What's new

Cannabis strain tests at : 37.28 percent thc will the anni be upped?

dybert

Are these percentages really trying to say that a 1 gram sample is comprised of .37 grams of the compound thc-a?

Yes, and when you actually wrap your head around that, you can easily see there's no possible way. The present plant material is accounting for WAY more than 63% of the sample.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I respect all these Oregon guys/growers. They grow prolly the nicest looking plants of anybody next to Cali. That beening said how can this strain all of a sudden come up with roughly 15% more THC than anything to date. Did Jesus himself bring this strain down from the heavens or what???....,no disrespect but when will the seeds be a avalible???? Run this strain up against a strain with 22-25% THC and let's see the difference....I mean it's 37% so there's gotta be a HUGE difference right??? I just can't see how the breeder has breed something this far ahead of the next mans/breeders weed. If it's true I apologize. I'll buy the seeds and run it...so it's about marketing maybe??? Cause everybody wants to grow something this amazing right??? I'm sorry but I respect the west coast growing community so much. I think something might be a miss with the lab. Hell 20-25% still makes it a beast right??

clearheaded

yes actually 35% by mass is possible. look at one single bract partially hollow thin as a leaf rolled into a ball and trichomes coming out the whole surface. think when u dry a leaf and grind it to powder how small an amount it turns into. Think of rosin or other purish hash, people get 20-30% yeild(remember never extract 100%, but also some lipid impuritys etc) of 75%+ thc hash pretty regularly so getting up to that 30%+ thc is in the realm of posibility.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
probably I am nostalgic, or I can hardly keep up with the times, but for what purpose a percentage of thc so high?a Durban, or an afghaan / skunk, or a nl5hz or a zamaldelica, all these strains have the thc lower than 20%, yet they have a spectacular effect, is the mix of terpenes and active ingredients that makes the difference .. ..

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
In all honesty when you make a big claim. Your gonna have to welcome controversy and critics. Kinda like claiming your Ford can tow more than a Dodge. When you claim or really do have the best, you gotta prove it with more than numbers from a lab. After some people test it and see how superior it is they say damn those high THC numbers must be correct because this weed is better than anything ever. I'm trying to say welcome the skeptics, let us try/see for our self how great this strain is. Anybody got any lineage on this strain???

thal

ISO 9001 certification has absolutely nothing to do with a companies performance or the accuracy of their testing procedures. It's little more than a "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval" for businesses. Fucking joke, actually. I owned 3 companies that were all ISO 9001. Again, a fucking joke.

And, to the OP... it's ante, not anni. Ever play poker. :) Can a mod fix that or do I need to call the spelling police and report this thread.

There are different ISO standards, and this company isn't advertising that they are ISO 9001 certified.

They have ISO/IEC 17025 certified, which is defined as:

ISO/IEC 17025:2017 specifies the general requirements for the competence, impartiality and consistent operation of laboratories.

ISO/IEC 17025:2017 is applicable to all organizations performing laboratory activities, regardless of the number of personnel.

Laboratory customers, regulatory authorities, organizations and schemes using peer-assessment, accreditation bodies, and others use ISO/IEC 17025:2017 in confirming or recognizing the competence of laboratories.

Source

thal

I respect all these Oregon guys/growers. They grow prolly the nicest looking plants of anybody next to Cali. That beening said how can this strain all of a sudden come up with roughly 15% more THC than anything to date. Did Jesus himself bring this strain down from the heavens or what???....,no disrespect but when will the seeds be a avalible???? Run this strain up against a strain with 22-25% THC and let's see the difference....I mean it's 37% so there's gotta be a HUGE difference right??? I just can't see how the breeder has breed something this far ahead of the next mans/breeders weed. If it's true I apologize. I'll buy the seeds and run it...so it's about marketing maybe??? Cause everybody wants to grow something this amazing right??? I'm sorry but I respect the west coast growing community so much. I think something might be a miss with the lab. Hell 20-25% still makes it a beast right??

I think there is a difference between smoking 30+ percent bud and 22-25 percent bud, but it's not as big of a difference as what you may think.

As other people have noted, the high isn't just determined by the THC percentage, but rather the THC, other active cannabinoids, and likely the terpenes. Although I don't think anyone definitively knows what makes one strain seem to hit harder than another. That will likely be answered as more and more research happens.

There is a good chance you are growing 20+ percent THC buds right now.

green404

When I first started seeing 30% on dispensary packages I thought BS.. but enough labs are sending back results in that realm that I believe it now.

37% ..? could be, I would be a little surprised but not overly. That's starting to get into the realm of almost half of the flower is THC crystal.

Jason Voorhees

My problem with it all is that it does seem like a marketing thing. What kind of sample submitted hits the 37% mark? One with all the stems removed? Pop corn buds without much stem? Whatever the answer is it must be the most cherry picked sample of the batch being tested. It's just not a true representation of the sample your likely buying from that dispensary slapping the label on it.

thal

My problem with it all is that it does seem like a marketing thing. What kind of sample submitted hits the 37% mark? One with all the stems removed? Pop corn buds without much stem? Whatever the answer is it must be the most cherry picked sample of the batch being tested. It's just not a true representation of the sample your likely buying from that dispensary slapping the label on it.

Our samples are randomly selected from a harvest batch. It is 8 different .5 gram samples.

You don't want a giant hunk of stem but your goal is to grab buds that are ready for sale. So however you manicure ultimately determines the product that is tested.

My state has a spreadsheet that randomly determines where you grab your samples from. It has different instructions based on your drying method.

soil margin

Veteran
I trust these labs about as far as I can throw them. I've heard so many separate reports about these results being for sale. Extra $100 in the envelope gets you an extra 10% on the sample's THC. Until a bud is tested by four different labs that all give back identical results I'm always calling bullshit.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
It won't be long before the sheeple finally realize it's not THC percentage that's important... it's the terpene profile.

So, they will start fabricating terp profiles next. LMAO

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I think there is a difference between smoking 30+ percent bud and 22-25 percent bud, but it's not as big of a difference as what you may think.

As other people have noted, the high isn't just determined by the THC percentage, but rather the THC, other active cannabinoids, and likely the terpenes. Although I don't think anyone definitively knows what makes one strain seem to hit harder than another. That will likely be answered as more and more research happens.

There is a good chance you are growing 20+ percent THC buds right now.

I get all of what your saying and agree 100%. I just don't see how we went from .....what's the record THC ???? Around 28-30% which I kinda question also. All the way up to 37% ??? That's a pretty big jump percentage wise. I'm not sure the exact climb from the previous record but it's around 1/5 more THC. Just seems unrealustic. I'm done guys if it's true or even close I promise to run this strain next yr outdoors or indoors this winter if seeds are available. Again anybody know the lineage on this strain??? Much respect to the breeder of this strain if it's 37% or 27....I'll start seeds next wk and try it outdoors I've got a few open plots and can run to late Oct.!!!!:woohoo:

thal

I get all of what your saying and agree 100%. I just don't see how we went from .....what's the record THC ???? Around 28-30% which I kinda question also. All the way up to 37% ??? That's a pretty big jump percentage wise. I'm not sure the exact climb from the previous record but it's around 1/5 more THC. Just seems unrealustic. I'm done guys if it's true or even close I promise to run this strain next yr outdoors or indoors this winter if seeds are available. Again anybody know the lineage on this strain??? Much respect to the breeder of this strain if it's 37% or 27....I'll start seeds next wk and try it outdoors I've got a few open plots and can run to late Oct.!!!!:woohoo:

The modern history of cannabis isn't that long, especially not for indoor cultivation. So we are seeing massive improvements in technology and knowledge and I believe that is largely responsible for the leaps in potency. It's also likely that testing equipment has gotten better so you get better results there too.

I think there is a lot of skepticism on this forum because most people do not have access to these labs, so they have essentially no frame of reference. If 70 percent of home growers were testing in the mid 20s to low 30s no one would be saying the labs are pay to play, have bad equipment, or have falsified results.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
There are different ISO standards, and this company isn't advertising that they are ISO 9001 certified.

They have ISO/IEC 17025 certified, which is defined as:

ISO/IEC 17025:2017 specifies the general requirements for the competence, impartiality and consistent operation of laboratories.

ISO/IEC 17025:2017 is applicable to all organizations performing laboratory activities, regardless of the number of personnel.

Laboratory customers, regulatory authorities, organizations and schemes using peer-assessment, accreditation bodies, and others use ISO/IEC 17025:2017 in confirming or recognizing the competence of laboratories.

Source
They keep using that word. I don't think it means, what they think it means.

Latest posts

Latest posts