What's new

Cannabis Grow Lighting Myths and FAQs with Dr. Bruce Bugbee

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I have struggled a bit with understanding lighting. I found this clip recently that I thought was excellent from the University of Utah.

Explains PAR, PPFD, Daily Light Integral DLI. Also how to measure the efficiency of a light. Goes through Light spectrum, red far red, UV etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID9rE5JewVg

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
REMEMBER!! (please)
-
-
-
-
His experiments are formed from goals related to growing hemp for industrial purposes, which are *not* for premium smokable flower production. It's the realm where super sub-par, leafy and fluffy flowers are normal. :tiphat:

Horselover Fat

Veteran
REMEMBER!! (please)
-
-
-
-
His experiments are formed from goals related to growing hemp for industrial purposes, which are *not* for premium smokable flower production. It's the realm where super sub-par, leafy and fluffy flowers are normal. :tiphat:

I think they are quite interested in CBD production, but please do share if you know of more relevant research. Besides, this doesn't look that bad to me
IMG_2465-1024x613.jpg

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Douglas.Curtis., I would be interested in what you think be says that can't be applied to high thc cannabis.

I learned a lot about lighting in general and got some information that I can directly apply to my growing.

Thanks for the other video Horselover Fat. I have been meaning to come back and comment on them both. Will do that another day when I have more time.:tiphat: