What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian Romulan vs American Romulan

rolandomota

Veteran
I don't need time to think I want it now! I will get a "5pack" this comes with 7 or 8 seeds right? 150 is all my monthly weed money but if I sell some I can make the 75 I will run out early in the month but loud pine terps are worth it to me especially after my bad freeze experience with hemp Dpot seeds they literally sent me hemp seeds what a bummer I ordered shortly after they took down USA price then put it back up Oct Nov 2018 maybe that's why? Anyway I saw the real seed company has it too the freeze I think it's f2 from real beanho seed not some hemp from a farm that some desperate bastard stole

St. Phatty

The last version of Romulan I got, from Attitude, SUCKED - 15 no sprouts.

The 00's version of Romulan, from Federation - I liked it & Mikey liked it (the general public).

The one Romulan story I've heard is that Romulan Joe walked into Marc Emory's store with a tray of 20 Romulan clones, selling for $250 each. Sold out within 15 minutes, which is $5000.

RomulanJake

I see fems are available at the romulan genetics site, ace has the regular version only. I assume ace is more focused on the european market, RomulanGenetics more on US/Canada.

The line looks really interesting, i think i may try some next year if i find some space. A bit pricey though so will take the time to think about it.

Cheers

ACE is just a distributor of ours. We ship worldwide from our own website, and have other independent distributors like ACE. Here in California we also have Bay Area Seed Exchange, selling our beans, and they are located just miles from us here. So there is not a regional focus. Just people doing their thing.

Its pricey because its worth it.. :tiphat:

RomulanJake

I don't need time to think I want it now! I will get a "5pack" this comes with 7 or 8 seeds right? 150 is all my monthly weed money but if I sell some I can make the 75 I will run out early in the month but loud pine terps are worth it to me

Full packs of regs, when ordered through our website.. come with 12 seeds.

Half packs, come with 6 beans.

Our Romulan (S1) Fem seeds are 12 seeds on a full, 6 on a half.

Last edited:

rolandomota

Veteran
I got the half pack I only got 6 seeds I was thinking the fems would be a better deal but I need them males

RomulanJake

I got the half pack I only got 6 seeds I was thinking the fems would be a better deal but I need them males

We had to change things on the website, to have some sort of parity with our distribution partners.. so our listing now states that half packs come with 6 seeds only.

Im sorry you dont think its a good deal, but wish you the best of luck.

:tiphat:

tcherno

I had 12 seeds in each pack, in absolute yes 24 seeds for 280€ is factually expensive for my bank account.

But when I look at the current offer, I see that many brands would sell this strain much more expensive.

280€ and a lifetime of seeds or looking for phenotypic treasures

:tiphat:

need4weed

Veteran
I'm growing out regs from Romulan genetics now. Nice big leaves with heavy serration. All healthy looking bar one. The entire plant has leaf variegation. Still growing fine though

T

TakenByTheSky

Full packs of regs, when ordered through our website.. come with 12 seeds.

Half packs, come with 6 beans.

Our Romulan (S1) Fem seeds are 12 seeds on a full, 6 on a half.

So you get more seeds when you buy direct vs through another vendor? I'm confused.

How does the fem compare to the regs in terms of phenos?

Are the fems made from the original clone? Or were the fems made from a female from the reg seeds?

Sorry if this has been covered before I don't have a lot of time during the work day to sort thru posts.

You seems to know your strain well, it's there a lot of phenotypic variation in the reg seeds?

RomulanJake

So you get more seeds when you buy direct vs through another vendor? I'm confused.

How does the fem compare to the regs in terms of phenos?

Are the fems made from the original clone? Or were the fems made from a female from the reg seeds?

Sorry if this has been covered before I don't have a lot of time during the work day to sort thru posts.

You seems to know your strain well, it's there a lot of phenotypic variation in the reg seeds?

No, now you get the same seed count no matter where you order from. Previously we gave more seeds through us directly.

Visit our website, it covers all of that other information. :tiphat:

clearheaded

no reason to spend big bucks on rom as a reproduction shouldnt charge top dollar for others work ;) . original from canada can be had relatively cheaply. closest to source is prob best ie not hearsay of "old beans" named something different but "same" may or may not have been hybrid from outdoor ;)

federation, next generation. other sources from canadian based banks. good and real may be different things to different people ;) may be a reason why holders of the real clone dont produce many romulan seeds and offered several versions (maddmxx or something) attempting to get it closer to the clone.. seeds and perhaps reg beans may not really of offered up what clone did... ie lines based on seeds may not be same as clone, perhaps 1 reason why "seed based" lines in usa are different? maybe more piney from an ghani X? vs more sativa growth of original? I dunno but things to think about original and original seeds may be different things and different to different people. and if arent good from federation or next gen well guess where the seeds came from for the USA version same place? just food for thought

T

TakenByTheSky

Federation has been defunct for like over 10 years and next gen seeds are questionable as well since there is very little mention if them still making new seed.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
no reason to spend big bucks on rom as a reproduction shouldnt charge top dollar for others work ;) . original from canada can be had relatively cheaply. closest to source is prob best ie not hearsay of "old beans" named something different but "same" may or may not have been hybrid from outdoor ;)

federation, next generation. other sources from canadian based banks. good and real may be different things to different people ;) may be a reason why holders of the real clone dont produce many romulan seeds and offered several versions (maddmxx or something) attempting to get it closer to the clone.. seeds and perhaps reg beans may not really of offered up what clone did... ie lines based on seeds may not be same as clone, perhaps 1 reason why "seed based" lines in usa are different? maybe more piney from an ghani X? vs more sativa growth of original? I dunno but things to think about original and original seeds may be different things and different to different people. and if arent good from federation or next gen well guess where the seeds came from for the USA version same place? just food for thought

You listened to the interview I take it.

Federation has been defunct for like over 10 years and next gen seeds are questionable as well since there is very little mention if them still making new seed.

https://nextgenerationseedcompany.com

Lots of Romulan hybrids as well as Romulan breeder packs available.

clearheaded

lol not sure if that was a shot or a echod what someone else said? interview with who?

guess the outcross for romulan seed wasnt pure ghani but white rhino which of course has that pinene harshness aswell. would be interesting how "usa" romulan and white rhino compare.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
The way you said what you said had me thinking you might've listened to the Adam Dunn interview with RJ.

No shots.

xerb

Just received several packs of seeds from Next Gen. Called them first and got a lot of good info.
Shipping was fast, but I guess the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

I will have to get back to you on the particulars.

I just could not bring myself to pay $150 for 12 seeds, 6 females at best?
If that price had been for 20 seeds, I would have jumped on it, just to freshen up my line.

I have been growing Romulan from Federation since the late 90s, great all around strain.
The two things you have to watch out for:
1. the buds get so heavy, they fall over shortly before finishing - one morning you get up
and they will ALL be on the floor
2. because the buds get soo heavy and dense they are very prone to botrytis mold inside
the biggest buds - a total heartbreak - right at the end !

I recently pulled off an indoor 3 foot tall Romulan in 9 gallon of soil that produced slightly
over 8 oz of cured, potent, fat buds, with only about 1/4 oz of that small buds. Delicious !
A room full of these might have broke 2 gm/Watt. Again, this is the Federation version.
This is a bud from that plant, nicely cured.

DSC_0526.JPG

This was one of the satellite buds and not the main cola, it was friggin' HUGE,
I had already broken it up before I remembered to take a picture, dang.

Outdoors I have seen more than 5 pounds off a single tree, which compares with any of
my other heavy yielders.

Overall a very nice strain. Recommended. XERB

CaptainDankness

lol not sure if that was a shot or a echod what someone else said? interview with who?

guess the outcross for romulan seed wasnt pure ghani but white rhino which of course has that pinene harshness aswell. would be interesting how "usa" romulan and white rhino compare.

Definitely not like the White Rhino (Medicine Man) I got from seed, I personally didn't find anything worth keeping. The Romulan cut in the USA is some top shelf bud, I honestly think it's too good to be the same Romulan from the 90's, but it's definitely good smoke. Never actually tried any Romulan from seed though.