What's new

Cancel Culture

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I have copies of my recently finished, self-published Manifesto available, but if I were to donate them to the fire,

future generations will never understand why I did the depraved, utterly despicable but necessary thing that I did

to prove once and for all why it had to be done. :whistling:

.......... for the good of mankind of course. :shucks:

send me a copy, please. i'm slap out of anything good to read. are there photographs? in color? 🙂

h.h.

Veteran
Time capsules under lees statue suggest they knew it would be eventually removed. It was a piece in time meant for that era. Not ours. We as a culture are not stuck in the past. Only a few people and they’ll die off.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Time capsules under lees statue suggest they knew it would be eventually removed. It was a piece in time meant for that era. Not ours. We as a culture are not stuck in the past. Only a few people and they’ll die off.

many of us ARE stuck in the past. "only a few more generations and they'll die off." wish it was true, but assholes keep cropping up in ever-growing numbers, it seems. be nice if they WERE relics of the past...

h.h.

Veteran
many of us ARE stuck in the past. "only a few more generations and they'll die off." wish it was true, but assholes keep cropping up in ever-growing numbers, it seems. be nice if they WERE relics of the past...
There are many good lessons to learn from the past. . None as profound as the ones that keep us reaching forward.
I don’t need to look back on my life to know that I’ve made mistakes, or back in history to know that my country has made mistakes. Work in the here and now while planning for a better future. We get trapped in the memories of what we once thought.

audiohi

Veteran
FJxNiiDXwAA8UAJ?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Montuno

...como el Son...
Esta semana ha sido muy, muy triste, en mi serranía, para el patrimonio universal...
Hace tiempo, en otros hilos, os vengo comentando cómo el inaudito ascenso de un partido ultraderechista pseudofascista creado por el círculo del expresidente gringo D. Trump y cofinanciado por Putin, está intentando revisar y expurgar la cultura española de todo aquello que se aparte de sus ideales. Hasta ahora, "solo" habían pintarrajeado o retirado estatuas o placas a políticos/intelectuales de la 2° República, o a emires, califas o filósofos musulmanes.
Pero han dado el salto, en su camino a equipararse a los talibanes afganos destruyendo budas esculpidos en montañas a bazukazos: diversas pinturas esquemáticas del Bronce regional (con 6000 años y más de antigüedad; culturas de Tartessos a Oretania Íbera) han sido arrancadas de las paredes rocosas a pico, o cubiertas con grandes banderas de España y pintadas calificando de asesino al gobierno actual:

This week has been very, very sad, in my mountain range, for the universal heritage...
Some time ago, in other threads, I have been telling you how the unprecedented rise of an ultra-right pseudo-fascist party created by the circle of the gringo ex-president D. Trump and co-financed by Putin, is trying to revise and expurgate the Spanish culture of everything that departs from their ideals. Until now, they had "only" defaced or removed statues or plaques to politicians/intellectuals of the 2nd Republic, or to emirs, caliphs or Muslim philosophers.
But they have taken the leap, on their way to equate themselves to the Afghan Taliban destroying Buddhas sculpted in mountains with bazookas: several schematic paintings of the regional Bronze Age (6000 years old and more; cultures from Tartessos to Oretania Íbera) have been torn from the rocky walls with beaks, or covered with large Spanish flags and painted describing the current government as a murderer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fhar8Dgn3Gc

descarga (1).jpeg

descarga (2).jpeg

Three Berries

Any windfall tax legislation to punish the gas companies is the wrong way to do things. They already got the money. It's just more money grab for the crooked politicians. How about policies to keep energy affordable. Seems someone showed US how to do that.