What's new

Can we get a straight answer on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I used to be against this rule but that's cuz my threads kept getting closed, not cuz I have a leg to stand on ;)

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
the medical forums do get a bit of slack when it comes to discussing things
that would normally breach the TOU

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
People shouldn't have to hide the source of their meds or be cryptic about it or at least thats the way I see it.

I guess you don't see it then. This site is a commercial (money making) enterprise. The sharing of information is just incidental. Sort of like a movie theater where you are not allowed to bring in your own refreshments. Why? Because the theater is there to make money for it's owners. They don't care about the movies. It's not art to them, it's just a product that makes money, and anything that has even the slightest chance of cutting into profits is bad. Much like the war on drugs, and pretty much everything else, it's all about money. Don't delude yourself into thinking that the owners of this site are providing a public service.

Fortunately, there are plenty of other similar sites (i.e., all but this one) that allow free discussion. If you want to get or share information not allowed here, there's plenty of other places to go.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I guess you don't see it then. This site is a commercial (money making) enterprise. The sharing of information is just incidental. Sort of like a movie theater where you are not allowed to bring in your own refreshments. Why? Because the theater is there to make money for it's owners. They don't care about the movies. It's not art to them, it's just a product that makes money, and anything that has even the slightest chance of cutting into profits is bad. Much like the war on drugs, and pretty much everything else, it's all about money. Don't delude yourself into thinking that the owners of this site are providing a public service.

Fortunately, there are plenty of other similar sites (i.e., all but this one) that allow free discussion. If you want to get or share information not allowed here, there's plenty of other places to go.

The sharing of information here is definitely not incidental.....I would say it is crucial to the progressive nature of a forum site such as this....

There are not many sites on the internet that I know of that don't have bills to pay......most pay there server/bandwidth/webmaster/Administration/running costs with advertising......ICMag.com does not have much advertising particularly and the members that use the site get to contribute to the site (server fund) with seeds that are then sold thru Seedbay that helps fuel the site and gets the bills paid along with the little bit of advertising revenue that comes in.......essentially ICMag is fueled by cannabis seeds......and since it is an International Cannabis site......I think that is pretty cool...

Everyone that works on ICMag are passionate about cannabis...(Mods/Admins alike)..and so we do all care about it and thoroughly enjoy the site on a daily basis along with most of it's members......or they just would not be here.....you included Tony Aroma....

....So it is not all about money at all......although funds do help to keep the site here for everyone to use for FREE.....yes a FREE site.......not a movie house where you have to pay to get in, and on ICM you can drink whatever refreshment or 'erb you care to imbibe whilst perusing the site.....

If you wish to contribute to the site then you have the voluntary option to either patronize one of the advertisers here or contribute to the server fund........Advertising other seed vendors/breeders on the boards is not allowed since this upsets those that do pay to advertise.....

ICMag.....does provide a valuable resource to hundreds of thousands of growers worldwide.....at no cost to them at all...

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Don't get me wrong. ICMag is the best site of its kind on the internet today. Hands down. This is a great community with lots of knowledgeable people willing to share their knowledge. I've learned a lot here and keep coming back. And I certainly do understand having to pay the bills.

I guess it's just that censorship of any kind really irks me. If the intention is to steer me toward certain vendors, then suppressing information about competitors is NOT the way to do it. At least not with me (can't speak for anyone else). I try to be an informed and responsible consumer. That means I like to have as much information as possible before spending my hard-earned money. And it also means that I don't spend my money supporting organizations whose actions or policies I disagree with. But that's just me.

In short -- Love the site and the people that contribute to it, hate the censorship.

Classic Seeds

Veteran
i think it would be pretty tacky and frankly ungratefull to start pushing other sights from here .if you do you should be deleted its not just about money either a lot of other banks are scammers and do not deserve any hype they would be spreading here if they could talk about thier selfs .

i was going to do some info about some of these rip offs and as soon as i posted it i deleted it myself when i realised even saying their name might give some airhead the idea i just had a bad experience with them and they would get these magic beans the snake oilers are hacking to the lame and uniformed .why would you want to spread propaganda for new grower to get taken in.

if its on the medical strain segment and its truly a special strain it will be allowed to be discussed but if i am a ford car dealer would i let a hyundai sign be put up in my show room if it was not my brands or part of my dealership

.its not sensoring its common sense to protect your self from your competion .altho there is no other place as open and honest as here and seed bay and seed boutique or trys as hard to protect there customers from scammers .so a lot of times if you do not see them on one of the 2 sights there is a real good reason they are bad in some way aloha classic seeds

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Don't get me wrong. ICMag is the best site of its kind on the internet today. Hands down. This is a great community with lots of knowledgeable people willing to share their knowledge. I've learned a lot here and keep coming back. And I certainly do understand having to pay the bills.

I guess it's just that censorship of any kind really irks me. If the intention is to steer me toward certain vendors, then suppressing information about competitors is NOT the way to do it. At least not with me (can't speak for anyone else). I try to be an informed and responsible consumer. That means I like to have as much information as possible before spending my hard-earned money. And it also means that I don't spend my money supporting organizations whose actions or policies I disagree with. But that's just me.

In short -- Love the site and the people that contribute to it, hate the censorship.

There is no intention to steer you towards any particular vendor......you seem to be a relatively intelligent human being Tony, so I reckon that a google search for cannabis seeds is not beyond your capabilities.....so we are not suppressing information about competitors........it's all out there for anyone who can type into a search engine to see.....

....and if you need as much information as possible before you spend your 'hard earned money'....then perhaps a google search will suffice before said purchase?

C

Cookie monster

the medical forums do get a bit of slack when it comes to discussing things
that would normally breach the TOU

Thats fair enough, happy to see that there is a bit of give and take in the right circumstances.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
Everyone that works on ICMag are passionate about cannabis...(Mods/Admins alike)..and so we do all care about it and thoroughly enjoy the site on a daily basis along with most of it's members......or they just would not be here.....you included Tony Aroma....

BEST... statement ever......I get post deleted all the time.....hell even gott'en my butt...in a crack or to.....over schitt......

BUT.....alwayz.....EACH and every one of US...........come BACK.....
time and time again.......

simply the best......
besidez....itz only commonsense.......U don't schitt where U Eat....

so to follow the TOU....is really a small request in comparison to the hole thing.......
how many of U have had U'r lives changed for the better by this place.

nuffsaid......YB

Status
Not open for further replies.