What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cannabis for hiccups?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i'm sure everyone here has had the hiccups. irritating little SOBs, aren't they? now, think of how bad they suck after 2 or 3 days? like that? i bet not. now, consider having them for 11 weeks straight. yeah, twisted my guts into a knot too. i suffered through an 11 week bout of them before a doctor lowered herself to actually HELP me instead of investigating the hell i was trapped in. they got to coming so fast that breathing was difficult. eating was impossible. 8, 10, 20 in a row & throw up. which was nice, actually, because throwing up killed the nerve impulses that cause hiccups for a little while. this last bout of hiccups was a week into it, and i hit my youngest boys bong . i never do that, bongs fucking kill me. well, i ripped a big hit, choked, nearly puked, and drooled for a few minutes before i realized my hiccups were gone! well worth it, too, every drop that i drooled...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the mrs thinks is so cute when she gets the hiccups
so cute
i cant imagine having them for more than a few minutes! let alone days my man
glad you are better
sometimes i get a little choky after my bong hits too and spit loogies
it just means the chronic is strong!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Glad they went away. My daughter gets some long lasting hiccups. She gave up trying to fix them by the time she was in middle school. Kinda frustrates me that she doesn't even try getting rid of them. I'm sure it frustrates her even worse.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Glad they went away. My daughter gets some long lasting hiccups. She gave up trying to fix them by the time she was in middle school. Kinda frustrates me that she doesn't even try getting rid of them. I'm sure it frustrates her even worse.
i'm positive that mine are triggered by a horrible diet. been keeping track (sort of :shucks: ) and my bad bouts have all been after binges of shit i shouldn't eat. chili, jalapenos, barbecue chips, tacos, spicy stuff, you know? i'm having probs with acid reflux and i think the irritation to my throat and assorted plumbing therein is my main issue. like most problems, most of mine are self-inflicted, i suspect. :shucks::dunno::snap out of it:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
When folks are allergic to "stuff" my ex wife was. Go off what you mentioned for 6 weeks. Re introduce one at a time and wait for it, the operative word here "should" find the guilty culprit among the lot :)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i think the issue is my "binge" method of eating. i'll go for weeks and eat mostly bland crap, then do a gainer off of the back of the wagon & eat stuff that would cripple a goat...just my take on it...

Blue Rhino

The worst I had them was for 3 1/2 days. The worst part is I was also sick AF from something. That was probably the most hellish 5 days in my life. Took me another 2-3 days just to recover. I can't imagine having the hiccups for 11 weeks though. That's friggin' brutal.

Hope you never go through that again.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I had shoulder surgery a number of years back and the nerve block hit my phrenic nerve and damaged it. I started hiccups the next day and it went for three or four days before I was prescribed thorazine. Thorazine worked but I have since kept a prescription of baclofen which is more effective with fewer side effects, @armedoldhippy .

11 weeks ... oof!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Buzz, thorazine is what my doctor finally gave me to end my 11 week bout. i was in her office and she said "well, i can't figure out what's causing them. i guess i'll have to write you a prescription to stop them..." i was so mad, i could have killed her! "you mean that there is a pill that would have stopped them?" i asked. "sure" she told me "but i wanted to know what was causing them." i went way the fuck off on her, using me as a damn guinea pig for 11 weeks. never went back...:cuss:

Latest posts

Latest posts