What's new

Can you transplant smart pots without removing them?

Benvanboro

It's time to transplant! I'm in 1gal smart pots and the roots are busting out all over.
I was going to delicately remove them from the pots before transplanting but from how it looks I feel like I could just leave it in the cloth pot and surround it with medium in a bigger pot. I'm growing in Coco by the way.
Here's a picture!

Attachments

• IMG_9053.jpg
    IMG_9053.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 9

Benvanboro

I found leaving them in fabric pots stunted root growth. I cut the fabric with a carpet knife.

That's what I was originally planning, but they seem to be coming through just fine. I think I'm going to still cut them though just to free them up

HatchBrew

Veteran
I put a twenty gallon smart pot re-vegged plant from winter run into raised bed last summer...grew great.... after harvest let it sit for a couple weeks that pulled it out... pot was in good condition.

No transplant shock or fucking up roots. I just transplanted all my herbs from 5 gallon smart pots into the ground. But did it during cool, rainy times, so all is well now a month later

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Put the smart pot on top of an upturned plastic pot and pull it off like a sleeve.