What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Act

I have no clue about any of this concentrate business, it's all wizardry to me, so I don't really have a frame of reference on the numbers they are getting. Is your average beardo in a flat brim hat able to get close to those numbers, or is it truly exceptional? Is their value in the technology itself, or the scale at which they can apply it? Also, has anyone found a market to sell or somehow use the biomass of what is left over after the extraction? Compost, textiles?

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
They cannot sell the biomass I have heard, medical waste product supposedly same as the root balls, one fellow told me he cannot even re use his soil from crop to crop because HC won't allow it. I imagine if you were to propose insect larvae processing of the material, then spread on a field you owned or make worm castings for your crop, tested it to show no residual THC, then you could be allowed to repurpose for your crop, land or for employees to take home as a perk, community garden etc.

NSLC makes it a pain in the ass to buy liquor, I can't imagine the strife they will cause with cannabis.

Apparently, they are giving their employees two choices; to either be comfortable selling Cannabis products, and if not, they'll help you find another job.

A tad extreme, no? Especially when they figure out no one will shop there for Cannabis products.

troutman

Seed Whore
What pisses me off about this $$$ thing in relation to Cannabis is how many people who are aligning themselves
to make money were in fact responsible for throwing people in jail for it before and destroying the lives of otherwise peaceful people.

i.e. cops, lawyers, politicians, etc.

None of them should be allowed to be involved in the industry.

The World is full of hypocrites. :moon:

Docteur

Based on that timeline, the Senate would have to pass the bill by end of May if the government is to meet its July timeline for full legalization.

That scenario seems unlikely as the legislation, Bill C-45, is currently only at second reading in the Red Chamber, meaning it still has to be studied at committee — where many witnesses are expected to be called for testimony — before the bill is sent back to the chamber for further debate at third reading

Here http://www.cpac.ca/en/programs/cpac-special/episodes/59019349

TheBlackman

yo,

BC pol-lie-ticians be grinnin' with glee,
they handed over the Cannabis Culture to their buddies,
ya know that corporate monopoly,

we been callin' that their time frame is another lie,
cause they be setting up the fuzz and those other business guys,

so all those folks lookin' to cash in and succumb to their greed,
I be hopin' your gardens are weak for screwing over those in need,
mark my words,
sooner then later ya'll be wavin' bye bye,

I ain't see a culture turn on itself so quickly,
ya'll won a battle,
but the end game is plain for all to see,

big pharma is already set up,
waiting in the wings,
the roar of cash registers...and the winfall that legal weed will bring,

so line up here suckers with your outstretched hand,

when the dust has settled,
ya'll just be bitches for the man

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Based on that timeline, the Senate would have to pass the bill by end of May if the government is to meet its July timeline for full legalization.

That scenario seems unlikely as the legislation, Bill C-45, is currently only at second reading in the Red Chamber, meaning it still has to be studied at committee — where many witnesses are expected to be called for testimony — before the bill is sent back to the chamber for further debate at third reading

Here https://www.cpac.ca/en/programs/cpac-special/episodes/59019349

C-45 is at third. Committee was in September 2017.
While some conservative senators are crying about it, they don't expect to obstruct.
https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/bill/C-45/third-reading

Yea Nay Total Paired
200 82 282 0
https://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/votes/42/1/405

Note the conservative and block fuckers playing the partisan games voting no. Partisanship doesn't belong in the senate. Just do the right thing and fuck the party.

They expect it to be ready by July, but I doubt you'll be able to buy some at the store by then. I say october/november.

Rider420

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/218816/Senate-debate-up-in-smoke

Senate debate up in smoke
The Canadian Press - Feb 14, 2018 / 5:29 am | Story: 218816

Photo: The Canadian Press
The Trudeau government is moving to ensure the Senate doesn't hold up its plans to legalize recreational marijuana in July.
The government's representative in the upper house, Sen. Peter Harder, served notice Tuesday that he wants second reading debate on Bill C-45 wrapped up by March 1, after which it would go to committee for detailed examination before returning to the chamber for a final debate and vote.

If the various Senate factions won't agree to that timetable, Harder warned he'll move a motion to impose time allocation to cut off debate — the first time he's threatened to resort to that tactic since taking on the role of government representative two years ago.
"My fear, quite frankly, is that March 1 would come and we may see the sort of procedural obstruction we have seen from senators in this Parliament on multiple items of business," he told his fellow senators.
Harder aimed his remarks primarily at Conservative senators, whom he said have been instructed by their party's leader, Andrew Scheer, to use "all the democratic tools" available to "block" the bill.
Conservative Senate Leader Larry Smith last week denied his senators plan to be "obstructionist" but he said they will insist on a thorough examination of the legislation.
C-45 has been before the Senate since November and so far only one Conservative senator has joined the debate. The Conservative critic for the bill, Sen. Claude Carignan has yet to speak.
Barring the imposition of time allocation, Senate rules allow debate to be delayed indefinitely as long as a single senator still wants to speak.
Harder's threat to cut off debate comes a week after Health Minister Ginette Petitpas Taylor told senators that provincial governments will need two to three months after the bill receives royal assent to prepare for retail sales of cannabis.
She insisted the government is still on track to legalize weed this July but didn't clarify whether she meant it would actually be available for sale at that time or simply that the bill would have received royal assent by then. Officials later said that would depend on how quickly C-45 gets through the Senate.
The Senate would have to pass the bill by the end of May at the latest for marijuana sales to start in July.
Harder's move to speed up the glacial pace of the bill through the Senate suggests the government is hoping to have cannabis available for sale in July.

:biggrin:
SAJLMFAO cannabis will be available July 1 2018 anywhere in Canada online. Note unlike booze you can order cannabis from any province.

Rider420

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/sen...means-no-actual-sales-before-august-1.3805370

Senate deal to vote on pot bill on June 7 means no actual sales before August

he Canadian Press
Published Thursday, February 15, 2018 3:51PM EST
Last Updated Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:42PM EST
OTTAWA -- Canadians will have to wait until at least early August -- and maybe as late as early September -- to legally purchase recreational marijuana.
That's the bottom line now that senators have struck a deal to hold a final vote by June 7 on the legislation that will usher in the legal cannabis regime.
Assuming Bill C-45 is passed by the Senate, royal assent would then follow immediately.

Health Minister Ginette Petitpas Taylor has said provincial and territorial governments will need eight to 12 weeks following royal assent to prepare for retail sales.
The Trudeau government had been aiming for legalization in July but the Senate timetable now means legal pot won't be available for purchase until at least early August, and possibly not until a month later.

After second reading, the bill will be sent to five different Senate committees to examine different aspects of the legislation before returning to the Senate for a final debate and vote by June 7.

Game over the bill will be passed by June 7 and as the article points out royal ascent will follow.

BTW While some provinces may not be ready to sell cannabis when the bill becomes law but you still will be able to order cannabis online from any of the companies that have federal permission to sell cannabis.

Last edited:
Oh the Senate, who elected these clowns? Oh wait, that's right, nobody. In an odd way you have to almost respect the Conservatives pathetic attempts to fight the culture war. Even though it always fails, they can shrug towards their base and say, "we tried to think about the children, but the Liberals wouldn't let us." Legalization will be more or less a non event for a lot of Canadians. Dispensaries are a dime a dozen here out West. Suck it up conservative buttercups and shift your brand if you ever want to get re-elected.