What's new

can laboratories tell if your piss has been frozen?

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
As I was told urine in a test is tested for specific gravity, ph, protein content and at the time of the test for temp. they dont get down to the molecular level and examine the proteins and cellular material for denaturing and degredation. I personally always relied on the old whizzinator with the synthetic pee myself, too bad they are no longer available.

good luck -fb

This makes a lot of sense to me. I know it used to be creatinine levels they'd look at for dilution (too low and you obviously just chugged 3 gallons of water, too high and maybe you're spiking it with something). Protein assays (esp immunoassays) combined with specific gravity would be a fairly cheap way of telling if you've got a dilution problem and would get around the trend (god this was 15 years ago?) of just upping your creatine/red meat intake sharply to thus up your creatinine output even with dilute urine.

I would pay at least $5 for a photo essay of how you managed to get your dog to pee into a cup and then the results of that test. Be sure to blame any issues with the urine on some really weird fetish, preferably a quasi-religious one involving Gary Coleman.

Latest posts

Latest posts