What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis infused olive oil ?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello everyone, I've got a few ounces of cured flower that i'd like to try something new with, anyone here make infused olive oil ?
Also how you finding using it once made ?

Cheers
It seems to be pretty easy to make following a few recipes. Here are a few recipes. Thanks for the post and keep us updated on the results friend.

revegeta666

Hello everyone, I've got a few ounces of cured flower that i'd like to try something new with, anyone here make infused olive oil ?
Also how you finding using it once made ?

Cheers
I make cannabis oil with our own olive oil. It's useful both as an edible and as a topical product. If you're only going to eat it I'd recommend making butter as it's quicker, more practical, easier and cleaner. You can also vacuum pack it and freeze it which is what I do. The oil's taste is alright, but regular raw olive oil tastes a lot better in my opinion. If you're goinna use it as a topical product, then I'd make olive oil or coconut oil.

revegeta666

Thank you, i'll be using it for topical and edibles, do you decarb the bud first ? ive read thats its unnecessary ?
The way I do it you cook it "au bain marie" for 3 hours so decarboxylation occurs during the process and it's not necessary to heat the weed in the oven first. I would recommend you buy a cheap cooking thermometer with a probe so the oil doesn't reach boiling point. I cook it for 3 hours aiming for 95°C.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Thank you, i'll be using it for topical and edibles, do you decarb the bud first ? ive read thats its unnecessary ?
It must be decarboxylated first or you wind up with low stone THC-a rich oil that I make for people who really can't take the heavy stone that comes with a proper decarbed and infused oil. Once cannabis is submerged in a fluid it doesn't decarboxylate worth a damn.

Olive oil, butter and 99% of all cooking oils are long chain triglycerides and they all take a full 2 hours to get from mouth to liver where the magic happens.

Coconut and MCT oils being medium chain stone you in just 45 minutes. How long do you want to wait?

High ratio of lecithin can boost bioavailability and you get so much more from the drug. Faster launch, longer duration, higher high, limited or eliminated tolerance build.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes (115 C)
5 grams decarbed Hash or bud dust or RSO or........
1 tablespoon Coconut oil (15ml)
1 teaspoon Fearn liquid lecithin (5ml) Liposomal encapsulation.
Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (104 C)
Freeze (optional)
Reheat (optional)
Fills 30 #0 capsules.

Bud dust paste 1 drop = 1mg of THC
Hash = 3mg
RSO= 4mg per drop
Wax, 90% concentrates = 6mg of THC per single drop
1712495639004.png

Order online.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Excessive or prolonged heating denatures Lecithin making it ineffective, so long cooking is contraindicated.

My teacher.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Use a 'CLEAN' extra virgin olive oil for best absorption and digestion. A pure olive oil will hold more cannabinoids per gram and also be easily digested. Any crap oil added (readily found in cheaper olive oils) will also absorb cannabinoids, while likely leaking out of various orifices of the body without being digested. ;)

revegeta666

@Greenfingers420UK I can assure you your infused oil will be great with or without decarbing, as long as youre using good weed. I used to decarb it the first few times but stopped doing it because the difference was so negligible. Slow cooking won't be a problem either, and doing it for 3 hours will ensure the oil is correctly infused. Just use a thermometer to prevent it from boiling.

As an example, last week I just finished my last cob of Zamal x Jamaica which was slow cooked in a food drier for 24 hours. CHewing a little piece of 0.5 grams will get you high for the whole day, as anyone who has cobbed a sativa can confirm. So yeah, no problem at all with slow cooking.

This is all assuming you're working with good weed of course. The last batch of oil we made at home, not decarbed, was so strong I put a sticker on the bottles, with a skull on it as a warning. It was a huge success among all our stoner friends and got zero complains about potency 😋 Worked great topically as well for articular pain.
IMG_20220513_124505.jpg

So as long as you're using a good, well grown sativa, don't overcomplicate yourself because your oil will be very potent either way, and everyone will have a great time.

On the other hand if you're using American style kush rapper weed, then maybe decarbing it is a good idea especially if you need to use 5 grams of weed per spoonful of oil to feel anything (lmao). The effect won't be great though unless your idea of a good time is drooling in the sofa like you've been lobotomized.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
@Greenfingers420UK I can assure you your infused oil will be great with or without decarbing, as long as youre using good weed. I used to decarb it the first few times but stopped doing it because the difference was so negligible. Slow cooking won't be a problem either, and doing it for 3 hours will ensure the oil is correctly infused. Just use a thermometer to prevent it from boiling.

As an example, last week I just finished my last cob of Zamal x Jamaica which was slow cooked in a food drier for 24 hours. CHewing a little piece of 0.5 grams will get you high for the whole day, as anyone who has cobbed a sativa can confirm. So yeah, no problem at all with slow cooking.

This is all assuming you're working with good weed of course. The last batch of oil we made at home, not decarbed, was so strong I put a sticker on the bottles, with a skull on it as a warning. It was a huge success among all our stoner friends and got zero complains about potency 😋 Worked great topically as well for articular pain.
View attachment 18984720

So as long as you're using a good, well grown sativa, don't overcomplicate yourself because your oil will be very potent either way, and everyone will have a great time.

On the other hand if you're using American style kush rapper weed, thmaybe decarbing it is a good idea especially if you need to use 5 grams of weed per spoonful of oil to feel anything (lmao). The effect won't be great though unless your idea of a good time is drooling in the sofa like you've been lobotomized.
Can't beat your own homemade olive oil.

And like you, I prefer it on its own.

I wonder of the fact that you're using cobbed weed (and therefore already bioavailable) is the reason why there appears to be only negligible difference?

I made some coconut infused oil with a gram and a half of homemade, but 2nd quality hash yesterday, as a mushroom trip stopper; we both woke up stoned this morning.😂

revegeta666

Can't beat your own homemade olive oil.

And like you, I prefer it on its own.

I wonder of the fact that you're using cobbed weed (and therefore already bioavailable) is the reason why there appears to be only negligible difference?

I made some coconut infused oil with a gram and a half of homemade, but 2nd quality hash yesterday, as a mushroom trip stopper; we both woke up stoned this morning.😂
No you can't beat homemade oil. The olive oil they sell here in Spain at the supermarket is trash, so I can't imagine how bad the oil that gets sent abroad must be. We make our oil in the only olive oil mill left in the province that uses only mechanical processes. The difference is unbelievable and makes the long drive well worth it.

I have made oil with cobbed, uncobbed, decarbed and non decarbed weed and if/when there's a small difference, you just eat more of it 🤣 its hardly a problem as long as it was heated long enough.

Was your hash from the PCKs by any chance? 😃

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
No you can't beat homemade oil. The olive oil they sell here in Spain at the supermarket is trash, so I can't imagine how bad the oil that gets sent abroad must be.

I have made oil with cobbed, uncobbed, decarbed and non decarbed weed and if/when there's a small difference, you just eat more of it 🤣 its hardly a problem as long as it was heated long enough.

If you think the pull in the supermarkets here is bad, then you should try the shit they sell in the UK; absolute crap.

We no longer make our own, but get given enough by 2 or 3 neighbours. I'll leave an that stick waving to the youngsters. 😂

No, the PCK is being saved for making tincture!, along with the MLI x PCK.
In fact, I'm picking up the 195 proof booze tomorrow!
The hash was made from 2 years worth of mixed Sativa trim, that had been sitting in the freezer doing nothing.

I'm also thinking of making some tincture from one of my more racy cobs to.

Cuddles

No you can't beat homemade oil. The olive oil they sell here in Spain at the supermarket is trash, so I can't imagine how bad the oil that gets sent abroad must be. We make our oil in the only olive oil mill left in the province that uses only mechanical processes. The difference is unbelievable and makes the long drive well worth it.

So you´re in Spain :) I´ve bought olive oil from this place in the past: https://www.aceitedelasvaldesas.com/
do you happen to know it? They grow their own trees and make the oil too.

But if you have the possibility of making your very own - wow. There´s nothing more delicious than fresh and unfiltered olive oil - yum!

You´re right about the olive oil we get in the shops over here - it really is bollocks by comparison and it is (well) known that they´re not 100% clean as it were.

BUT the prices have gone through the roof anyway! I always get the cheapest discount oil and even though it still is the cheapest in the supermarket the price has gone from under 4 EUR to about 8 or 9 EUR. unbelievable.

This is why I´m trying to scrape some money together over the next few months to order from Spain again. Even when I have to pay for the shipping it works out almost the same as the crappy stuff .

revegeta666

So you´re in Spain :) I´ve bought olive oil from this place in the past: https://www.aceitedelasvaldesas.com/

But if you have the possibility of making your very own - wow. There´s nothing more delicious than fresh and unfiltered olive oil - yum!

You´re right about the olive oil we get in the shops over here - it really is bollocks by comparison and it is (well) known that they´re not 100% clean as it were.

BUT the prices have gone through the roof anyway! I always get the cheapest discount oil and even though it still is the cheapest in the supermarket the price has gone from under 4 EUR to about 8 or 9 EUR. unbelievable.

This is why I´m trying to scrape some money together over the next few months to order from Spain again. Even when I have to pay for the shipping it works out almost the same as the crappy stuff .

I haven't heard of this company, but from the website it looks very legit (y) No pesticides. That's unthinkable in the commercial oil industry. One of the varieties they use is Arbequina which is my favourite. These are my Arbequina trees.
IMG_20231026_100340.jpg

Olives are really small but their oil is sweet and dense.
IMG_20231103_082028.jpg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity

Just had a quick look; no I don't know it, but that seems a`reasonable price these days.
Until a couple of years ago, oil from the local mill was 5€ /l and organic about 7€.
Recently it's gone through the roof and is fetching 10€ for organic single estate oil.

Harvesting the trees is hard but rewarding work. Good fun if there's a few friends doing it together and someone's putting on a good dinner at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts