What's new

Can LED's do a pound or better per harvest?

Can LED's do a pound or better per harvest?

• No

Votes: 53 9.1%
  • Yes, 250 watts

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • Yes, 400 watts

Votes: 134 22.9%
  • Yes, 600 watts

Votes: 212 36.2%
  • Yes, 1K and up

Votes: 146 25.0%

• Total voters

Phychotron

strange, i posted during server maintainence and despite having triple posted, this thread does not show up in "my posts." this site needs a real web programmer to fix a lot of these bugs..

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
very nice Phychotron :tiphat:

love me some OVER 1 POUND LED grows !!!!

Phychotron

Thanks, it didn't seem like so much, cause they were at different maturity and i got all the oz's over a month and a half. I'm trying to get back into the 4x4 and maximize that area so i can get my bedroom back.

i'm thinking of just getting the 4 blackstars with the 400ds in the center. The tent heats up pretty quickly with that much going on in there, especially the blackstars running warmer than the 400. I want to get another 400 and move on from the blackstars. I've added a cold air intake to solve the problem in the summer, not needed in the winter. I pump the heat into my living room and turned my heater down.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
The 500 watt surround is not shown, but I am thinking this could do a pound.
Two 357 magnum Plus, two 400 CMH, and 512 fluorescent surround with lizard lights. 1150 umol of PAR, more than the 12/12 room.
This is an 18/6 room, the 12/12 room has a single plant container coming out soon with over 20 ounces in it.

The quality of red light from the LED's is so much better than HPS it is hard to even make a comparison. LED is the main overhead light in two out of three rooms now. The papaya shown has sisters testing with CMH and surround without LED in the third room. The veg LED's are just over a week old, transplanted the clones at the same time.

I have a thread on all that, I just add to this one 'cause LED's are so functional.

Attachments

• June lights 18-6 room 003.jpg
    June lights 18-6 room 003.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 15
  • June lights 18-6 room 004.jpg
    June lights 18-6 room 004.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 11

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Now I have a question. What does everyone think that the best spectrum is for high yield? I see retailers boasting more than 10 spectrums on some occasions... is there really any point or is it all a waste? I'm not really seeing any science about mixing spectrums (above 2 blue and 2 red); anyone got a good resource on this?

Would like to know this as well. :blowbubbles:

GP73LPC

Veteran
there are some threads around discussing the colors. green for example does promote photosynthesis just not as fast as red and blue... UVb is supposed to promote trich growth...

wish i had it bookmarked now...

paper thorn

Veteran
Just chopped a C99 under a 205 watt LED hydrogrowled and got 3.5 oz. In a 20" by 20" area. It was in a small rubbermaid tote. I used GH Maxibloom nutes.

siddhartha

Hey GP7,
did you find your article. Check out Dr Park Nobel Physicochemical and Environmental Plant Physiology. They are referred to as auxiliary pigments

Sidd

GP73LPC

Veteran
actually it was a thread here that was talking about green lights...

i will check that out when time permits...

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I can't wait until I find a decent female that yields well to put under a few of the flowering panels I have and cram everything into a 4x8 on a light mover and see what happens.

There is some impressive shots in here fellas.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I think right around 400 watts can get you a pound with a led panel from what I am seeing ( dialed in of course ).

Latest posts

Latest posts