What's new

KozyKoz

Hey guys I am looking for some advice on what I can do I just noticed that I have cannabis aphids on the underside of quite a few of my leaves it Hass to be new because I have rigorously look at my plant every day. I have fat juicy buds and I’m probably two weeks away from harvest what can I do??

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Don't use soap or insecticide. You can try to knock them off with a jet spray of plain water and dislodge them with the water. When they fall off the plant they can't get back on it. Aphids love to get a drink off a plant when it's super dry outdoors. 😎

Koondense

Veteran
If you're near harvest just leave them to finish and remove as much aphids manually every day. It's the most you can do without endangering the harvest, also water is not good to use as can stay trapped and start bud rot.
Good luck

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The first sign that you have aphids is a sticky substance coating that will shine on a leaf. Now if you are around a big pecan tree the honeydew can blow in and hit your pot plants and look like you have an infestation when you don't. Another significant tree that gets hit by aphids is a crepe myrtle tree. It's tough to see some aphids; the only way you know they are there is by the honeydew. 😎

Aphids are tiny (adults are under 1/4-inch), and often nearly invisible to the naked eye. Various species can appear white, black, brown, gray, yellow, light green, or even pink! Some may have a waxy or woolly coating. google

KozyKoz

Don't use soap or insecticide. You can try to knock them off with a jet spray of plain water and dislodge them with the water. When they fall off the plant they can't get back on it. Aphids love to get a drink off a plant when it's super dry outdoors. 😎
Ok I read that it was a sign of over watering and damp conditions? Did you mean dry outdoors like around my plant or when my plant is dry

KozyKoz

What I saw actually were little tiny black flies and all down my stems once I got a better look. And underneath all of my leaves even close to the buds were I thought large or eggs from the flies but when I looked through my loup they were actually clear to cream white bugs that looked like the aphids from pictures I have seen online of them. I may have made a mistake. I tried to take a spray bottle with a strong stream but I couldn’t get any of them to budge. My flowers were to established to try dish soap even though I know it works but started harvest today! 😬 By the looks of it most of my tri-combs or creamy white and not clear I had maybe 10% I might trycombs turning Amber in color! After dropping most of my top colors I still have probably 30% of my plant intact. While trimming all the fan leaves before I hung them I really noticed how bad the little black flies were and I feel like I don’t know if I made the right decision but I know that I didn’t want a bunch of dead bugs or larva or whatever the hell they were in my buds. Question… when I cut the plant do all the bugs leave? Or do they die in my buds? I I know that these last couple weeks are literally the most crucial time. I just hope what I did get out of the plant ends up being dissent weed!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Ok I read that it was a sign of over watering and damp conditions? Did you mean dry outdoors like around my plant or when my plant is dry
Aphids love to get a drink from sucking the juice out of the leaves when it is super dry or drought. The sure fire way to know they are aphids is by the honeydew they leave behind. Ants and flies will be attracted to the honeydew and fool you into thinking it's the ants or flies causing the damage. If the insects are stuck to the plant and water won't remove them they may be trapped to the stickie gue left by the aphids. . 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Damp conditions will attract gnats. Dry conditions attract aphids and grasshoppers. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
What I saw actually were little tiny black flies and all down my stems once I got a better look. And underneath all of my leaves even close to the buds were I thought large or eggs from the flies but when I looked through my loup they were actually clear to cream white bugs that looked like the aphids from pictures I have seen online of them. I may have made a mistake. I tried to take a spray bottle with a strong stream but I couldn’t get any of them to budge. My flowers were to established to try dish soap even though I know it works but started harvest today! 😬 By the looks of it most of my tri-combs or creamy white and not clear I had maybe 10% I might trycombs turning Amber in color! After dropping most of my top colors I still have probably 30% of my plant intact. While trimming all the fan leaves before I hung them I really noticed how bad the little black flies were and I feel like I don’t know if I made the right decision but I know that I didn’t want a bunch of dead bugs or larva or whatever the hell they were in my buds. Question… when I cut the plant do all the bugs leave? Or do they die in my buds? I I know that these last couple weeks are literally the most crucial time. I just hope what I did get out of the plant ends up being dissent weed!
Aphids overwinter each year in the bark of a local tree and wait until warm weather. When warm weather and dry conditions arrive the aphids will attack trees and plants. Now if you get rain often the aphids will get knocked on the ground and not be able to get back to the damaged leaf. If you don't get any rain you can bet on having them longer and doing more damage. 😎

linde

Wolly Alder Aphids are what I get. They actually turn into little cottonball looking things when they mature. A headache but much easier to deal with then say thrips or mites. I kill them safely with a milk spray

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Aphids are a conditional thing due to weather conditions. When all the honeydew washes off and falls on the ground the microbes are very happy. I've seen aphids so bad that when you walked under a tree your shoes would stick to the concrete. All it takes is a soaker or just a slight frost to nip them in the bud. They should all be gone by now. Good luck and thanks for sharing friend. 😎

Last edited: