What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis seeds vs Airport security

Zonta

Hello All,
I'm in the Netherlands and I'd like to bring some seeds (not too much, just 10) back home with me on an international flight. I did already some research on the internet but most of the results are old. And since security at airports is always improving, I'd like to ask that question again to get your advice if there is a good way to bring the seeds with me without problems.

Any tips?

mexweed

Veteran
you're more at risk of them getting stolen, read about the somewhat infamous chicago customs, and recently the tsa at the miami international airport had an organized theft ring going, those are more than likely not the only places that have that kind of thing going on

Zonta

you're more at risk of them getting stolen, read about the somewhat infamous chicago customs, and recently the tsa at the miami international airport had an organized theft ring going, those are more than likely not the only places that have that kind of thing going on
I live in another part of the world actually, not US. (sorry I'd rather not give additional personal information)

Zonta

Put them in the checked bag or throw them randomly in your carry on bag if you dont have a checked in bag. If, by any chance they find them claim they are souvenirs. Say nothing else, as they are not illegal in most places. Don't worry and look normal on your travels.
Did someone try that recently? Tough aiport security here and they actually do search carefully everyone personally as I noticed during my several flights during the past couple of months.

Rastafarout

Premium user
Inside some dirty socks , Jean pant pockets .. spread them in pairs .. not gonna find them
Or trail mix snack pack …opened like you’ve been eating them ( but tied closed)
Even keep in your mouth if really worried but swallow if needed .. hard to keep dry in mouth though

But I wouldn’t stress 10 … negligible..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know the laws of the Netherlands. Depends on how many seeds/packs I have. I know many that have had gallon baggies full of seeds flying in the USA with no issues. Hemp seeds are Fed legal in the USA now.. I would at least make sure THC is not printed on the seed packs. With customs use checked baggage, Put the packs in pants labeled hemp seeds. It's harder to hide with them in their original breeder packs.

SolarLogos

My last 2 trips coming back to the US through customs, I just put them in my coin bag with my coins and folded bills. I carry the coin bag, credit cards, etc. in a leather messenger bag (my man-purse). As long as there is nothing unusual looking in the bag, they have no reason to search and it goes right down the conveyor belt, through x-ray without any problem.

On the last trip back, we went through customs and they checked all our bags. On the way out of customs, the customs agent flipped an attitude toward my daughter for something, so I had a polite talk with her. She got pissed and had our bags searched and x-rayed a second time before we could leave. They still never searched my coin bag.
Best of luck

Nugg_dog

In an old compact disc case - you will find that the corners behind the plastic are hollow - de-assemble the case - tuck the seeds in there - then reassemble - used to use that method worldwide with the seed companies I owned in the past - and it always worked -
The kids of today would have trouble smuggling within their playlist. Only virtual seeds

Cloneman

Veteran
1690274724457.png

troutman

Seed Whore
10 seeds? Doubt that would cause a detectable bulge in your pocket.
Probably just safer to mail them to yourself using a random name and
address from the same city.

Smuggling is all about keeping cool. No bongs.:laughing: