What's new

Canada Customs Easing Up?

vukman

Veteran
I wouldn't rest easy yet...You never know if the ol' RCMP were notified and now are checking you out...

Not saying this to make ya paranoid but it's not beyond them to allow a package through just so they can follow it and see what's what...jut sayin'

Good Luck

Lol, I had to come in to customs in person to explain why I was buying laboratory equipment and plant tissue culture chemicals...
After they checked out my papers all was cool, they actually were pleasant to deal with.

No worries bro, I'm licensed and under my number.
well..seeds are "supposed" to be coming from HC are they not?
------------------------------
my recent order was opened by customs, customs said my order contained a t-shirt and a toy :dance013:

it was a tshirt and 6 packs of seeds, didnt seem like they actually unfolded the shirt and checked out what the "toy" was.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
seeds are legal IN Canada ,I dont see a prob with having different kinds , even if they arn't from H.C
TS

beanja

seeds are legal IN Canada ,I dont see a prob with having different kinds , even if they arn't from H.C
TS
It is illegal to bring seeds in from another country , check your MMAR rules it states it in there. But yeah once they are in canada theres not much they can do.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
TS

Read the CDSA- viable seeds are clearly illegal under canadian law. You can receive an Authorization to Possess seeds when you apply for your MMAR exemption, but for everyone else they are a controlled substance, and classifies as 'marihuana' under schedule 2 of the controlled drugs and substances act.

-Chimera

petepot

Canada Customs - has anyone ever had seized seeds returned?

Canada Customs - has anyone ever had seized seeds returned?

I just bought seeds from MyCannapot, but I got a letter from Canada Customs, telling me my "prohibited' order was seized.
I'm a Medical Licensed user, so I am going to try to Appeal...

Has anyone ever successfully appealed, and got their seeds?

I saw that Marco Renda had a case against Customs in 2011, but I can't find out what happened, I guess it didn't go to Court yet?

teemu shalanie

Veteran
let us know how this process goes ,.... even with a MMAR card u cannot import weed/seed into Canada, I would just not answer their letter , just let it be

TS

Anyone try to ask the seedbank to include your mmar number and health canada's 1-800 number that's on the bottom of the license paper?

Customs could call, verify and ship no?

teemu shalanie

Veteran
says right on paper that comes with your script you CANNOT import seeds/weed into Canada,.....I wouldn't be handing out my MMAR # to nobody ,
just TS'S 2cents

Its kind of hit or miss. If you "miss" might as well try again. For larger orders you can ask for a couple separate shipments. Good luck.

petepot

Yes, I noticed that (the paperwork says you can't import seeds or weed),
but I wanted to get "good seeds", not the crappy Govt seeds.:cuss:

I could've bought seeds legally in Canada (which is another reason Customs shouldn't seize any seeds),
but I've got seeds before from Europe no problem (don't tell Customs).

I think I have a reason to appeal to Customs for my seeds because I noticed in the Customs Act that one reason they can release a seizure is if it's for "medical purposes".
And since I do have an Medical MJ license to produce (until the rule change in March), I kind of want to try...

I don't think anyone else would ask Customs for their Marijuana seeds back....

let us know how this process goes ,.... even with a MMAR card u cannot import weed/seed into Canada, I would just not answer their letter , just let it be

TS

Chemovar

Marco Renda tried to get seeds back from customs you might want to ask over at treatingyourself if he ever got them back.

petepot

Still waiting for a Decision by Can Customs

Still waiting for a Decision by Can Customs

I did Appeal Canada Customs' seizure of seeds,
Got a letter from them saying they will look at my Appeal,
But I'm still waiting....

I don't expect much, but I have hope....:dance013:

blastfrompast

Veteran
What ever happened to sending seeds in cd jewel cases labelled tattoo pics, you can fit over100 seeds in one case, got a few nirvana orders like that back in the 2000's.... Are the seed banks not hiding em anymore?

petepot

I'm sure lots of seeds are getting through, because I've gotten seeds from overseas in the past no problem.
I don't know how they sent them. The cannapot seed auction guy said they were never before told that seeds they sent to Canada had been seized.
I guess Once in a while you get lucky...