What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome caused by

G

I love bro science. It helps me identify with the common church going, doctor visiting American. It's a nice fantasy to believe an expert on unknowns is filling us in for our best interest.

So back when I was young and stupid, I noticed one day my bones were feeling kinda airy after smoking a joint. Turns out it's not just me: Cannabis users on average have 5% lower bone density than non users. I immediately knew this was because of elevated phosphorus in the blood, because science is very straightforward like that.

So I got my blood tested.. Not really. But I read online that ALL Cannabis users actually have LOW phosphorus in the blood. Well that doesn't make sense. How am I supposed to blame bone density on unflushed cannabis if everyone actually has low levels of phos in the blood after smoking?

We'll I'm determined by now to blame someone for something, I'm American after all. If I can't blame bone loss on unflushed weed,then can we at least figure out what shady grow practice is causing this drop in serum phos across the board for cannabis smokers?

Baking soda. Sodium bicarbonate.

Respiratory alkalosis is caused by smoking baking soda. The high ph in the blood is causing minerals to redistribute in the body. And get this: every single reported case of CHS comes with respiratory alkalosis. Therefore: baking soda causes CHS.

I'm probably going to get a job now, running a cannabis lab for the state of California. They'll probably mandate a state villicus position to oversee all legal operations. My qualifications are as legit as they come in this industry. My bro science is on top game.

Amynamous

Certain sodas contain phosphoric acid, which has been linked to tooth decay(along with sugar).
Also, bone density is correlated with physical activity.
can you explain the relationship between CHS in the thread title and bone density? I don’t understand the connection.

moose eater

I (my body) defy both scenarios; I have very dense bones, have smoked ganja for decades upon decades, and am only seasonally active. I think diet and genetics have a LOT to do with the subject at hand.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I don't get the connection between the thread title and content of first post either?

After 40+ years with cannabis my bone density is very good. I had it tested last year. My diet and exercise have always been pretty good.

As far as cannabis hyperemesis syndrom goes, the only time I've ever thrown up after cannabis use (where alcohol as not a factor) was when I smoked a friends cannabis after work. I usually smoke my own so my conclusion was that there was something about this commercially produced cannabis that didn't agree with me.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I don't get the connection between the thread title and content of first post either?

After 40+ years with cannabis my bone density is very good. I had it tested last year. My diet and exercise have always been pretty good.

As far as cannabis hyperemesis syndrom goes, the only time I've ever thrown up after cannabis use (where alcohol as not a factor) was when I smoked a friends cannabis after work. I usually smoke my own so my conclusion was that there was something about this commercially produced cannabis that didn't agree with me.

Neither did I :tiphat:

Cvh

Supermod
Buttholocaust , why did you use an irrelevant subject for the title of your thread? ​​​​​You trying to clickbait or something?
Can you in the future use appropriate and corresponding titles? Thank you.

GrowingHigher

This is a stupid thread. It's both click-bait, not at all what the title is, and out of context conspiracy ramblings.

Also the paper you are talking about correlates lower bone density with lowered BMI. Fat people have more dense bones, probably as a result of the increased weight strain. Weight lifting can also increase bone density.

One side of that out of context sounds a lot worse than it actually is. You could also say it this way: Cannabis users tend to have have lower BMIs than non-users.

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(16)30851-8/abstract

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts