What's new

Can you travel to Amsterdam if you have a felony?

mrheadie

hey crunch, was wondering the same thing last year and my boy who has 3 felony dwi's went without issue. i have a possesion with intent charge from 2001 and the only problem i had was getting my passport a few years ago. i believe a felony stays on ur record for 7 years and after that you have most of your privleges back. going to try to get my passport in the next month or so and maybe i get my lazy ass to the dam this year as well.

J

John Bourne

I don't believe the EU border agencies have access to your local, or state criminal records. Something Federal might pop up, or if you were on Interpol's list, which you're not. If you had been arrested and deported from Holland, then you wouldn't be allowed back in.

Most countries only check to see that your passport is valid, that you haven't overstayed or been deported, and that you're not on any criminal watch lists like Interpol... but that's generally reserved for serious criminal offenders.

You should be fine, just don't panic and act totally cool when you show your passport. The most amount of time I've ever spent at passport control in Holland is 20 seconds.

- John

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Krunch -

Save your money and go over for the breeders cup in april, better weather better exchange rate usually and overall nicer time. Unless your meeting people, i've just grown tired of netherlands in the winter.

V

vdog

I lost my job with a airline, I used to work on aircraft as a line mechanic, I was arrested for misdemeaner DUI in 2005 and when I was sent to Calgary to fix an airplane I was turned away by Canadian customs. I was told to go back to the aircraft I just arrived on and return to the states. I showed them my airline security badge and told them that I was there to fix the broken 737 sitting on their ramp. The assholes didnt care, meanwhile their own citizens turn over cars in the streets when their hockey team loses the cup. The customs people told me that they take drunken driving very serious, so serious that the Patriot ACT has sold all United States citizens out meanwhile the Elitist sit and grow fat on power. I hated Canada and Canadians from that point on, but then I realized its just the NWO and not the people, plus the trailer park boys restored my faith in Canada. Sorry I didnt mean to get off track, Im glad you started this thread, because after my experience I wondered the same thing. Like many have wrote here, Europe is more relaxed but if you want to know for sure contact the consulate for the countries you want to visit, that way you have the correct documentation for travel.

G

Guest 10952

The UK can deny you entrance. Its the only country in Europe that I know of that will deny you entry like Kanada does. I'm hoping to see TPB here live! Shall see. Anyways good luck. I was hoping to sneak into England through the chunnel, but if not sure how security is there. Need to get the lowdown.

I lost my job with a airline, I used to work on aircraft as a line mechanic, I was arrested for misdemeaner DUI in 2005 and when I was sent to Calgary to fix an airplane I was turned away by Canadian customs. I was told to go back to the aircraft I just arrived on and return to the states. I showed them my airline security badge and told them that I was there to fix the broken 737 sitting on their ramp. The assholes didnt care, meanwhile their own citizens turn over cars in the streets when their hockey team loses the cup. The customs people told me that they take drunken driving very serious, so serious that the Patriot ACT has sold all United States citizens out meanwhile the Elitist sit and grow fat on power. I hated Canada and Canadians from that point on, but then I realized its just the NWO and not the people, plus the trailer park boys restored my faith in Canada. Sorry I didnt mean to get off track, Im glad you started this thread, because after my experience I wondered the same thing. Like many have wrote here, Europe is more relaxed but if you want to know for sure contact the consulate for the countries you want to visit, that way you have the correct documentation for travel.

Why would Canada want someone who's willing to put their citizen's lives at risk? It's not like you were turned away for a small time possession charge- you committed a serious crime that could have killed innocent people.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Netherlands don't have access to state criminal records and I've never seen European customs give more than a cursory glance at any white Americans/Australians/Canadians, etc. If you're black or Hispanic, it's a different story. Sad but true.

Ruosk

I've been charged with cultivation & possession about 5 years ago and have been able to travel to both Amsterdam and USA fairly recently (from uk).

Anything special to keep in mind while applying for the visa? I've been charged with similar things (leading to nothing more serious than smallish fines) , been thinking if I can travel to the US anymore.

Latest posts

Latest posts