What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis made honey?

CaptainDankness

OSU certified Oregon Master Beekeeper here, lots of complete bs and mis information here on Honey Bees.

we are doing the whole hemp pollen gig here in or and in co.
we make cbd honey sticks and more.
have fun kids.

Cool, but how much CBD actually gets into the honey? Do they need any other plants around or just hemp?

I'd definitely try honey from hemp. Does sound possible you can have weed that smells like flowers.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
OSU certified Oregon Master Beekeeper here, lots of complete bs and mis information here on Honey Bees.

we are doing the whole hemp pollen gig here in or and in co.
we make cbd honey sticks yand more.
have fun kids.

Enlighten us please? I want to read more. I have never heard of cbd being present in pollen. Or it showing up in honey?

If you are just talking about adding cbd to honey, thats easy. Lol.

Dog Star

Veteran
Maybe inside propolis.. bees can collect resins.. bees work all the time with sticky icky,
no probs for them if resin is sticky..

if you look good propolis is full terpenes and its produced by bees.. so i dont belive terps
disrupt them like they do to other insects..

but if they can work on resin than part of it will translate to honey so cannabis honey
is very possible to have.. but a bees will need nectar for energy and work so they
will collect from other plants also what they need..

its never just one strain of flowers even there is a season of specific flower
that gives nectar and then majority honey will be of some kind,like Robinia honey
or some other specific pasture..

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
have watched honey bees collect pollen off male plants for many seasons ........very regular morning hours collection and legs are maxed out with ..........

buzz on......