What's new

Can the genetics be saved from plant with fusarium/pythium/stem canker?

eastcoastjoe

I did not post this hours ago, hoping it would just die. These charts show optimum temp/humidity at each stage.

For me, life sucks enough, not worth the stress. Appreciate the input. I use to research and confirm.

I was hoping so too but dude keeps tagging me. If he stops tagging me, I surely won’t respond. It’s a ridiculous argument. We obviously have a different opinion but he won’t let it go.

As to the chart, that’s just a VPD chart. You can see how wide the temperature range is.and how much optimal RH changes based on ambient temperature. Plant performance is the greatest indicator of what works best. I challenge anyone to grow a plant at 80F / 60-65RH. Then grow that same plant at 70F / 45-50RH. Judge it for yourself.

On another note. All anyone has to do is understand basics of how plants work to understand how temperatures affect how a plant functions. Photosynthesis increases as temperature rises. That’s why cannabis plants grow better outdoors in summer time versus early spring. Also, read about how temperature and humidity affects the following 👇🏼

Precipitation / Evaporation / Transpiration

It’s such a dumb argument

eastcoastjoe

Then WTF are you talking about dude, seriously? You just want to argue over a single word I said and I stand on it. Plants I’ve grown in my life at 70 and under are HORRIBLE compared to my plants grown now at warmer temps and a dialed in room. It’s not even comparable.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It's really been a question of what you are talking about that I didn't say...

But at any rate I will be moving on from the thread as you certainly seem to need that.

I hope you feel better soon.

eastcoastjoe

It's really been a question of what you are talking about that I didn't say...

But at any rate I will be moving on from the thread as you certainly seem to need that.

I hope you feel better soon.

Well that’s convenient. Just when I asked you to elaborate on the “science” you were talking about your leaving.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's not forget the morning dump/diff (-15f from average daily temps) where we stop ga3 production to keep strech at a minimum ,,that's a daily thing

I personally like to keep temps around 80 during veg i might even go higher if I had co2,,, co2 means you can run higher temps when you want to increase uptake,, 70 f and under to kick the plant into the fade cycle ,,,what an odd disagreement you guys are having,,I literally do both things you are saying at different times,,wtf,,

Hay East Coast,,Mr Mustard is definitely more than you think he is, I promise you,,please try and reason with this situation, I'm sure you and him can see eye to eye if we chill a lil bit,,

Are we talking about the rootzone being 70 and under too?,,,I'm asking this because ive found p and k uptake drops at lower temps causing the stem to get red veins,,,this is beneficial if you want to bleed the plant and increase brix,, the more volatile terps boil off at high temps and the end products profile is not as complex at higher temps,,,,you get a different ratio of mono terps and Sesquiterpenes at higher temps,,,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing is good about under 70 besides the final days. Nothing at all.

One dimensional argument. They grow way better at 80. Shitty even compared to 70. What about LED lights, grow at 70 ?
Limiting ga3 is a a good reason to drop temps below 70 daily for lights on

eastcoastjoe

Let's not forget the morning dump/diff (-15f from average daily temps) where we stop ga3 production to keep strech at a minimum ,,that's a daily thing

I personally like to keep temps around 80 during veg i might even go higher if I had co2,,, co2 means you can run higher temps when you want to increase uptake,, 70 f and under to kick the plant into the fade cycle ,,,what an odd disagreement you guys are having,,I literally do both things you are saying at different times,,wtf,,

Hay East Coast,,Mr Mustard is definitely more than you think he is, I promise you,,please try and reason with this situation, I'm sure you and him can see eye to eye if we chill a lil bit,,

Are we talking about the rootzone being 70 and under too?,,,I'm asking this because ive found p and k uptake drops at lower temps causing the stem to get red veins,,,this is beneficial if you want to bleed the plant and increase brix,, the more volatile terps boil off at high temps and the end products profile is not as complex at higher temps,,,,you get a different ratio of mono terps and Sesquiterpenes at higher temps,,,

I’m talking about ambient temperature/ RH as it relates to the environment in your grow room and how that can affect plants via mold / disease. Since that is what this thread was originally about.
Not sure how we got to talking about terpenes and secondary metabolites.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just thought I'd get in on the fun,,,you said there was 0 benefit from running temps 70 and below,,,the morning dump gives benefit and is a Daily thing not just at the end of the job,,

If I wasn't still sniffing my own farts and working in the grow I'd search more and find better papers, but here is one I quickly goggled,,,

The point is this,,an il back it up with citation if I need to,,if we drop lights on temps to below 70 for the first hour or so we see a considerable decrease in ga3 production causing buds to be tighter and nodes to have less distance between each other,

eastcoastjoe

I just thought I'd get in on the fun,,,you said there was 0 benefit from running temps 70 and below,,,the morning dump gives benefit and is a Daily thing not just at the end of the job,,

If I wasn't still sniffing my own farts and working in the grow I'd search more and find better papers, but here is one I quickly goggled,,,

The point is this,,an il back it up with citation if I need to,,if we drop lights on temps to below 70 for the first hour or so we see a considerable decrease in ga3 production causing buds to be tighter and nodes to have less distance between each other,

Citing papers growing petunias ? Let me ask you this. What does any of this have to do with fusarium / pythium like the original person was asking ?
At least I tried staying on point by talking about environment. You guys just want to argue silly shit

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK,,bit weird but fuk it

The reason we are talking about temps now is because you focused on it,,,,One of the suggestions made in this thread was in regards to helping with pythium by lowering temps to prevent outbreaks,,you argued with that suggestion and stated this quote below as an absolute ,,it's simply not 100% accurate so it needed clarification, its clear to anyone reading what has happened here now,,there is no argument

The reason we are talking about temps now is because you focused on it,,,now you are asking why,,I'm sure you are better than this bro,,

""""Nothing is good about under 70 besides the final days. Nothing at all.

One dimensional argument. They grow way better at 80. Shitty even compared to 70. What about LED lights, grow at 70 ?"""""QUOTE

I was simply explaining that there is positive aspects to lower temps,,,you were trying to argue there is none,

Moving on,,,

do you not believe that dump/diff effects stretch in cannabis?,,have a read up on diff and get back to us if its important to you,,or not,,no biggie to me personally, I've done my job and pointed things in the right direction,,thank me after you check out morning dumps

eastcoastjoe

So basically a bunch of fluff , got it. You expect me to go research something I’m asking you to explain with your own words ?

It’s kinda tough to take you serious after you first cited a paper on hypochlorous acid killing fungus. But you probably didn’t even read it because it was talking about fungus infection of the eye being treated topically lol.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another inaccurate statement,,,

Are you trying to say hypochlorous acid doesn't kill fungus?,,,you don't sound clear or accurate

Yes it does,,and this statement proves you cant state things accurately even if they are basic,,,,I'd be wasting my time trying to force feed you information when you cant keep statements accurate or accept the basics,,,

Something weird is going on in your head bro,,everyone can see you ain't on a level now,,Good luck ,,I hope you get better, must be difficult being you

Last edited:

Ca++

So basically a bunch of fluff , got it. You expect me to go research something I’m asking you to explain with your own words ?

It’s kinda tough to take you serious after you first cited a paper on hypochlorous acid killing fungus. But you probably didn’t even read it because it was talking about fungus infection of the eye being treated topically lol.
Oh that's a shame. I was planning to get back to that. There are things that target pithium though, such as pith-off. And fusarium. So there are avenues open to us, beyond natures own defenses.
Look at the bottom of this
20230923_150722.jpg

It's proper scabby, but even out there now in the UK (16c days) it's surviving with nettles up to it's neck (now walked flat). So a healthy environment means a lot. There was no inoculation here, just a balanced range of life. The plant has grown faster than the problem, but it will be at nodes further up, and likely even the buds. The plant has outgrown it. At all temperatures. Leaving the usual bio treatments as possible treatments. Not just chemicals.

eastcoastjoe

Another inaccurate statement,,,

Are you trying to say hypochlorous acid doesn't kill fungus?,,,you don't sound clear or accurate

Yes it does,,and this statement proves you cant state things accurately even if they are basic,,,,I'd be wasting my time trying to force feed you information when you cant keep statements accurate or accept the basics,,,

Something weird is going on in your head bro,,everyone can see you ain't on a level now,,Good luck ,,I hope you get better, must be difficult being you
Oh it kills bacteria and fungus, especially an eye infection LMAO. Just not gonna fix you’re fusarium problem. I doubt you even read the paper you cited

Latest posts

Latest posts