What's new

can u make your own SUGAR DADDY?

Kanye WeED

what part is not 'organic'?

no i got it now it is ALL organic that is sooo awesome

thank u
i gotta save this to my off line file some where, do u know how i go about doing this so i can take this recipe to the store with me?

i dont have a printer on my upstairs pc, and i dont wanna use my downstairs pc for it!!!

N

noone4u

thank u
i gotta save this to my off line file some where, do u know how i go about doing this so i can take this recipe to the store with me?

i dont have a printer on my upstairs pc, and i dont wanna use my downstairs pc for it!!!

PEN AND PAPER for the recipie

file save page as for file on your PC

I tend to boil my home version of sweet for a good four or five hours. Doing this I have found that it tends not to crystallize later when added to hydro. No clogged lines this way. I will bring a large pot with my witches brew to a boil, then let it cool by placing the pot in the sink to sit in cold water till luke warm. I repeat this process a number of times till things come back clear. Once that is done and cooled enough I place my sweet into a a gallon jug and place it in the refrigerator for 24 hours before use. This way I can add 30ml per gallon and things swell right up in little time. I also notice a very strong aroma to my buds that no commercial sweetener comes close to providing. The local Hydro Store wants to buy the mix to sell, but not sure if I want to go that route just yet since it would let the secrets out :)

Not sure if it is the sweeteners or the seaweed extract I add, but the ph of my stuff is between 4.6 and 5 nine outta ten mixes. As long as you know what you are working with when you add it you will do fine.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran

thank u

If you use firefox, check out the add-on screengrab

Sugar Daddy contains more then sugar and epsom salt. It definately has flavor enhancing "sweet" flavor added. The finished stuff tastes the way Sugar Daddy smells. Sweet is the same too. It's basically flavor syrup that the plant absorbs. Having used them both numerous times, and seen other people use them I am sure there is more then they list on the labels in it.

You might find some flavored drink syrup to add. Like grape soda or something. Slurpee? :)

O

Once More

Sugar Daddy contains more then sugar and epsom salt. It definately has flavor enhancing "sweet" flavor added. The finished stuff tastes the way Sugar Daddy smells. Sweet is the same too. It's basically flavor syrup that the plant absorbs. Having used them both numerous times, and seen other people use them I am sure there is more then they list on the labels in it.

You might find some flavored drink syrup to add. Like grape soda or something. Slurpee? :)

Well I am a no one here and don’t even grow hydro. I have also never heard of or used Sugar Daddy.

I am a home gardener that grows everything organically. I have been using black strap for 2 years now and love it.

I am however against the notion that the plants are directly absorbing the black strap or any of these “sweet” products making them “sweeter”.
I use the black strap to improve the microbiology of my soil allowing my plants better access to the organics I feed them.

Yes the flavor and aroma improved just like it did when I moved to all organic in the first place.

If the plants were really taking up the sugar or as you suggest flavorings that are in these commercial products. It is my opinion that this would not at all improve the taste of your smoke. To me it would be the same as people I grew up with wanting to put honey on blunts. Or the kids today with these flavored blunts. Sure they both might smell sweet. Until you light it that is. Burning sugar is disgusting smelling and tasting. These flavored blunts they sell stink of chemicals as they burn.

If you really think the plants are picking up the sugar and what have you directly and think that is making your bud “sweet” I suggest you try adding some right to your bowl or joint or what have you before you smoke it and then report back how much better it taste to smoke nug with sugar added to it.

Once More: your absolutely right. The plants don't take up the sugars, it feeds the mircolife; with all the benefits that gives. Everything you said is right on, and organic does provide many of these benefits due to its great support/reliance on microlife.

But there is more then that happening here. There are "flavor enhancers" i.e. things other then sugars that the plants do absorb that cause them to taste and smoke "sweeter". It is not burning sugars (which taste nasty- hence the reason we cure our finished product to break down sugar and chlorophil). It is basically like adding artificial sweetner to the plants- except they claim they are organic in nature not artificial. They do not list them on the ingredient label- because legally they do no have too. But when you open the bottles of these products you can smell the "flavor". And when you smoke the final end products, it tastes exactly like how the bottles "smell".

Used properly it can be nice. Sugar Daddy just adds a sweet full taste that I think is rather nice. Sweet (from Botanicare) comes in grape, berry, citrus and pineapple. I don't really care for the taste of any of the Sweets. There are numerous others out there: Sugaree, Humbolt Honey, AN Bud Candy, etc. Once you know kinda what they are like, you can tell when they are in your smoke (at least I can- it tends to be a flavor that you still can taste even after the herb is partially burned, and it still tastes the same from begining to end).

I personally run a mostly organic hydro system, and add some Sugar Daddy (way less then the label- 100ppm is all you really need to get the effect, about 7ml/gal) and get really nice flavorful herb with a sweet smooth flavor. I personally like it, and even without adding Sugar Daddy my herb has tons of flavor from the organics/microlife. I do not depend on the mircolife to break down ferts though, I am using Pura Vida which is fungal composted to be very available right away. I don't like waiting for microbes to make what I put in available when they get around it, I want it as available as synthetic nutrients are.

Latest posts

Latest posts