What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis cures psoriasis (with pics)

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Sorry about your psoriasis buddy. What's disgusting is dermatologists who won't tell you that marijuana can help skin conditions because it conflicts with their interests. When confronting doctors about cannabis, they become real defensive...this doctor guy had the nerve to tell me once that he doesn't suggest "illegal drugs", yet the people he works for are worse illegal drug dealers in the planet.

doctors suffer from prohibition just as much as us.
that is why you dont get a prescription in med states you get a recommendation. a doc in a non med state could loose his license quick fast and in a hurry for even mentioning a sch 1

Snype

Veteran
I had Eczema on my legs for the last 3-4 years. I made some hash oil and spread it on my legs with no coconut oil at all and all my Eczema is gone! I should have taken pictures but I didn't think this would work. I'm going to get some coconut oil to mix my hash oil with to use as a lotion.

Rolldaddy

What's up folks? There are several newer treatments out there for psoriasis that do work. I had a good abount of it on my arms and legs for 10 years plus and over the last 6 months 99 percent of it is gone. If rubbing hash or bud on your skin is helping then god bless, but there many new treatments out there worth trying including cannabis. But if whatever anyone has tried isn't working. It's worth trying something else

Rolldaddy

I changed the soap I was using from one that was drying my skin to one that moisterizes it. My dermatologist said to only wash infected areas once a day at the most. After each shower emidiatly apply moisterizer on all my skin. For 3 weeks I used a spray called clobex twice a day on my patches. Then an hour after the clobex use another prescription moisterizer.

Above is what I did for 3 weeks. I still use the new brand of soap, moisterizer after each shower. Since then I've used the prescription moisterizer a few times when I've seen a new psoriasis patch coming out and that has pretty much kept everything away.

Rolldaddy

Psoriasis sucks but was something I just got used to. I respect smalphy and anyone else using natural remedies. whatever works for anyone more power to them. There is a dermatologist in my family who insisted there are several new treatments available and that I try one. I have been on this thread for a while now so I just wanted to share my experience and to let the good folks here know that there are several alternatives available nowadays that actually work keeping psoriasis at bay.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
do not let ANYONE convince you to take "soriatane" that shit is the devil!!!

one dose and you cant have kids for like 3 years. i mean you can but they will probably have flippers..
the systemic drugs are fucking SCARY!!! i swear by the xtrac laser. sunburn kills psoriasis!!!

Enchantre

My psoriasis and excema get worse if I eat grains, legumes, or PUFAs. It is a direct result of intestinal inflammation.

When I eat very clean (grass-fed meat, raw grass-fed dairy, organic vegetables, coconut oil, and sweet potatoes) I have no pustules, no scaley spots, and no dandruff.

When I do have an outbreak (because, face it, no one is perfect), I find that some MMJ infused skin cream and a session of low-temp vaporizing will clear it up.

I also have a tendency to rosacea (because, really, my life isn't hard enough), which I read may be related to the mites that live in hair follicles. Tea tree oil, mixed into my MMJ cream, and massaged into my hairline, brows, and along the sides of my nose, has worked pretty well to reduce that problem. It's a bit harsh on my delicate skin around my eyes, so I have to be very careful. I also use a shampoo that includes tea tree oil, which has cut way, way back on the scalp flaking, and the masses of extra cells (greasy dandruff) I used to get.

I'm currently working on some ugly moles on my ankle with MMJ cream. :)

katethegreat

recipe

recipe

hi there -
can you explain what decarb means? also what is a fan leaf? and will this work with regular cannabis?
i have scalp psoriasis and want to try this out?
thanks!

I have had psoriasis for 20 years until I tried using a topical cannabis extract this week, and it is almost fully healed within 3 days. I am truly so shocked and elated to see how well this has worked. I stopped treating it years ago when I found out how bad the steroid creams were, and I was never willing to try the self injected medication that is the leading treatment on the market now, because of the side effects like tuberculosis and lymphoma that are actually quite common with them. Instead, I made bubble hash out of fan leaves and mixed it with coconut oil, and applied it twice daily.

Here are pics of my left knee, first one is untreated and the second one is on the morning of my third day of treatment, before that days first treatment.
View Image
View Image

As you can see, the dry scaly plaques are gone, and only slight redness remains, and that seems to be shrinking rapidly. I will continue to update this thread with my progress.

S

Sat X RB

hi there -
can you explain what decarb means? also what is a fan leaf? and will this work with regular cannabis?
i have scalp psoriasis and want to try this out?
thanks!

'decarb' means 'decarboxylated'. but don't ask me what that word means ... perhaps you'll find it in the search facility at the top of yr page.

a 'fan leaf' is one of the large leaves on a cannabis plant. they are VERY low in oil.

icmag member 'Enchantre' has posted a scalp cream remedy in the post above yours.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
a girl i worked with had psoriasis but not always it came on after a few yrs of working her job,and after she left the job which was very stressful within 3 weeks it went away .she said her doctor was amazed.
it may have been a different kind of [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]psoriasis if there is such a thing.

[/FONT]

Enchantre

a girl i worked with had psoriasis but not always it came on after a few yrs of working her job,and after she left the job which was very stressful within 3 weeks it went away .she said her doctor was amazed.
it may have been a different kind of [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]psoriasis if there is such a thing.

[/FONT]

Stress is a major source of systemic inflammation. Leaving may have actually saved her life, especially if it was stressful enough to trigger psoriasis.

T

trem0lo

Hey guys, not sure if this has been mentioned, but I take grapefruit seed oil internally (make sure you get the citricidal kind) for my psoriasis. It got pretty bad for awhile (felt like my scalp was peeling off) and this stuff keeps it at bay like a charm. I still have some flaking but now I don't want to tear my hair out, and it's very manageable.

green_card

I know this is a late post on an aging thread, but just in case someone is out there...MMJ has helped with so many things it's unreal. I have been living with psoriasis for over a year and am shocked to see this remedy being so successful - even if it only stops the itch, that at least stops how rapidly it can spread.

Does anyone have a recipe for this topical ointment? Or is this a blend I can pick up?

S

Sat X RB

Green Card ... I think Schmalfy's initial post says what recipe he used.

B

BrnCow

A friend suggested Colloidal Silver spray...I tried it and it does help but quickly returns if you slack off. I also mixed some Moist brand Hemp moisture lotion, some Synergy cannabis extract and some cs and it helps but a person might need to do it 5 times a day for good results...I have a rough case of plaques...

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
A friend suggested Colloidal Silver spray...I tried it and it does help but quickly returns if you slack off. I also mixed some Moist brand Hemp moisture lotion, some Synergy cannabis extract and some cs and it helps but a person might need to do it 5 times a day for good results...I have a rough case of plaques...
try occlusion
apply the lotion to the effected area and wrap in saran wrap.
my patches are only on the soles of my feet. so i wrap and throw a sock on before bed.

Jabba

My experience

My experience

We're all victims of our own bias and the limitations of our own insights, so with a nod to humility first, here are my thoughts as a psoriasis sufferer and simpson oil user.

It is not the oil in it that makes it effective. I have made simpson oil using isopropyl alcohol and applied it before the solvent had completely evaporated. It dried my skin out, but the plaques and redness still disappeared. If jojo oil fixed your problems ginge then I doubt you has psoriasis, you just had dry skin and you were probably misdiagnosed imo.

From the research I've done it seems like many canabinoids could be having an effect, but one big anti-inflammatory one is THC-a. If you heat your preparation beyond 80 degrees C at any point you will decarboxilate your oil and turn all that THC-a into THC. I would argue that this is not a good thing and the acidic forms are the reason Simpson oil can be so effective.

In my most recent mix I used warm water from the kettle in a water bath to evaporate the 99.9% isopropyl solvent without heating over 80 degrees. It took about 4 hours and required at least 6 water changes and a fan pointing at it (done outside obv) to evap 3 litres of solvent down to a sticky, jet-black oil. It's really mesmerising and beautiful to play with!

I used the trim and some bud from 6 different varieties to give me broad range and they were all harvested a little early to increase the canabinoid profile as wide as I could.

This oil is very thick and tar-like after all the alcohol has evaporated (you can also used naptha); although it never quite dries down to a squidgy hash and you can't handle it without making a massive mess. It is the blackest and shiniest and oiliest of any extract I have made - and I have tried everything from dry ice and bubble bags to butane.

Imho this works better than any of the others because it has not been decarb'd and the acidic form has other properties. N.B It does contain some non-acidic forms as half the trim was 4 months old and will have decarboxilated naturally over time, so I think this batch has the best of both worlds.

Anyway, it isn't a cure because you have to keep applying it or eating it to stay symptom free, but it is safer and much better than anything you can buy and it is free (well a few bucks for the solvent, but it's a lot cheaper than any medication).

I take it orally (oo err misses) and apply topically every day and I have no redness or itching anywhere. I do have muddy looking elbows and a glazed look of contentment though because im always eating the shit and rubbing it on.

Oh and it also seems to remove skin tags and a couple of moles that I was worried about disappeared within a few weeks of starting a daily regime.

I just felt like I ought to share since I have a fair amount of experience with this.

Oh and can anyone recommend some higher CBD strains that are pleasant to smoke, grow too?

Good luck fellow suffers. Anyone calling into question the efficacy of cannabis oil is guaranteed to be an idiot, because all he can know is the limit of his own knowledge. If he's not willing to learn with an open-mind from people sharing their thoughts, then chances are he never was and never will be. =)