What's new

cannabis/humulus hybrids

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Seeds aren't representative of any grafted plant; there is never genetic sharing. Which also means that the graft does not take on the physical appearance of the rootstock.

They still don't say anything about hops on their PAC page. The non-sativa species mentioned is ruderalis. They themselves at a site that they apparently control make none of the claims mentioned in this thread.

I've seen and smelled enough oddity to know that I haven't seen and smelled it all, and colchicine can do anything.

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
indeed quite interesting someone got a link/url for where buy the hybrides ore Humulus Japonicus. seeds
(meabey i gone test it if they can be cross breed someoneknow why he use Humulus Japonicus meabey a other hop well be beter?)

found a nother pictures of so called hop cross from KalySeeds ,,SWAG_Original they sure look a lot like Duckfoot !!(meabey the duckfoot is hop hybride?)
picture.php

sorry for bad english
peace LBH

Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
They still don't say anything about hops on their PAC page. The non-sativa species mentioned is ruderalis. They themselves at a site that they apparently control make none of the claims mentioned in this thread.

Then don't stick to their own website, and rather search for Legitimo strain.

Irie !

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
so why make a plant with webbed leaf using Humulus Japonicus. when u can just purchase an already webbed plant on the internet ,,
that looks exactly the same ,
sounds pretty backwards and unlikely ...

and no ducksfoot is not a hybrid with Humulus Japonicus, its just cannabis with an unusual leaf trait ,

heres some pictures , just so you can see the likeness ,
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

now check their picture of the mature plant at website , its the same stuff , and occurs in cannabis without the addition of hops ,
garden path anyone???

WilliamC87

man...i dont wanna sound like a noob but holy....i never even seens anything like this till now....ive heard alot of speculation but never even seen anything like shown above...lol

TonyGreenHand

Plants with no serrations are rare but do occur in cannabis.

Recently I crossed a Purple Berry BX with a Vitamin D male, about 10% of those seeds showed no serrations on their leaves. I believe this trait came from the purple berry side of the cross as I have seen it to a lesser extent in other purple berry crosses. They look like peppers kind of.

Pictures:
Purple Berry X Vitamin D "Roxanne"
Roxanneupdate10-29-12mut1top.jpg

Purple Berry X Trainwreck Bx
PB032756.jpg

I do not know about the OP, but I wanted to clear that up.

Manivelle

Veteran
so why make a plant with webbed leaf using Humulus Japonicus. when u can just purchase an already webbed plant on the internet ,,
to have plants that doesn't taste like ducksfoot but haze ,widow ..... and show webbed leaves without having breeding it to duckfoot
or just to do it and learn . or just for the fun .

i understand your doubt but i my opinion the only way to know the truth (if kaly plants are really diifferent) is to grow some .

and who knows where the webbed leaves come from ? where and when it appears for the first time ?
seeing the similiraties between duck and those hibrids (if they are !! :) ) he perhaps have found an answer.

and there is the dizzy weed too .........

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If hops and canna could be interbred then the results could be of high commercial value to the brewing industry , purely from a freestanding machine harvestable crop that did not require a stucture to climb or labour to harvest.

As soon as the chromosome numbers were confirmed a century ago it would have been an obvious experiment , the history of hops is poorly documented online so it may have been explored , most company research never becomes public domain and is lost.

Modern lab techniques might work , its been rehashed on canna forums over the years with no credible results.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
to have plants that doesn't taste like ducksfoot but haze ,widow ..... and show webbed leaves without having breeding it to duckfoot
or just to do it and learn . or just for the fun .

i understand your doubt but i my opinion the only way to know the truth (if kaly plants are really diifferent) is to grow some .

and who knows where the webbed leaves come from ? where and when it appears for the first time ?
seeing the similiraties between duck and those hibrids (if they are !! :) ) he perhaps have found an answer.

and there is the dizzy weed too .........
you could make a webbed leaf variety of anything you like really,
a bit of playing round will get you there ,
check out the plant a fellow has found in sams mixed seeds lately,
its just the same as a ducksfoot plant ,
but we assume totally unrelated ,
it sure isnt related to hops ...

webbed leaf plants have been found all over the place,
cross 2 together and you have webbed leaf progeny ,
its not rocket science ,
you can see why i would question a variety that is just like the webbed ones we know already but has a fairy tale like story to go along with it ,
from what i recall reading you will not get any thc by grafting hops and cannabis ... if anyone has new information , id love to hear about it ..

webbed leaf plants are naturally occuring in cannabis ,
unusual , and probably rare , but it happens ...

Manivelle

Veteran
ok we will see :) ...

and sam possibly use some hawaian genetics in his works .
and how to be sure that webbed leaf plants naturally occurs in cannabis ?
i can't prove it .

ps: the guy didn't answer to my emails ....

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
ok we will see :) ...

and sam possibly use some hawaian genetics in his works .
and how to be sure that webbed leaf plants naturally occurs in cannabis ?
i can't prove it .

ps: the guy didn't answer to my emails ....

ill happily send some of mine mani so you can do a bit of a side by side if you like ..

i did search as much as i could find about webbed leaf cannabis when i first saw ducksfoot ,
sam said he saw some when they were playing around with reversing ,
chimera said he had heard of some in america ,
and then a whole bunch of guys popped up with them in hawaii,
ive since heard of it in southern australia ..

i have seen some indicas and hybrids show webbing on the leaf, but they didnt stay webbed ,
i have some now that are showing it , totally unrelated to ducksfoot ..
its just a leaf mutation ...

anyhow pointless for us to speculate about his seeds till we speak to him i think , if we can get some dialog that is ...

Manivelle

Veteran
ill happily send some of mine mani so you can do a bit of a side by side if you like ..
and i'll happily grow them don . i'm waiting for some since so much time ... :) thanks for the offer
the one i grew , had YELLOW leaves all along the grow without affecting plant development. it was incredible . yellow buds , pinks pistils,webbed leaves et an amazing smell taste and effects.
the first year i popped some of those seeds i thank they were poor vigor ,mutant plant and cutted them .... :wallbash:
the second years i didn't do the mistake :) .

i did search as much as i could find about webbed leaf cannabis when i first saw ducksfoot ,
sam said he saw some when they were playing around with reversing ,
chimera said he had heard of some in america ,
and then a whole bunch of guys popped up with them in hawaii,
ive since heard of it in southern australia ..

i have seen some indicas and hybrids show webbing on the leaf, but they didnt stay webbed ,
i have some now that are showing it , totally unrelated to ducksfoot ..
its just a leaf mutation ...
yes it can be a mutation .i agree
but it can also be due to something else . plants are so amazing :) .

Last edited:

G.O. Joe

Veteran
With much of Cannabis and Humulus genes being nearly identical, more than enough to definitively place the two together botanically, it shouldn't be surprising to find hop-like plants possible in certain gene pools, or maybe hidden in all pot only needing some freak mutation to be expressed. That's the only way you're going to get seeds that give you hop-ish plants.

If anyone wants to give the grafting a try, the article where it was done is found:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5418356&postcount=20

igrowone

Veteran
plants and their botanic families/genetics is an interesting story in its own right
when hops and cannabis were placed in their groups, there were no genetic tests, i.e. plants that resembled each other by certain traits were put together
practically all plants were classified this way
i know some genetic mapping has been done that showed many 'related' plants weren't really related at all
perhaps a more educated ic mag'er can expound on the topic
though hops and cannabis may be fairly close with the grafting compatibility, still, i wonder if other plants are out there that may graft even better with cannabis

DemonPigeon

Veteran
I've got an order placed with them myself, I came across them about a month ago and though 15 euro for 10 auto seeds would be worth the chance of them being rubbish, I was put off by that hops bullshit and their apparently stunted growth, I'd have to say the ducks I've seen look much better than the Kalyseeds, I'd ideally like to get both and some other webs to compare the leaf forms, but no real luck other than Kalyseeds which seem to have a slightly dubious genetic origin, I saw what purported to be a diary showing the apparent "creation" of the hybrid through grafting which just made me want to send them my copy of Marijuana Botany with a sticky note marking out the sections on grafting and how it's not the same as crossbreeding

DemonPigeon

Veteran
Having tried to grow them out can I say they are some of the worst seeds I've ever seen :-( "Pintura Ruderalis" means painted rubbish and it's a pretty accurate description if the seeds I got are typical, not at all vigorous, half of mine never formed proper roots and just got increasingly spindly whatever me (or my friend I gave a couple to tried.

Very dissapointing and not at all hop like

S

sensimilla13

A basic understanding of biology would go a loooong way to settling this issue...hops and cannabis are incompatible...they are taking advantage of people who are unaware of such things.

Sorry, this is complete bullshit...a scam...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
looks just like the old ducksfoot did in flower when grown indoors ,
be good if they did some work instead of inventing crazy stories ...

to me that say s alot about the company offereng this variety ,
they lie to their customers , and as a result could not be trusted as far as they could be thrown ...
they are scammers ...