What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis strains for insomnia?

M

MagusMan

Has anyone had experience with all or mostly CBD strains? I'm in an insomnia support group and everyone seems to be really talking up all these CDB oils and products. I have some CBD Therapy beans I plan on popping this season to make some oil of my own.

hey Justsometomatoes as you no i suffer from insomnia i got some buds supposed to be super orange glue.i have had 2 nights of sleep full 9hours too feel great for first time in ages.the strain is from lady sativa gentics.they have a strain called Marmalade its a cross of Exodus Cheese X Orange Diesel V3.which is meant to be great for sleep

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Thanks Magnus, looks killer. I've been hardly sleeping at all this week and finally crashed for like 8 or 9 hours tonight. I feel much better but am still pretty tired and need more sleep. Sleep is truly golden.

M

MagusMan

Thanks Magnus, looks killer. I've been hardly sleeping at all this week and finally crashed for like 8 or 9 hours tonight. I feel much better but am still pretty tired and need more sleep. Sleep is truly golden.

its amazing how cannabis helps me sleep great.and they stop us from
using it.

JustSumTomatoes

its amazing how cannabis helps me sleep great.and they stop us from
using it.

Yeah no kidding. I've done and taken everything the doctors have told me to and jumped through all the hoops. The one thing that has helped me live better would otherwise be easy to access if it weren't for the legal BS and jobs drug testing for it. I often feel like the world is totally bonkers.

Im'One

I use pure indica or a heavy indica hybrid. You will just have to try some strains to see what works best. My wife can go right to sleep after smoking sativas. Not me. Right now im using a sativa to cut my pain then a purple kush to knock me the rest of the way out. Island seeet skunk kills my pain and either black domina or purple hindu kush for the 1-2 punch. I can smoke the kush by itself but my pain wakes me up after 3 hours. Also i have to be sure to keep water or soft drink by the bed because will wake up with terminal dry mouth. Be sure to hydrate well and dont eat salty foods before sleeping. I am currently growing several strains to have my own meds.

Pinkfan

Great thread i also suffer from insomnia & will be looking to grow some indica dom strains to help with sleep. I bought some local weed guy said it was diesel it put me to sleep. But i reckon he was lying because everyone i no said diesel dosent put you to sleep....

JustSumTomatoes

Great thread i also suffer from insomnia & will be looking to grow some indica dom strains to help with sleep. I bought some local weed guy said it was diesel it put me to sleep. But i reckon he was lying because everyone i no said diesel dosent put you to sleep....
See if you can possibly score some seeds from the fella. A good nights sleep is worth it.

Pinkfan

So i guess its different strains for different brains.
So i need to work my way through indica strains
And find one that suits me best. I am looking at the afghani selection seeds. There hindu kush sounds good

Busto

Greenhouse seeds' Chemdog and Bubba Kush were perfect for me and my insomnia is really bad.

Smoking Chemdog is like getting hit by an airplane. Wouldn't mind grabbing another pack of those.

I'm harvesting CSI Humboldt's Slippery Slope (Trainwreck x Snow) next week, selected, cloned and provided by Jare, he said that could help me. I will let you know how she turns out.

grayeyes

I suffer from insomnia pretty often. Out of these choices I have on hand which is the better sleepy medicine:??

chem dawg
blue god
LA confidential
afghani no. 1

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
maybe i'm mentally insane because any of strains will not knock me out no more. only then when mixed with prespiction drugs and alcohol but i don't do that ever again in my life. worst mistake which i have done but sometimes feelings and loneliness are so hard to control especially if you are young person.

cbd was like a joke for me when it comes to sleeping but it will ease my over thinking at day-time.

hoping that overriped bubba kush will make me sleep like child please god i need to rest!

JustSumTomatoes

Never tried Chemdog but I have no doubt some of the bud I've come upon has had it in it. Grew out some bag seed one time that had a strong lacquer smell with a bit of diesel odor in there. Wasn't a fan of the smell, but man was it some strong bud.

I've personally never had a strong interest in all those popular west coast hybrids... OG, Diesel, Chemdog, etc. I tend to prefer sweet/fruity/hashy smells not the rank stuff. In the end the effect is what matters most to me though.