What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian source for fungicide, pesticide and pgr

Player2

Hey,
So I found some local cuts. My first legal 4 are grease monkey, captains pink, chemdawg and black tuna.

I also got pm and thrips, of course!

So off to the local grow shop. They have baking soda in fancy bottles. Pass. Already soap/surfactant salt to change the surface ph... and to knock down the thrips.

Seriously, effing amateur hour gong show! What was I expecting?

Yeah, that, plus mites, so i guess I am ahead of the game.

So, where can one order real chems in Canada?

Thanks!

Tynehead Tom

I'd light a stack of wood out back and throw the infected cuts in the fire.
No cut is worth contaminating a perfectly good grow room and anything associated with it.
So many fire seeds out there there is little time to be wasted on so called elites.
Black Tuna was a fun one, grew it for a few years and did a full cubing breeding program to produce a Black Tuna seed line. But..... I don't think it stands out from the crowd enough to take an infected clone in.

I use the monterey's garden spray with spinosad..... had to order from amazon.... kills thrips dead.
You should be able to find Natria for the PM but like i stated earlier the best Powdery Mildew preventative that I know of is a hot burning fire LOL

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spinosad is easy as mentioned.

Grow shops sell other stuff under the table but you'll pay a premium and they probably only serve regulars.

mikeross

I wonder what grow shop you went to. I would say just about every hydro shop in the Lower Mainland has some under the counter products they would be willing to sell you.

Have you brought these plants into your space yet? If not, head down to the hardware store, buy some wettable sulfur and mix 3 table spoons per gallon. Dunk the clones and set them in quarantine for 2-3 weeks, dunking them every 2-3 days. Buy a cheap 60+ zoom scope and check the clones for any signs of mites.

Player2

Thanks for all the replies!

Hey everybody,
Grows get problems. Those problems have solutions. No need to burn down a spot over 4 dirty cuts.

First, i am not a commercial grower anymore. There is no grow happening here besides these 4 cuts. If I had a big op ongoing, yes, it would be world class stupid to bring in cuts like this. So, with nothing to infect, these cuts can be treated and it is sort of a fun challenge.

Second, this is not my first rodeo. I don't see many people here posting pics like I grew.
Chem D?
picture.php

192 plant site hydro 12kw flip flop sealed GSC?
picture.php

So yeah, my new canadian brothers, I have dealt with all the worst of the SW plagues and lots of LA and SF/Oaksterdam area infected cuts.

So, back to the point...
When commercial agriculture had a problem, they fix it. You can pick your poison. I would like to start with what I know, so Rally 40wsp or Nova. I would settle for Eagle or even spectracide at this point. Myclobutanil is great on little plants, not so on big ones you will end up extracting/smoking.

I will have 1200 gallons or some such insanity of Rally in a bit.

I just can't understand how things are the way they are up here. Commercial ag is pouring that shit right in the Okanagan lake, 1000+gal at a go, so you can save the song about saving us from ourselves.

Thanks!

troutman

Seed Whore
Canadian Tire, Lowes, Home Depot, hydro stores and online sources can get you almost anything.
For fungus control, it's best to control it naturally with a living bacteria product. The reason some
people have fungus explosion is they don't have a balanced growing media and fungus likes moist
sterile environments without competitors like bacteria. Natural soils have balance of microorganisms.

Myself, I reach for Great White every time. Here's post I made about it.

Great White (beneficial bacteria and fungi)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can import under 500ml of products as well.

Or just have a friend down south ship it up as whatever they want to claim it as.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I'm with tynehead on this, don't be a doofus, start from seed or clean cuts. PM is not worth it. You gotta clean your area now too.

Player2

Hey my northern bros!
So this is what cuts with pm can turn into when their disease is cured when small. Should my spot have been scorched earth? Lol!

https://www.icmag.com/special/albums/17928279-courtenay-light-dep-black-tuna

how do you post from your own album? Whatever

anyway, pm can be cured. Good tech can keep it from coming back.
the biggest problem i have had was rats in my light dep basement.

Oh, anyone in the comox valley, broad mites are here. Good effin luck! Van island is long on attitude and way short on actual knowledge...

Attachments

• 15578new 129 thumb
    15578new 129 thumb
    19.8 KB · Views: 57

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
You are talking crazy. I never saw anyone cure PM, good luck! Start from seed bro,, best advice I can give you, and oh yah clean the room with some harsh Killex too!

I have no mites, no mildew, no thrips, nothing. I must be way short on actual knowledge ;)

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran

Hey everybody,
Grows get problems. Those problems have solutions. No need to burn down a spot over 4 dirty cuts.

First, i am not a commercial grower anymore. There is no grow happening here besides these 4 cuts

So, back to the point...
When commercial agriculture had a problem, they fix it. You can pick your poison. I would like to start with what I know, so Rally 40wsp or Nova. I would settle for Eagle or even spectracide at this point. Myclobutanil is great on little plants, not so on big ones you will end up extracting/smoking.

I will have 1200 gallons or some such insanity of Rally in a bit.

Thanks!

If you are not a commercial grower, why are you planning on using all these poisons on your herb you plan to consume yourself?

I'd give you seeds for free, good ones! If one was allowed to offer seeds on here.

Its like you have two options to pick from: Have infested plants, with hidden PM you need to control, and use chemicals repeatedly on your crops to kills stuff...

Or, you can use chemical agents on your empty grow areas, clean them well, start fresh from seed or clean stock (good luck), and use no chemicals on your crops at all to kill anything!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I wouldn't have them in the house. They might be the only 4, but when they have gone, will there problems leave with them? I'm afraid not. I have known people give up on locations once they are infested.
In the farmers field, you have diversity. Indoors, bugs can breed without predators. There is no hard frost or UV. No ozone laden rain washing things into the ground, where combatants await. Just a nice temperate zone.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Naw there are ways to kill mildew spores, and disinfect a room/kill mite eggs etc. A good clean can provide a fresh environment, until new contamination is introduced.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
You surely can. Them spores get drawn through the insides of circulator fans though, which is hard to reach. In your ducts. Filters. Carpet. The gaps under the skirting boards. If we consider what you might spend in the diy store on treatments alone, some new cuttings are looking a lot easier. Or some beans.

Player2

First, if I had a big grow going, I would not have done any of this. When I did, I always had strict quarantine procedures. I never touched clones that looked like these.

that said... myclobutanil can and will clear a systemic pm infection. You need to keep the environment unfriendly to spores after that point, because those spores are everywhere. I see pm on every walk on plants everywhere. A simple intake filter isn't fixing that. Ozone and uv I like a lot. Clearing crappy plants away from my entry doors, windows and intakes always worked well for me and I highly recommend it. Also, please stop bringing your dogs with you everywhere.

as for how much of that fungicide I want to eat or smoke, I want none. I would only treat small plants preflower. Never did I say spray buds with this, even though I know cash croppers are still doing it along with a lot of other bad practices. Myclobutanil is effective at very low concentrations. Imagine the treated 6-8" cut next to the finished plant. Count nodes. Imagine the mass %. Almost nothing that you are keeping even had the stuff in it.

I don't know how you all process, but I rip off fan leaves while it is still standing, cut the stem, hang, trim when crispy and seal and vent until ready. I extract the trim and everything but the very best buds. The treated parts of the plant aren't ever included, and as mentioned, the treatment was months earlier.

The main problem with this stuff is killing bees and poisoning the waterways. I, unlike big ag, give a shit about both of these things and try to behave with a little respect.

Since you guys flipped shit at pm, you are going to love this! So this is a thing that would shut down a spot. I am glad that I do not have a continuous big grow going, because it would have been well and truly ruined with this. Like I said, this is here in the north island. Watch your shiz!

These 2 plants looked terrible right from the "friend". If it was a mother I just couldn't let go of, I would probably take cuts and do a high temp water/poison for a while then grow out and pray. I have too many projects so I just chopped them into green waste.

Pm can be cured. Pm is everywhere so even if you cure it, if you don't fix the environmental conditions that favor it, it will come back.

For those that don't know, below is not pm. Mites with bacterial infection!

fetch?photoid=17933477.jpg

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I didn't have PM indoors for almost ten years although it was all around me outside. Its not that hard. My mistake was forgetting about it and bringing a plant indoors. Spent a few years with it and said fuck it, started fully from seed with a clean room and its all good again, likely for many years.

Once you become a seed starting junkie its pretty easy and more desirable to search fresh seeds pretty much. I would never take cuttings of anything from anyone anymore, well except maybe the original stinky skunk, and a stellar old school haze, but that's it.

Tynehead Tom

the PM people get on cannabis is fairly specific to cannabis. Yes, there are many forms of powdery mildew but only ONE that specifically attacks cannabis plants.
Just because you walk by PM in the natural environment , and the spores are in the air all around us.... it's why we humans have such a robust immune system as we are consuming an untold amount of mold and mildew spores with every breath we take in the natural environment...
The only way I know of to completely rid a plants internal cell structure of powdery mildew is thru a process of sanitizing it in a tissue culture protocol. Once the fruiting spots start to show up, the PM has stretched it's tendrils deep into the plants vascular system.

Luckily in my environment, powdery mildew is not something I have to deal with as humidity here is only above 40 if it's raining out LOL
PM spores can not infect a plant in a RH below 40%
Killing PM in a room involves very high temperatures and preferably a 72 hour recirculating Ozone treatment with all your equipment, pots, and tools in the room and with very high airflow inside the room to get that ozone into every nook and cranny of your equipment.
Growing in an environment where other growers may bring spores into your garden area or home or you may live near other growers who are also venting outside..... other precautions come into play. Weekly foilars with SM90 .... now called Kelly's Root N Leaf , keep humidity at or below 40% .... which is going to affect yield but thats about it...... and for the intake, run an inline ozone generator, use high Merv# HEPA intake filters and use a lung room to dissapate the ozone to a safe level for your plants. This how growers on Van Isl, denman and the lowermainland are growing PM free with cannabis specific PM spores permeating the environments all around them. Lets face it, if you are growing at sea level, those spores are in the air all around you, wherever you may go.

Latest posts

Latest posts