What's new

cannabis cup 08'

Queso

www.citymundo.nl have some great apartments that are smoke free.. also the staff are very helpful, and if you search the website, you can really find something for you..

also if you want a 5 star hotel.. try the grand sofitel demeure amsterdam.. very smoker friendly and top notch hotel.. great location too... i answered my door with a j in my mouth most of the time.. ordering up 20 euro hamburgers and some heinekens... that didnt last very long... as the wallet didnt apreciate it very much.

also the NH amsterdam centre in the leidesplein is a nice hotel and smoker friendly as well... the cleaners even seperated my big roaches from my ash tray there... and left em for me to smoke at a later date.. lol

enjoy yourself..... and oh yeah.. i would suggest going for your b-day in september.. also check out a boat tour.. not one of them huge ass tourist trap boats... but a more private and relaxing boat ride through the canals of amsterdam... a wonderful company i can recommend is the paradis private boat tours.. its a tad expensive.. but holy fuck what a ride!! they were also smoker friendly and let me smoke some pretty big joints on board. also a self service bar on board.. i enjoyed 2 trips on the paradis... one at about 2 am and the other during a beautiful sunny afternoon... i highly recommend this for anyone going to amsterdam.. there is another place located at the boom chicago in the leidseplein... called the st nicholaas boat tours or something... its only a donation to go and they are out on the waters quite regularily..

hope you enjoy your b-day in the dam.. not much better than that

Mr B.

Capt. Crip said:
It would be best to go to a real cup as is being held by the admin of this site on 4/20..
It's called the ICMag grower/breeders cup...
Truly hard core growers and breeders entries in this cup...Not a buy your cup for the right price as you see with the HTCC...
If you really want to see top notch smoke then this would be your best bet...
If you like the touristy feel of the HTCC then thats OK too.
Just thought i would give you a heads up about a real contest where the best will be chosen for top honors...Not because of who spent the most on promotion...

Take care............................CC

I was thinking of going to the IC420 Cup my self this year to check out REAL cannabis.
I was at the HTCC that was in November and yes, you could see the money was more in the scenter.
This is the only time I have ever felt like a tourist in Amster after all those stays down there...
HTCC got most of my thumbs down for how they worked and aranged the whole thing.
But we bumped in to some very nice people and some good things that we found.
(Better to do it this year than never. Never know when cannabis get banned in Holland)

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
REZDOG said:
Any of Nol's Shops,ie. Wortel's in Rotterdam,et al.,are a Must Visit,always.

Damn right!!!Nol is first class and knows his grass and hash!
Spending some time there myself.....Haarlem is a more laidback city as well for those looking for a break from the hustle of the Dam...
20 minutes by train from central station....
Take care.....................................................................................CC

B

British_Bulldog

maverick said:
IMHO I will never go back to A'dam. Now I will go to other towns and try their coffeeshops out. The ones in A'dam have sucked the last 2 trips there. They acted like they were doing you some crapping favor selling you the trash they were calling pot. Try other places A'dam is not the only place to get high at. If you go somewhere else it will give the assholes in A'dam more time to be assholes to other people.

I couldn't have said it better myself, but take heart, good coffeeshop herb does exist in the Netherlands.

My primary recommendation is The Wall coffeeshop in Eindhoven......they've never let me down, and I have very high standards. They always have excellent quality herb (and hash too). I was smoking their "Diamond Haze" last week, and it was probably the best bud I've ever bought in a Dutch coffeeshop - perfectly formed, well grown, dried, cured, completely packed with trichomes and an absolute pleasure to smoke. 'cheaper than A'dam too, at 11 Euros a gram, and no bad attitude from the coffeeshop either. It was very strong too, and long lasting, so it definately gets a big thumbs up from me.

The "Da Chronic" sold in Lucky Time coffeeshop in Maastricht is also high grade:

Coffeeshop.free.uk website: Coffeeshop Lucky Time Maastricht:
Colin from USA.(living Belgium)
Sent 2 Jan 2008.
The best shop in Maastricht. They don't have a lot of choices of weed, but all of it is quality. "Da Chronic" is great and well grown."

but that's right at the bottom of the Netherlands and a bit out of the way......Eindhoven is only 90 minutes from Amsterdam Centraal.

I also smoked some Neville's Haze in coffeeshop Paradijs in Breda, that was nice too.

Try those shops and weed, and you'll see what I mean......and the difference compared to A'dam is like comparing apples and pears.

Peace

peter

GREAT VIBE

GREAT VIBE

True theres generaly better and cheaper weed in cofeeshops outside amsterdam as theres less overheads to operating outside amsterdam also less tourists some who unlike spoiled locals will aqccept any old crap Theres the odd shop that does good bud knocking about in amsterdam it just needs finding and afording. But fellows do you realy think the weed is the be all and end all of amsterdam at home i usualy smoke much better weed than is sold in the cofeeshops but i still return to the cc year after year more to see my friends and to enjoy the walk around imho the greatest city on earth with the freedom to smoke and buy weed in the great atmosphere that is amsterdam.
The only real gripes i have with the cc apart from the blatent past corruption is its in fucking november i know its the end of season for some outdoor growers but theres not much showing from them. mostly its to coincide with the hash making season which gives most of the participating amsterdam shops enough time to get there c-cup hash stash from the latest foreign arivals.

Kenny Lingus

NH hotel has been a very pleasant experience in Germany and Spain and I bet AMS NH hotel is great too. (Costs a little, but that's up to you.)

I'm happy my friends there can gimme a bed and a key ;o)

G

Queso said:
also the NH amsterdam centre in the leidesplein is a nice hotel and smoker friendly as well... the cleaners even seperated my big roaches from my ash tray there... and left em for me to smoke at a later date.. lol

Queso, That is absolutely CLASSIC.........! In all my forays there, I never expected this...

yES, the key to any successful Holland experience is to not flaunt the smoking, unless at a place where one can..... I have seen the Dutch to be actually rather intolerant to pot/hasj smoking. Most Nederlanders do not puff on Da Kine.

So, no joints is a good idea, indoors. Discretion regarding volume of smoke exhaled. Training in holding one-hits, or bong rips is helpful.

No need to trip too hard on it, though, just be low-key....

I think after deliberation, thinking instead as a person who has never been - avoiding the Cup would be best, it is a zoo, for sure.... Much mellower in Sept, as Rez sez. I cease to share joints, etc. - Due to the illnesses - but am quite keen to offer a solo personal joint to someone instead. Did not get sick last year.

Summer can be a little bit crowded, and it would be wise to wait for the Euro to cool off, anyways. Which may - or may not happen, in relation to the You - Ess- Doll-Hair.....

And keeping one's voice down, isn't a bad idea. It is sorta fun to blend in.

B

Bigtimer7

ANyone stay at Park Hotel and konw bout location?

3*** i believe but it looks nice. I booked for nov 15-20 so coffee shop tips are ALWAYS appreciated. No turning back now! Better pack a rain coat! Cold weather?

Well, uh, the Cups don't start to the following week...
Nice place, good location.
Five minute walk to the Melkweg for Cup pm.To get to Power Zone, Can catch a tram eastbound(6, 7, 10) which will get you to a Metro stop just across the Amstel. Get on Metro to the Zone.
Park is at bottom of Leidseplein, so you can stagger back to your room at night. Lots of cofeeshops near you. Also, try to go down Overtoom to Kashmir coffeeshop.
VERY close to Rijks Museum and Van Gogh, and Noon coffeeshop.
Can catch tram at Leidseplein to Dam Square, or just about anywhere, like cofeeshops Kadinsky, HGF, Grey Area,Amnesia, etc, or Haarlemerstraat for Barneys, Floyd, Greem House,etc.
Since new smoking laws, might want to contact them and ask.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i used to live in Amsterdam and if you want my 2p.......go to the HTCC !!.....see everything......notice how icmag is 2 years ahead,.....

loads of peeps grow weed on pre order for HTCC!!....Amsterdam is totaly dry for good weed all year....FACT!!.....peeps work hard if they want to win a cup....it has to be a fully focused effort....knowone is focused

Soma finds it easy to focus....he usaly wins when he wants,if you ask me..

Greenhouse dont know what to focus on...lol

DNA ...cant win...lol.....chocolope should have won something decent by now....the cut used in 06 was awsome, the new one is poo

its stupid....

Haarlem and willy`s is a must

RESPECT ....Rez....Capt.Crip...

Last edited:

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
REZDOG said:
Any of Nol's Shops,ie. Wortel's in Rotterdam,et al.,are a Must Visit,always.

A Willie Wortel's in Rotterdam? Since when? I've only heard of the 3 in Haarlem and one of those had to close down, last I heard. Peace.

franco.gh

Peace, love and THC
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wanna stay in style during the Cup?
Smoking apartments, VIP all the way!

advertnew.jpg

http://living.greenhouse.tm

:rasta:

joaquin386

E275 yep luxury for the same price I can stay in the The Grand Amsterdam Sofitel or in the NH Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky Ámsterdam which are right in the Dam Square.

Last edited:
B

baccas125

Yes at 275 Euro a night you can rent a 2 bedroom apt anywhere in the city threw places like Citymundo. I have used there services before and have never had a problem.

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
Anyone know if with the JUDGE PASS i have the possibility of smoke the weeds and hash that are in competition???