What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Shisha- making a cannabis product for da hookah!

S

Sir_Nugget

OK... so i got this idea from alice in wonderland and the worm smoking.. I was thinking.. 2 things! ONE- I wanna be as high as that damn worm.. TWO: that better be some canna shisha in that hookah, and not opium / tobacco...

QUESTION: How do we make a canna shisha? something that will burn good and long

could u imagine just having a hookah chillin, instead of having to light up a bowl.. I think canna shisha is the way to go.. ya just chill.. NO LIGHTER REQUIRED... JUST PLAIN CHILLIN WITH THE HOOKAH

Any1 have any clues as how we could make this happen? I am just ordering a 400w hps so I will make this happen.. with chem#4 or somthing fruity no less

OK.. I did the research.. and it is gunna be hella ez to make me some cannabis shisha that I can smoke from a hookah.. I bet u guys r thinkin a j is better if u ont wanna keep sparking.. but wheres the water filtration.. this is a true way to smoke our herb, and hella better than any other means... The only ingedrients u need to make shisha is ur fruit, like an apple, molasses and glycerin... shisha is by volume mostly tobacco, all u gotta do is use ground up nugs instead..

the recipe goes like this:

80% ground nug
20% dried out fruit (apple)

and a small bit (1 teaspoon?)of vegetable glycerin and light molasses

i got this info from a site, dunno how legit they r, butit is a start.. only bad thing is, it ocould go rotten after a day or 2 and u may want to add a preservative..

I do kno that store bought shisha does have molasses in it, but i didnt kno it had glycerin... I didnt even kno it was healthy to smoke molasses!

all i need now is for some1 to try this for me.. I have no herb or else i woud.. Hell, if i had herb id probly be passed out stoned instead of thinkin of canna shisha

D

Duk~O~Deth

Glycerine

That is what is added to the tobacco to make it moist.

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-put-glycerine-your-hookah-tobacco-238041/

" The results of these studies with glycerin applied to cigarette tobacco suggest that adding glycerin to cigarette tobacco at typical use levels does not adversely alter the smoke chemistry or biological effects normally associated with exposure to mainstream cigarette smoke"

Excerpt from Phillip Morris Study: Toxicological evaluation of glycerin as a cigarette ingredient
E.L. Carmines, and C.L. Gaworski

S

Sir_Nugget

what if we threw in kief or earwax to make it even stonier.. I bet this way I can make a super stoney shisha that will knock my socks off to the ceiling..

no... maybe we shouldnt add fruit to the shisha mix, and instead just add the molasses and glycerine.. reason would be to preserve the flavor of the weed... my goal is to bring out the most of the canna flavor in the shisha mix.. so I get shisha that reaks like chem#4, taste and all... let the bong and lighter days be over

S

Sir_Nugget

really? no one cares about makin shisha? I figure the best thing to do would be to just add glycerin to the cannabis, and maybe a slight bit of the lightest molasses, and some hash or kief couldnt hurt either.. basically u wanna keep the the flavor of the cannabis at a peak, while making it burn like shisha... This could b a real treat

Buju09

Honestly I would try such a thing, honestly I dunno what to add the would help you. I guess your just trying to mix the ingredient well enough ..and so on

T

Tr33

sounds nasty, just like that flavored nasty hookah tobacco.
Why ruin a Great Thing.
Cannabis tastes much better than flavored tobacco.
and with the complexities in cannabis flavors...welladding trash to cannabis to flavor it...ipsimo

Because for most people 1gr-1/8th of oil in a sesh would leave them catatonic. Seriously unless you got a crazy tolerance most people would be nappin. Even those who smoke 1-2gr of oil a day would be sedated. Would be good for splitting it between 3-4 people dunno how well it'll burn in a hookah.

prob23

isn't the point of putting bud in a hookah to have a nice relaxing sesh and not just roast a bowl with a friend or two? You also dont have to drench the bud in oil just proportional to make it burn a little longer

why dont the op try it for himself and report back of how it was...i wouldnt add no flavorings just shit to make it burn longer and stuff...but i bet some bud that was dampened with alittle glycerin would make it burn longer on the coals and not keep smoldering....

special hookah

really? no one cares about makin shisha? I figure the best thing to do would be to just add glycerin to the cannabis, and maybe a slight bit of the lightest molasses, and some hash or kief couldnt hurt either.. basically u wanna keep the the flavor of the cannabis at a peak, while making it burn like shisha... This could b a real treat

Did you ever try this? I've been mixing bud and shisha for a few years now with great results. If you have any experience setting up a good hookah, it shouldn't be a problem mixing some bud in there with the shisha.

With the bowl we use, we usually get an hour session out of it. It's definitely a different smoking experience and is very progressive. I'll try to get some pictures up if you guys are interested.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what if we threw in kief or earwax to make it even stonier.. I bet this way I can make a super stoney shisha that will knock my socks off to the ceiling..

no... maybe we shouldnt add fruit to the shisha mix, and instead just add the molasses and glycerine.. reason would be to preserve the flavor of the weed... my goal is to bring out the most of the canna flavor in the shisha mix.. so I get shisha that reaks like chem#4, taste and all... let the bong and lighter days be over
^
Agreed
instead of using fruit just use jelly hash. or bubble hash. jelly hash is iso, or bho mixed with kif or bubble. I have done this several times, and it get burned forever and gets you more baked than ever. just make sure you use a ONE HOSE hookah, and make sure you have at least 4 people to hit on a full bowl off weed and jelly hash smorgasbord. to get it to light I would line the top with kif and it will light easier. use a quality butane torch made for cigar lighting.

I have never used a tin foil and coal for that mixture though because it stays lit usually and i dont need a coal.

good luck

mendo420

Veteran
I mix a lot of bubble with a little hookah tobacco. I mix it together real good and use foil with charcoal just like the traditional hookah.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I once mixed about 1.5 joints weed in a shisha bowl. It was a nice experience because it stretched the weed alot. Every toke got u a little higher till the end. 4 people smoked ~30min and got pretty blazed. But i was young and had way less tolerance at that time.
Now i would try just nice buds with a little hash or oil mixed with molasses and glycerine.
Or i would try to get the frenchie cannoly shisha head.