What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Genetic Observations

acespicoli

This goes along with a project im working on specific goals it will seem a little random maybe
If the posts interest you feel free to join in and discuss findings
1706759821183.png

Cannabis Cannabinoid Res. August 2022; 7(4): 409–414.
Published online 2022 Aug 9. doi: 10.1089/can.2020.0172
PMCID: PMC9418367
PMID: 34061660

Cannabis Varieties Can Be Distinguished by Achene Shape Using Geometric Morphometrics​

1706759234726.png

If the article is found will link it here how one dwarf plant plant was found in 1000s of tall SORGHUM
That is the basis of all dwarf plants grown today... maybe its changed but the point remains the same

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
This goes along with a project im working on specific goals it will seem a little random maybe
If the posts interest you feel free to join in and discuss findings
View attachment 18953658

Cannabis Cannabinoid Res. August 2022; 7(4): 409–414.
Published online 2022 Aug 9. doi: 10.1089/can.2020.0172
PMCID: PMC9418367
PMID: 34061660

Cannabis Varieties Can Be Distinguished by Achene Shape Using Geometric Morphometrics​

View attachment 18953655
If the article is found will link it here how one dwarf plant plant was found in 1000s of tall SORGHUM
That is the basis of all dwarf plants grown today... maybe its changed but the point remains the same
Thank you, friend. Very interesting.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh man, just when I thought I was about to get some time to myself, I have more reading to do :bigeye:. Thanks man, must admit I'm getting a little lazy with this stuff these days. Anything outside of what I can practically put into practice myself seems a little heavy going now. But I do like to "look" clever, so I'll have a read and pop some thoughts in at some point. Just adding a comment to tag the thread for now.
Always a pleasure perusing your posts.

DandAbc

Per the dwarf germplasm article: "oilseed cultivars are grown at an average of about 125 plants per square metre".

Converting roughly that's 11 per sq foot?! Seems really dense to me.

acespicoli

Per the dwarf germplasm article: "oilseed cultivars are grown at an average of about 125 plants per square metre".

Converting roughly that's 11 per sq foot?! Seems really dense to me.
1707102894789.png

Finola sklizen 1 | Photo Kanebos | Flickr

FINOLA will self thin to an optimal density, and it is better to have this crop compete with itself, rather than weeds. First time farmers should consider a sowing density between 30-35 kg/ha.

Planting Seed​

1707103423126.png
Finola!
https://finola.fi › planting-seed

Our record yield for this variety is 3200 kg/hectare of clean, dried grain on a 100 hectare plot near latitude 50, under irrigation with conventional farming ...

Now we just need to convert seed/kg meter/ha but yeah little tight not your usual pine trees or candella
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

acespicoli

Whoa, do you have a side shot of that blue indica? Now I'm thinking about brussel sprouts lol.
I could ask the young man that grew it not sure what the outcome was :biglaugh:
Was quite unique for internode length flouros sometimes allow similiar
As for a unique dwarf germplasm :thinking: not sure it qualifies ?
Runts can grow to be interesting specimens...

acespicoli

The seeds off some of those are as big as ackorns.
Thats great Nevil said walnuts 😄 some of them are pretty damn XL
need to get some seed photos up im slacking :smoke:

This one in the picture and just found out is the Guiness Book World Record ...
Top Left
Although im sure larger have and will be grown 🤷‍♂️
The World's Tallest Cannabis Plant Though the Guinness World Records once again refused to verify the achievement, on a special day in September 2021, the county department of agriculture certified that a single hemp plant topped out at an amazing 24 feet and 1 inch (over 7.3m)!Dec 3, 2023
1708528974720.png

Last edited: