What's new

Can organics be as simple as ...

t33to

Just sprinkle it on top of the soil - or better yet - sprinkle it on top of your mulch.

The Epsoma stuff is organic. No worries about salt built up in an organic grow. Some of us have been running containers without drainage holes for a long time without any issues.

Good reason to make the switch. I've been using the same soil mix in the same container continuously for over a year.

I can be really easy. This is how I do it:
(1) Chop the old plants at the base - leaving a stump and a roots.
(2) Cut-dig holes for the new plants.
(3) Plant new plants in the holes and water.
(4) Observe over the next week. If they look needy top dress some guano and castings and apply a ACT.

I also return all plant material back to the soil. Stems and fan leafs get used as mulch immediately after harvest. The sugar leafs and popcorn buds will get used for mulch after bubble hash extraction. Check out the recycling thread in my signature for more information.

Pine

Dude, you've been an incredibly wealth of information for me. Thank you so much.

Any chance I could see a pic of your soil bed with all the mulch on it. I'm having troubles imagining what that might look like. Do you chop up all the stalks and such?

Edit. Nevermind, I see that your signature has lots of info!

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, so the hot compost pile is where I put my recently used dirt? Could this just be a big container like a food safe plastic garbage can. Does it need air? turning? is 8 weeks long enough for it to "sit" till it's good to go again?

answer to all these ???s is "yes"

as for "boost" balanced top dress right before the flip is good

maybe a flower FPE tea instead

better to mix a little on the light side then ad as needed than too strong

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
If you make and recycle your soil mix, organic growing is simple, cheap, forgiving, and productive. Not having to feed plants is simple a matter of pot size. But feeding organic plants is so simple, just top dress with with some powdered organic nutrients like guano, rock dust, and kelp meal.

With recycled soil a few grow cycles is all that's needed to match hydro in yielding power.

V

vonforne

answer to all these ???s is "yes"

as for "boost" balanced top dress right before the flip is good

maybe a flower FPE tea instead

better to mix a little on the light side then ad as needed than too strong

Less = better.

great answer X

Montana

Yea if you don't have the space for a big compost pile.......get something like an 40 gal barrel.......chuck all your used med in there......along with some hotter amendments like alfalfa, blood, guano or whatever you want to use......and have it cook down the roots while your current cycle is growing.........ideally you want an actual compost pile with weeds, manure, kitchen scraps. leaves an shit....but......make due with what you've got....disease will build up over time without either crop rotation, or composting............use your charged batteries while the other ones recharge....

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Just sprinkle it on top of the soil - or better yet - sprinkle it on top of your mulch.

The Epsoma stuff is organic. No worries about salt built up in an organic grow. Some of us have been running containers without drainage holes for a long time without any issues.

Good reason to make the switch. I've been using the same soil mix in the same container continuously for over a year.

I can be really easy. This is how I do it:
(1) Chop the old plants at the base - leaving a stump and a roots.
(2) Cut-dig holes for the new plants.
(3) Plant new plants in the holes and water.
(4) Observe over the next week. If they look needy top dress some guano and castings and apply a ACT.

I also return all plant material back to the soil. Stems and fan leafs get used as mulch immediately after harvest. The sugar leafs and popcorn buds will get used for mulch after bubble hash extraction. Check out the recycling thread in my signature for more information.

Pine

I love this method! I like to make sure to get a nice EWC, freesshhh outta the bin and top dress with a bunch of worms too and then mulch it nicely! I like to soak my bark mulch on some fish emulsion/kelp solution before applying it too :jump:

But yeah, this method is the easiest way to recycle, I'm on my 2nd run doing this and its going so great, i feel like the old roots help support/aerate the soil for the new roots!

Anyways, good luck, organics is awesome, make sure to start a worm bin also, if you really trying to stick to organics! That will save you a bunch of bux in the long run!

Take care and good luck!