What's new

Canadian pot activist to plead guilty this summer

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think there's one sure way to see what a remarkable job he did. Look at where Canada is now compared to when Emery came on the scene. He did such a great job 6 plants will get you a mandatory minimum prison sentence....

msc008

RANdude
Not for nothing sir, but you know these folks all pretty well for only being here 7 post. I can't believe I got sucked up now.

So one way or another, as nice as you are, I smell something.

Yeah what do you smell? I don't know anything about the people on this forum. That's why I put question marks at the ends of my sentences.

The first I heard of IC was about 5 years ago when I got the mag with the Morocco DVD. I came to this forum to share about what's going on in San Diego. Do me the courtesy of reading my first posts on this forum before painting me that way.

JJ
Wrong again. I don't know about KG, but I did a little time.....

It was a question not a statement. I said "i'm guessing". I just expect someone who has been locked up to have some sympathy... now that I know you have let me ask you. Even though you think Emery is a total dirtbag you still don't wish jail on him right???

Anyways, if you think giving joints to minors and blowing smoke in the face of Law Enforcement is going to get pot legalized, you may also be the problem.....

When did I ever say that? Giving joints to minors in a public setting is sure to raise the hackles of the anti-drug crowd and generate opposition. That said, the reality is that lots of minors do get marijuana from adults. Including some of my friends who let their teenage children smoke openely rather than hide it. One friend lets her 17-year old daughter smoke at home. Is she doing something wrong?

As for blowing smoke at Law Enforcement, that is just combative. I don't think it's smart, but emotions can take over in the heat of a protest or rally. I'm not going to judge.

You can call me the problem if you want. I think that's destructive. Why can't we save a little more venom for the anti-drug crusaders and a little less for the people in the movement we don't agree with? The movement doesn't need more battles like Rob Kampia vs Richard Cowan.

Jodi wasn't 21 when her and Marc met...... Let me give you a hint..... It's lower......

You didn't read my post..... go read it again..... it says Jodi was UNDER 21 when Marc met her.

I give away hundreds of clones and seeds each year and grow for a handful of disabled veterans. And you know what? I don't ask a penny for it

That's awesome. The movement lives on people who do that. I am also one of those people. I give away as much as I can afford to and still have enough for me. The law in Cali says you can only be reimbursed for expenses as a caregiver anyway. This town could use a lot more people like us. We have 20 dispensaries that have opened in the last few months, and only one or two of them have any local connection or conscience.

San Diego is full of disabled veterans. The Army/Navy's latest trick here is to diagnose soldiers with pre-existing stress conditions so the VA doesn't have to treat PTSD cases. Some of those VA cast-offs end up turning to medical MJ. Our group (Hope Unlimited) helps people share genetics, gives out free medicine to qualified patients, we've done clothing drives, handed out food. We are doing everything we can to make the cause legit.

I think there's one sure way to see what a remarkable job he did. Look at where Canada is now compared to when Emery came on the scene. He did such a great job 6 plants will get you a mandatory minimum prison sentence....

That's ascribing a lot of power to Emery. You think he is so influential that the parliament passed legislation just because of him?

When Emery came on the scene with CC mag I don't remember there being any IC Mag, or Skunk or Treating Yourself, or any of the others except High Times. Plus he was selling High Times in Ontario when it was banned 20 years ago. He deserves a tidbit of credit for that if nothing else.

BTW San Diego has a brand new magazine: www.nugmag.com

Please check it out if you are interested in San Diego.

I'm not associated with it so don't ignore it just because you don't like me.

Peace.:joint:

VanXant

Nothing wrong with getting a little, ye pillars of society. Not everyone lives their life by Your ideals either. I bet your great-grandmother was under 21 when she had sex/kids.
now,..do-gooders breaking the law growing DOPE, then threatening calling the cops on Emery for a comment and a little grab-ass once in a while is what Id call really obscene,..... and very low...but Id never call for your arrest. Im not that kind of guy....... Id call you hypocrites...and tell you to mind your own damm business.

edit>So now mark emery is the reason for canadas new laws? jesus...

K Double O

You guys.... all this bickering is wack!

Fuck Marc Emery, personally. Thats not the debate.

We have lost perhaps the largest seed supplier in North America in the past decade.

And by who? The US Government.

No one, in any country should be imprisoned for seed distribution.

Its not like they grow it for us.

End of discussion class.

REZDOG

Veteran
Hi,All.
Fwiw, Marc Emery is a fucking scumbag.
Here's Emery Factoids for you.
He bought seeds from Dutch breeders,ONCE,yet sold tens of thousands of knock-offs of their seeds,in short packs,at full-price for Original Breeder's packs,but knock-offs. Shitbag.
I know to be fact that Reeferman made millions of Sensi seeds knock-offs for Marc Emery,and I know to be fact that in ten years,Emery ordered only one time from Tony at Sagamatha,(a small order!) yet never,in ten years,sold out,and always had the newest Sag releases in stock,though "Emery Seeds"never purchased them.
Emery has written extensively on his herpes,he's rather proud of his descriptive abilties regarding his oozing sores,etc. As to "young girls",he's written plenty over at cannabisculture.com forums-it was posted there,to make any normal person,sick,for years. Eventually he married "Jodie",an ex-employee,who "anointed his feet with hemp oil" at their wacked-out wedding. I shit you not.
Emery made,and hid,millions of dollars-while ripping off growers and hiding behind his "political party".
If he goes to prison,it's simply because he not only asked for it,he literally begged for it.
He knowingly filled US-based DEA seed orders and taunted the regional DEA head nearest his BC stronghold.
He's an example of someone who probably had the basis of a right idea,but got blinded by greed and believing his own hype,at the end.
I know Emery,and dislike him with gusto. I was banned at CC,back in the day,for pissing of king marc.
Fuck him,and the ten year old girl he wished he rode in on.
His chapter in the annals of cannabis will show him to be a charlatan of no consequence,and a real tool,to boot.

Cheers!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Razrin

You can hate Emery for his bad business practices, but his charisma and spindoctoring of the media is something none have been able to mimic or duplicate.

His rallies always get people focused in on the major issue of legalization, and Emery deserves props for spreading awareness.

Emery is more like a politician, because he sure as hell isn't a very honest business man. Too many tales of people being "ripped off" by his companies...

As far as politics is concerned... the dude started the Marijuana Party.

I applaud Emery for all his efforts and I wish him the best.

Razrin

Nobody should be jailed for growing a plant.

Nobody should be jailed for mailing seeds.

Good luck Marc.