What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabrainer's first Ace Grow: Golden Tiger V3 Feminized and Malawi x Panama Standard

Cannabrainer

All right folks. This is my first grow entry so bear with me a little bit. I started 5 seedlings: 3 Golden Tigers V3 feminized (plants on the left) and 2 Malawi x Panama standard (on the right next to the bigger plant: a Blue Tangie Bean [Eskobar's Blueberry Sativa x Tangie x Jilly Bean] x Master Kaze cross I am working with).

This is a balcony grow, so don´t expect as much as other grows. I am purposefully restricting their height for obvious reasons and they are growing with the power of the sun. I am using Canna Terra Professional Plus with a bit of hummus. I will use Biobizz ferts and some Silica and Cal Mag along the way. In between the plants I will be growing some Thai Cilantro (in reality it is called culantro or recao and it is american) to ward off pests and to use it in my cooking.

So far I am seeing very explosive growth from the Malawi x Panama and they are very much uniform. I hope all goes well and that you all enjoy the ride. Ideally, these plants will be moved inside to flower indoors with a 250 watts LED light just when they start flowering, but I have not decided on that yet and they might end up going all the way in the balcony. The reason behind the idea of moving them inside is so that they can get a better and more constant exposure to light than in the shade, which in turn might affect yield and thc production. Any feedback on that or anything else is very much welcomed by me.

Cheers and thanks for following.

Attachments

• 20230512_105538.jpg
    20230512_105538.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • 20230512_123135.jpg
    20230512_123135.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

SolarLogos

How many hours of sunlight do you get on your balcony? Do you get direct sunlight or ambient light all day or part of the day? Unfortunately, on a balcony and being stealthy, putting the light outdoors to supplement the natural light is out of the question.

I'm personally not a fan of bringing outdoor plants indoors, but as in your case, there are exceptions. The biggest challenge for me growing indoors is pests. Indoors usually provides a better environment for pests to breed and feed at a much higher rate than outdoors, especially during the colder months of the year. Bringing plants from outdoors is almost a guarantee that you'll have pests.

It's a lot easier controlling pests outdoors than indoors. For example, it's easier to spray your plants outdoors with insecticidal soap, etc., or with a hose and keep their numbers down. Outdoors has natural predators and other plants that pests might find more attractive and migrate to.

If you don't have enough direct sunlight and have to move them indoors under lights, then wash the plants, the pots and medium well with insecticidal soap and neem oil; repeat indoors every 3 or 4 days for a couple of weeks to disrupt their lifecycle. You can alternate with spinosad or pyrethrin in veg. Then periodically scope the undersides of the leaves for signs of infestation. Treat the plants again at the first sign of infestation, but be cautious of what you spray once they are in flower.

Best of luck and keep us posted.
Peace
SL

Cannabrainer

Greeting SolarLogos! Thanks for chiming in. The balcony is facing south, so I am getting at least 6 hours of direct sunlight right now. In June and July, the direct sunlight increases up to 9 hours. I was thinking about vegging them outside and flowering them inside. Pests could indeed be a problem and I bet my wife will not be happy with the possibility of bringing bugs inside, but I have a pretty good idea of what bugs I get here and how to kill them (almost erradicate them).

The small room is right next to the balcony so I could always bring them out to flush them, spray them, and hose them. It certinaly is not an ideal setup, but for what is worth if they end up outside in the end I am confident I will get very decent plants. I have already had at least five balcony grows and they have turned out pretty well.

Will keep you all posted. Thanks for stopping by :D

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Greeting SolarLogos! Thanks for chiming in. The balcony is facing south, so I am getting at least 6 hours of direct sunlight right now. In June and July, the direct sunlight increases up to 9 hours. I was thinking about vegging them outside and flowering them inside. Pests could indeed be a problem and I bet my wife will not be happy with the possibility of bringing bugs inside, but I have a pretty good idea of what bugs I get here and how to kill them (almost erradicate them).

The small room is right next to the balcony so I could always bring them out to flush them, spray them, and hose them. It certinaly is not an ideal setup, but for what is worth if they end up outside in the end I am confident I will get very decent plants. I have already had at least five balcony grows and they have turned out pretty well.

Will keep you all posted. Thanks for stopping by :D
As long as an outdoor plant gets at least 6 hours of Sunlight a day it will grow fine. When I grow outdoors I have a holding area to keep the plants in nightly. If you have a good indoor light in the holding area you can feed the plant extra light with the indoor lighting. Every morning I bring them out for Sunshine. Doing a grow early in the Season will minimize the pests compared to late in the year.

Cannabrainer

Thank you for contributing Creeperpark. I germinated seeds in late february and the seedlings started growing outside in march. The temperatures here are still a bit chilly during the night, so it has turned out just like you say: virtually no pests (no fungus gnats which are the main problem here if you plant in april), roots and the inmune system are strong, and I only really need to watch out for leaf fungus that appears from time to time due to the high humidity. I treat it with trichoderma harzianum, horsetail, and silica foliar feedings.

I will take that advice and get a good indoor light to supplement the girls with extra light in an indoor holding area which is a small room I have right next to the balcony. It will be a 65% balcony and 35% indoor grow. It is great that your girls can get that sunshine during the morning. Nothing beats the sun and it seems to me that this is when they are the happiest during their day.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for choosing our genetics for your current grow @Cannabrainer and for starting a thread, much appreciated :yes:

If the weather in your location is good enough during flowering and plants receive 6 hours of direct light daily then it's probably a better and cheaper choice to finish them outdoors.

Cannabrainer

Thanks for choosing our genetics for your current grow @Cannabrainer and for starting a thread, much appreciated :yes:

If the weather in your location is good enough during flowering and plants receive 6 hours of direct light daily then it's probably a better and cheaper choice to finish them outdoors.
Thank you for chiming in and making them available. As you can see, I´ve got the Panama hybrids upcoming and I will also do grow reports on those. Saludos, Dubi.

Cannabrainer

Small update: Malawi x Panamas on the left looking as great as they started and Golden Tiger V3 fems suddenly bursting and catching up. It is getting crowded up in here, fellas!

Attachments

• 20230524_121106.jpg
    20230524_121106.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41

Cannabrainer

Well happy growing folk, 21 days have passed since my last update and all I have to say is that these plants will be beautiful huge monsters. Honestly, I have never seen plants grow so vigorously in a balcony grow with all that such a grow implies. I am amazed by ACE seeds Dubi.

Golden Tigers on the left and Malawi x Panama on the right in both pictures.

Attachments

• 20230609_003159.jpg
    20230609_003159.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 52
  • 20230609_150037.jpg
    20230609_150037.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Cannabrainer

thats gonna start flowering in no time
Honestly, I can´t wait. These beans are unique. It has been ages since I have grown genetics that dont have any indirect or direct skunk or kush in it. I will even stop smoking and vaping to be clean whenever I get to harvest, dry, and properly cure the flowers from these ladies. Thank your for contributing to the thread!

Cannabrainer

And here wee gooo!! Golden Tigers have officialy taken off and I am so happy with the way they are turning out. I will have to tie them up and do some LST because these plants will get over 6 feet if not contained. Cheers folks!

Attachments

• 20230627_002313.jpg
    20230627_002313.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • 20230627_002434.jpg
    20230627_002434.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
  • 20230627_002318.jpg
    20230627_002318.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
  • 20230627_002401.jpg
    20230627_002401.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 41

Cannabrainer

Small update after vacations during which these warriors were all alone for two weeks and battled drought only to bounce back spectacularly, I present to you all my Golden Tigers v3 just about to show their bud sites. There are three phenos, one of which is the biggest, thinnest, and more on the Thai side.

All have been super cropped to control their height and you can tell that it grows well like this, possibly even improving yield by letting other parts of the plants receive more light. Lemon cream is the main scent, but also Ginger, and I love it.

The Malawi x Panama is yellowing a bit so I will increase its feeding of N, but is also very healthy and vigorous in general. August and September will be very exciting. I am looking forward to it and I hope you all too.

Attachments

• 20230727_220937.jpg
    20230727_220937.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • 20230727_220929.jpg
    20230727_220929.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 43
  • 20230727_221047.jpg
    20230727_221047.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 20230727_221206.jpg
    20230727_221206.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • 20230727_221316.jpg
    20230727_221316.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hope you enjoy your holiday time @Cannabrainer :D

They are looking great after your absence for 2 weeks, growing steadly, keeping very healthy dark green color and only showing a bit yellowing in the lower leaves which is no more than normal if they were unattended for 14 days.

Cannabrainer

Hola Dubi! All is good with the ladies. To resume, all three Golden Tigers are in good shape. The biggest is in perfect condition as it has been put to ideal conditions. The second biggest has suffered stress and has some leaf curling as a result of being root bound and possibly a bit over fed, and the third one, the smallest, has stayed in its original pot, and has no stress or feeding issues.

The Malawi x Panama is very strong and, unlike the Golden Tigers who have barely begun to flower, this one has been flowering for the whole month of september and does not even look like it has even begun to really push into flowering, but looking like it is about to explode all over the place given that it is full of white hairs everywhere.

[EDIT: ADD PICS] From left to right: Golden Tiger v3 small pot; Malawi x Panama; All four ladies; Golden Tiger v3 Big One transplated twice.

Attachments

• 20230918_202105.jpg
    20230918_202105.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • 20230918_202155.jpg
    20230918_202155.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • 20230918_201919.jpg
    20230918_201919.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 37
  • 20230930_202226.jpg
    20230930_202226.jpg