bud. I would be concerned about making 200 grams of butter with that much bud though, you are aware it's going to be very very mild right?

I usually like my edibles to be one bite and you're out. ;)

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Yes, it's OK.

As to why, I believe it's because unsalted is usually a better, more pure product and gives ya more control over how much salt is used when baking with it.

We made some brownies this weekend... and I just had two :) Used two O's of some cheap local bud that wasn't too bad on it's own. Made two sticks worth of real strong butter, had us all zonked out sunday night.

Last edited:

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Such a long thread I don`t have time to look thru here to see if my question has been answered.

Does anyone know if I can cut branches right from the plant and add it to the mix or does the product have to be dry? I know when smoking it the thc must dry and be converted from its crude form to its psychoactive..is this the same when eating or can it just be dumped into the pot with no worries..thanks

GhotiPhish

Success!

Success!

So I pretty much followed these instructions to the letter.

Got a little too baked before making it so I forgot to take more pictures but I did get an end product snap. I took 7 grams of finely ground sativa dominant + keif (which I smoked a little...couldn't resist) and used only one stick of butter.

Usually I use an 8th per stick but according to your ratio that was a bit much so this should be pretty potent stuff. There was a TON of waste water left over and not that much butter on the top so I wanted to take a picture of my end product and see if anybody got some like this before.

In the picture there's a darker green piece below the top layer of green goodness so I got confused. When I let my waste water drain out, all I got left was the pure beautiful green bliss left on the top. I'm assuming I did it correctly, as I licked my finger about 15 minutes ago and I'm already it a bit.

Kudos on the guide! Thanks again!

Attachments

• CannaBooter.jpg
    CannaBooter.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 17

PhatPhreddy420

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this subject.

After reading and re-reading every thread on here pertaining to butter, including this one, I finally made a batch.

I used 1/4 lb. of trim, comprised of about 1/2 fan leaves and 1/2 fluffy, sugary popcorn bud mixed into 2 lbs. of unsalted butter with a few cups of water for the simmering process.

Covered on low simmer for about 4 hours, strained and cooled in the fridge.

Two days later, separated the hardened butter from the waste water and simmered again with clean water. Cooled.

Two days later, one more simmer with clean water and added two more fresh sticks (1/2 lb.) to the simmer. Cooled.

Melted butter and poured into muffin pans to fill each cavity about 2/3 of the way.

When cooled, wrapped and weighed individually for freezer storage, they averaged 60 grams each.
I ended up with just shy of 14 of these pucks or about 1.75 pounds.

Brownie Time!!!!

I melted 2 frozen pucks (120 grams) of butter (approximately 1 stick or 1/2 cup) and used in 1 box of Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie mix.

Regular recipe calls for 1/2 cup of oil, I substitute butter. I also replace the 1/4 cup of water with 1/4 cup of milk.

8x8 greased pan.
50-55 minutes.
Cut into 36-1.5" brownies.
Cooled and individually wrapped 35.
Ate 1.

About 1.5 hours later, bang.
2 hour shit-eating grin trailing off into a nice, mellow evening.

35 more brownies to go.......

geeker

i got a quick question, would a 1/2 oz of regs be to much for 1-1/2 sticks of butter? would it be considered strong? avg.?

last time i had an edible, a friend of mine made them and just dumped a 1/4oz of regs in the cookie mix. terrible. that made me want to make a batch of my own and show him how it was supposed to be.

I'll be making mint chip crispy bars.

benjuanman

Veteran
This is a great thread guys really helpful. My girlfriend cooked up a batch while I was at work today. She put 29 grams of mainly popcorn and some sugary leaf tips with 300 grams of magarine. She was super stoked with it so far, just waiting for it to solidify right now.:clock watch:
picture.php

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
that looks pretty black to me. never heard of using margarine for a cannabutter recipe. that isn't even good for your health. better use butter next time. :2cents:

Latest posts

Latest posts